The Student Room Group

Black lives matter protest in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Galaxie501
Solidarity for cop killing racist terrorists you mean? The black lives matter movement is poised with extremists of all kind, ever since its existence.

Of course there are extremists. But not every single person in the BLM is an extemeist, many people just want equality and justice for every black man wrongfully killed by police due to the colour of their skin. Youre an angry white person because you feel like the BLM movement alienates your race and you feel irrelevant. However, thats not the case. BLM does mean black lives matter THE MOST. we just want to matter.
Original post by Playmaker#10
Being Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean you still aren't a threat and one of the police officers was asian not white, why are you people only interested in murder when it's a white person doing it to a black person?

I think that is because of history itself. From the slave trade white people hate talking about, to the 1960s. British people act like racism never touched this country, does anyone wonder why there is a notting hill carnvial? White americans are so scared of black men its insane, they are scared for no reason. If any of those men were pointing their guns at the officers, poised to shoot but the point is they were not. Niether man had any weapons out. In a country where you can get a license to carry in 5 minutes, officers are awful scared when a black man has a gun for NO REASON.
Original post by angelaappah
I think that is because of history itself. From the slave trade white people hate talking about, to the 1960s. British people act like racism never touched this country, does anyone wonder why there is a notting hill carnvial? White americans are so scared of black men its insane, they are scared for no reason. If any of those men were pointing their guns at the officers, poised to shoot but the point is they were not. Niether man had any weapons out. In a country where you can get a license to carry in 5 minutes, officers are awful scared when a black man has a gun for NO REASON.

No, that isn't true at all, you're the only one race baiting here, white Americans aren't afraid of black men, and Alton sterling actually had a gun on him when he was being arrested by the officers, and you can't just use 1 or 2 examples of a black man's death by an officer (even though philando castle's killer was asian) to generalise and say all police officers are scared of black men with a gun.
No, that isn't true at all, you're the only one race baiting here, white Americans aren't afraid of black men, and Alton sterling actually had a gun on him when he was being arrested by the officers, and you can't just use 1 or 2 examples of a black man's death by an officer (even though philando castle's killer was asian) to generalise and say all police officers are scared of black men with a gun.

Alton Sterling did not take out his gun. Why kill someone for having a gun when he had a license?

Eric garner, mike brown, tamir rice, leroy brownng.... the list is endless. Tamir rice was only 13 years old and had a FAKE GUN. DUE TO THE COLOUR OF HIS SKIN, HE WAS SHOT BY A WHITE POLICE OFFICER WHO SAW HIM AS A THREAT. HE SAID OH ANOTHER BLACK THUG WITH A GUN AND SHOT AND SHOT HIM DEAD. I dont know what youre talking about race baiting for, i only have problems with racists
Alton Sterling did not take out his gun. Why kill someone for having a gun when he had a license?

Eric garner, mike brown, tamir rice, leroy brownng.... the list is endless. Tamir rice was only 13 years old and had a FAKE GUN. DUE TO THE COLOUR OF HIS SKIN, HE WAS SHOT BY A WHITE POLICE OFFICER WHO SAW HIM AS A THREAT. HE SAID OH ANOTHER BLACK THUG WITH A GUN AND SHOT AND SHOT HIM DEAD. I dont know what youre talking about race baiting for, i only have problems with racists

You're confusing Alton sterling with Philando castile, sometimes I wonder why I bother to waste my time. Sigh.

Philando castle was shot because the cop told him to get his licence and he thought he was reaching for his gun, now is that justified, no, but to say that the reason why he killed him was because of his skin colour is madness.

Same goes for Tamir rice, the officers repeatedly told him to put his fake gun down, but he refused to listen, maybe if he actually listened he would still be alive now, and that has NOTHING to do with the colour of his skin, that's nonsense, if officers were only caring about skin colour how come most of the people killed by officers are White?, and how come the rate of murder for both black and white men are the same 3% ?

Stop the race baiting please, yes I agree that police brutality in America is a deep deep problem, but to say that it's only towards black people, and black people are the ones everyone should focus on when this sort of things happen to everyone is nonsense stupid and selfish.
You're confusing Alton sterling with Philando castile, sometimes I wonder why I bother to waste my time. Sigh.

Philando castle was shot because the cop told him to get his licence and he thought he was reaching for his gun, now is that justified, no, but to say that the reason why he killed him was because of his skin colour is madness.

Same goes for Tamir rice, the officers repeatedly told him to put his fake gun down, but he refused to listen, maybe if he actually listened he would still be alive now, and that has NOTHING to do with the colour of his skin, that's nonsense, if officers were only caring about skin colour how come most of the people killed by officers are White?, and how come the rate of murder for both black and white men are the same 3% ?

Stop the race baiting please, yes I agree that police brutality in America is a deep deep problem, but to say that it's only towards black people, and black people are the ones everyone should focus on when this sort of things happen to everyone is nonsense stupid and selfish.

Both men had guns on them actually. And in the case of Tamir Rice,
"The actual recording of the phone call reveals that the 9-1-1 responder asked whether the boy was black or white three times" Why was the colour of his skin relevant? I'll tell you why. If it had been a white 12 year old, they wouldn't have shot him. They needed to know the colour of his skin to know their approach to the situation. Now, firstly we need to both agree that the white men killed by police officers were never killed because they were white. Even the thought makes me laugh. In the cases of Philando Carstile and Alton Sterling, the colour of their skin definitely came to play in their deaths. I don't care about the amount of white people killed by police officers, thats a backhanded excuse I have seen every white person angry at the BLM use. Take it somewhere else. I can't argue with a racist and an ignoramus at that too.
Please leave this cancer in America.
Hmmm..... where are the protests against demonizing all cops? Where's the outrage?

If any minority group in the US would have killed innocent people like some of the US Cops did, then there would be 1 demo against that minority group and 10 SJW demos telling people to not to demonize all people of that minority group.

In a few days MSNBC and TYT are probably gonna claim that all the cops were shot by accident.
(edited 7 years ago)
Both men had guns on them actually. And in the case of Tamir Rice,
"The actual recording of the phone call reveals that the 9-1-1 responder asked whether the boy was black or white three times" Why was the colour of his skin relevant? I'll tell you why. If it had been a white 12 year old, they wouldn't have shot him. They needed to know the colour of his skin to know their approach to the situation. Now, firstly we need to both agree that the white men killed by police officers were never killed because they were white. Even the thought makes me laugh. In the cases of Philando Carstile and Alton Sterling, the colour of their skin definitely came to play in their deaths. I don't care about the amount of white people killed by police officers, thats a backhanded excuse I have seen every white person angry at the BLM use. Take it somewhere else. I can't argue with a racist and an ignoramus at that too.

Right, so because they are white their colour couldn't have come into place when they are killed by police officers, but if they are black, then they certainly had to be killed because they were black.

There's no helping people like you.

"I don't care about the amount of white people killed by police officers"

If you don't care about the amount of white people killed, then why should white people care about the amount of people killed by black people
Being Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean you still aren't a threat and one of the police officers was asian not white, why are you people only interested in murder when it's a white person doing it to a black person?

Because us whites have been doing it for centuries, so it's time to ****ing stop, or we get retaliation like Dallas.
Original post by NickLCFC
Please leave this cancer in America.

Agreed. There was one in Brum today and there will be one in Manc on Monday :biggrin:

Cringe worthy. It is the equivalent of having a march in Minnesota over the Brexit result.
Interesting to see what I assume to be 15-17 year old socially inept people post vitriol on subjects they cannot understand.

Armchair politics at its finest.
Original post by Galaxie501
Solidarity for cop killing racist terrorists you mean? The black lives matter movement is poised with extremists of all kind, ever since its existence.

Thats funny cause so is the white race.
You know how people judge the entire religion of Islam based on the actions of a very small percentage of people belonging to that group? It's the same for police. A few bad cops make all cops look evil. Unless the majority of all the good cops come out and denounce these wrong doers, the negative outlook on police will always be present
"All Lives Matter" is like I go to the Doctor for a broken arm and he says "All Bones Matter" ok but right now lets take care of this broken one
Original post by MisterPC
Why do Amercians (of all race as far as I can tell) use the term African American? It seems like such an unnecessary divide and an us/them distinction. I don't think any other country does this.

Pretty sure when you have to stipulate your ethnicity on forms there's a "black British" option.
These "protesters", are just using the police on black shootings in America as an excuse to have a protest. Seriously what have these individuals got to protest about? Nothing, their not the ones being shot by police, this is an American issue. The black people protesting in London just want someone to shout at and they know that political correctness is on their side so that only encourages them to carry on. I think the slogans they are using are quite frankly a joke, as they are grammatically incorrect and just proves how stupid they are. Like I said this is an American issue.
I don't understand the point of this protest, no one in London was shot..

If I could I would join them but with a banner saying BLACK CATS LIVES MATTER, STOP THE STEREOTYPE!"

(I'm serious,)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrincessZara
"All Lives Matter" is like I go to the Doctor for a broken arm and he says "All Bones Matter" ok but right now lets take care of this broken one

Twitter is good isn't it?
Original post by Crazycatguy
I don't understand the point of this protest, no one in London was shot..

If I could I would join them but with a banner saying BLACK CATS LIVES MATTER, STOP THE STEREOTYPE!"

(I'm serious,)

That is like saying, oh students are not going to have bailiffs knocking on their door, then why protest against the rise of student loans?
Its like also saying oh young people shouldn't protest against the
election results, because it is democracy, and they know nothing about the country.
We live in a country in which people can peacefully protest, if gay people can march for pride, then black people can protest.

Quick Reply

Latest