The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mohdstudent
I am in the same position. But i did a stupider mistake when I differentiated 1/t I wrote Lnt...I have no idea what was going through my mind when I wrote that. Anyway lets hope the grade boundaries will help us, also everyone in my school got lower than a B (as they said)..and we have 40+ people doing C4 so that should help with the grade boundaries. Good luck!

we sound like the same person. I did EXACTLY that, then caught my error, but still couldn't make sense of my working :/
Original post by Danny_L
we sound like the same person. I did EXACTLY that, then caught my error, but still couldn't make sense of my working :/

At least you spotted it. I literally dont know why I wrote that I mean an AS student can write that differential in seconds...Anyway exams are almost over now (last one is tomorrow) so I guess there is no point of thinking about this anymore. Good luck on results day :smile:
Original post by mohdstudent
At least you spotted it. I literally dont know why I wrote that I mean an AS student can write that differential in seconds...Anyway exams are almost over now (last one is tomorrow) so I guess there is no point of thinking about this anymore. Good luck on results day :smile:

You too.
Almost certain I've got what I need, but I really wanted 2 A*s this year. Looks like it's not on the cards, but nevermind.
Original post by xiao68
I got C4 between 72-75/90, Shall I get UMS 87 for that?:s-smilie:

very likely yes
Anyone predicting the grade boundaries? This paper was ridiculously difficult, I hope it's not something crazy like 74/90 for an A or something
Original post by jaseho98
Anyone predicting the grade boundaries? This paper was ridiculously difficult, I hope it's not something crazy like 74/90 for an A or something

68/69 A imo
Original post by HFancy1997
68/69 A imo

That's still high though isn't it... did you find it easy?!
Original post by jaseho98
That's still high though isn't it... did you find it easy?!

Yep, it went extremely well for me...But I understand why people may have found section A tricky. But the comprehension paper was soo easy aswell so I think everything cancels out= average grade boundries imo
How many ums would 65/90 be for c4??
Reply 329
Original post by emma_1111
How many ums would 65/90 be for c4??

76ish
how did everyone do

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got AAA. Not the A* I wanted, as I got high As in all my maths papers except for M3 and FP2 in Further Maths, which were Cs. Whoopth!
But I'm done mourning. I bet all you beautiful people aced it. :wink: <3
Original post by WhiteBison
I got AAA. Not the A* I wanted, as I got high As in all my maths papers except for M3 and FP2 in Further Maths, which were Cs. Whoopth!
But I'm done mourning. I bet all you beautiful people aced it. :wink: <3

I got A*AB, B in further maths I did really bad in my A2 Fm exams LuL. But for my maths I got an a* 97 in c3 and 100 in c4 and I got into my firm so im happy:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got A*AB, B in further maths I did really bad in my A2 Fm exams LuL. But for my maths I got an a* 97 in c3 and 100 in c4 and I got into my firm so im happy:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome man! Well done! Alas I missed my firm, Bristol MEng Aeronautical. I'm off to Nottingham, as they only wanted AAA. The annoying thing is that two of my friends applied also, and one got AAA (Maths), like me, and the other AAB (MEng Electrical), worse, and they got in. Aero is just hellsa competitive I suppose? No idea why, I mean it's only rocket science, goh.

Where are you headed mate?
Oh awesome man! Well done! Alas I missed my firm, Bristol MEng Aeronautical. I'm off to Nottingham, as they only wanted AAA. The annoying thing is that two of my friends applied also, and one got AAA (Maths), like me, and the other AAB (MEng Electrical), worse, and they got in. Aero is just hellsa competitive I suppose? No idea why, I mean it's only rocket science, goh.

Where are you headed mate?

Aww sorry to here:/ Nottingham is hella good so its fine:smile: im studying at Manchester and ill be living with 4 friends so I look forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww sorry to here:/ Nottingham is hella good so its fine:smile: im studying at Manchester and ill be living with 4 friends so I look forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha thanks, and that sounds perfect! Best of luck :bumps:
Aha thanks, and that sounds perfect! Best of luck :bumps:

You too and gratz on your results:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 90 UMS and im a retard, came out with 511 ums and i was predicted a B haha
Original post by Magicalgeofray
i got 90 UMS and im a retard, came out with 511 ums and i was predicted a B haha

Good job dude thats awesome, did you get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good job dude thats awesome, did you get an A*?
Posted from TSR Mobile

not quite, i got an e in the core 3 coursework because i didnt have a clue what i was doing, i got 83 in core 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending