The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
Oops, I meant I voted Remain.

The petrol bombing was reported on the news.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/28/butcher-hit-by-petrol-bomb-in-latest-racist-incident-5971947/

Wow fair enough.
Original post by WBZ144
Oops, I meant I voted Remain.

The petrol bombing was reported on the news.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/28/butcher-hit-by-petrol-bomb-in-latest-racist-incident-5971947/

Being British myself I am utterly ashamed of living in the UK at the moment.
Original post by KingBradly
Thousands, if not millions, of people recieve unnecessary hatred towards them. I find it very sad, but I think it's all equally sad.

And we should work to stop this hatred, all that Brexit has done is increase it.

I'm still struggling to find any positives that have happened due to Brexit.
Original post by The_Opinion
Leftists committing fake hate crimes, not surprised at all, when they are not busy trying to incite violence against police, allow men into little girls bathrooms and assaulting those they disagree with, they have to find something to occupy their time.

Gotta say, considering a LOT of the stuff Remain supporters have been saying to Leave voters since the results, it's hardly a one-way street.

If Leave voters bothered to report even half the 'incidents' of abuse and 'hate crimes' they've received I suspect the Remain camp would be rather eager to ignore those figures.

Some racists acted racist, the UK is hardly descending into Norsefire or a Krystalnacht.

Original post by WBZ144
I voted Remain, but I don't think that 52% of the country is racist. What happened was that the leaders of the Leave campaign were irresponsible and flirted with xenophobia and bigotry, so the actual bigots became emboldened after the results because they think that 52% of the country agrees with them. Last week and man shouted in my face and pushed past me rather violently for no reason, first time that something like that had happened to me. Then the Halal butcher's down the road from my mum's was petrol bombed and completely destroyed. The latter was certainly terrorism.

As a leave voter I'd just like to say I'd happily stand with you and tell that racist **** where to go.

I voted Leave (and in my mind for various good reasons), but I have no time for racism and xenophobic pish.

You're right, the number of actual racists in the UK is significantly less than 52%.

Hopefully cooler and wiser heads (like ours) prevail.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by qwertypoiop
Being British myself I am utterly ashamed of living in the UK at the moment.

Awww, things always get worse before they get better.
Original post by WBZ144
I voted Remain, but I don't think that 52% of the country is racist. What happened was that the leaders of the Leave campaign were irresponsible and flirted with xenophobia and bigotry, so the actual bigots became emboldened after the results because they think that 52% of the country agrees with them. Last week and man shouted in my face and pushed past me rather violently for no reason, first time that something like that had happened to me. Then the Halal butcher's down the road from my mum's was petrol bombed and completely destroyed. The latter was certainly terrorism.

That's horrible. You should report that incident to the authorities.
Maybe these racist incidents are one of the reasons some leave voters are starting to regret their decision.
Original post by tanyapotter
Aren't the right wing allowing men into little girls' bathrooms, when they say that trans men belong in female toilets even though they're men?

No, the right don't want them with little girls, what you are saying is simply not true, just look to the US, its Democrats that support it and Republicans against it.
Original post by Craig1998
And we should work to stop this hatred, all that Brexit has done is increase it.

perhaps, we should try looking for positives in a few years time.
Original post by tanyapotter
Aren't the right wing allowing men into little girls' bathrooms, when they say that trans men belong in female toilets even though they're men?

Trans men are women. They are just pretending to be men lol

Well Brexit hasn't happened yet, so that's pretty predictable.
Original post by Trapz99
Trans men are women. They are just pretending to be men lol

The point was that the right wing would not allow trans men to use male bathrooms, and so they (with some who look blatantly masculine) would be forced to use the female bathrooms, something which may make women uncomfortable with. If you do a google search you can see what a trans man looks like, a man. Ok, a lot on the first few are of the same man, but you get my point.

This works vice versa aswell.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
Well Brexit hasn't happened yet, so that's pretty predictable.

Fair enough. I'll quote this in a few years time when our economy hasn't recovered though :P
Hate crime towards Leave voters has also surged.
Part of it is the reporting system, accusations count as crimes, and multiple accusations against the same person count as multiple crimes. Dig away at that and there is actually little change.
The point was that the right wing would not allow trans men to use male bathrooms, and so they (with some who look blatantly masculine) would be forced to use the female bathrooms, something which may make women uncomfortable with. If you do a google search you can see what a trans man looks like, a man. Ok, a lot on the first few are of the same man, but you get my point.

This works vice versa aswell.

I'm sure men would still be uncomfortable with a 'man' with female genitals entering a male bathroom. They should either go to the bathroom of their sex or go to a private bathroom.
Original post by Trapz99
I'm sure men would still be uncomfortable with a 'man' with female genitals entering a male bathroom. They should either go to the bathroom of their sex or go to a private bathroom.

Well it's not as if a man with female genitals is going to put them on display. And a woman with male genitals wouldn't have urinals in the womans bathroom.

If (and it's probably already happened) a trans man has walked into the same public bathroom as you, you would definitely have no idea unless they said they were a trans man, or if they had not had an operation and displayed female genitals/breasts.

Someone would be more uncomfortable with a masculine trans man walking into a female bathroom.
Original post by TheReader
That's horrible. You should report that incident to the authorities.
Maybe these racist incidents are one of the reasons some leave voters are starting to regret their decision.

Lets have a look at the rise in sex crimes since the 'refugees are welcome' brigade waved their wand shall we? maybe you people will regret that?
Irish mate in Manchester had complaint filed against him at work because customer "didn't want to be served by an Irishman"

Charming.
Original post by NickLCFC
Hate crime towards Leave voters has also surged.

Comparing physical violence and people actually receiving verbal hate to someone on an online forum saying a leave voter is racist doesn't work.
Whites want their homeland back

Who are you to deny us our right to self determination?

Forced immigration and diversity imposed on only White populations the agenda is clear

You are more racist than us

Latest

Trending

Trending