The Student Room Group

Where I can sell A-level books?

So I have a few books in great condition to sell (ranging from a core 4 book to an Ace the TSA book). I know that there are sites to sell them instantly, but for one of the books (ace the TSA) the RRP is £25 and the maximum I can get from one of those sites is £8.

Aside from eBay, because that hasn't worked either, wheres the best place to sell these books?
Reply 1
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
So I have a few books in great condition to sell (ranging from a core 4 book to an Ace the TSA book). I know that there are sites to sell them instantly, but for one of the books (ace the TSA) the RRP is £25 and the maximum I can get from one of those sites is £8.

Aside from eBay, because that hasn't worked either, wheres the best place to sell these books?

Amazon.
Reply 2
on here??
Original post by goam
on here??

Advertising is prohibited on TSR.
Original post by Ciel.
Amazon.

for some reason, amazon won't let me even make an account so I can sell...
Reply 5
for some reason, amazon won't let me even make an account so I can sell...

You are... screwed then....?
Original post by Ciel.

Local school?
Original post by Ciel.

thanks! haha, It just seem such a shame to only get £8 for a book worth £25 :/
Reply 8
thanks! haha, It just seem such a shame to only get £8 for a book worth £25 :/

Well it WAS worth 25, though. Who would pay that much for a used book?
Original post by Student403
Local school?

My school hands out the core 4 books, and well... no one really applies to Oxbridge (we've only ever had one person get in in the whole school history) :/
Original post by Ciel.
Well it WAS worth 25, though. Who would pay that much for a used book?

It's in pristine condition; I barely used it and the second hand value is around £18 because of what it is.
Reply 11
It's in pristine condition; I barely used it and the second hand value is around £18 because of what it is.

Well, maybe use your friend's Amazon account then or something then, you won't get as much anywhere else.
My school hands out the core 4 books, and well... no one really applies to Oxbridge (we've only ever had one person get in in the whole school history) :/

Hmm.. non local school?
Original post by Student403
Hmm.. non local school?

I think I'd get some weird looks turning up at a random school trying to sell books 😂
Gumtree? Local Facebook groups?
amazon marketplace, school or college noticeboard.
It may be your books are out of daye if they are legacy syllabus.
I think I'd get some weird looks turning up at a random school trying to sell books 😂

Perhaps you have some friends or cousins who go to school elsewhere?

I know that you said not eBay but that's the only place I've been able to sell any of my old AS textbooks. Honestly though, you will find it difficult to sell second hand books for anything near their original price, even if they are in pristine condition. People would just much rather spend an extra £5 or so for a brand new book.
Original post by Platopus
I know that you said not eBay but that's the only place I've been able to sell any of my old AS textbooks. Honestly though, you will find it difficult to sell second hand books for anything near their original price, even if they are in pristine condition. People would just much rather spend an extra £5 or so for a brand new book.

Do you think it's best to sell them in August or nearer September?
Do you think it's best to sell them in August or nearer September?

I sold quite a few of my AS textbooks on eBay last August, but on reflection I may have had better luck in September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending