The Student Room Group

If you don't get in to Oxbridge, does it mean you are inferior?

Scroll to see replies

No
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Playmaker#10
Since I'm not going Oxbridge can someone tell me how much a Dustbin man earns?

In Birminham you could earn roughly 50,000 to 100,000 a year if you're lucky, **** knows why. Also, become a train driver and earn 60,000 a year for.... Sitting on your arse all day
Original post by fermat1324
wtf when i was 18 i got a warwick offer of AA at advanced higher with no interview. Didn't apply to Cambridge but it wouldve been interview, A1A1A1 and 1's in STEP I imagine.

Has it changed?

Now for Warwick it's A*AA plus 1 in STEP or A*A*A plus 2 in STEP
for Cambridge it's A*A*A plus STEP (the website doesn't say if it's 1 or 2)
So yeah they are pretty similar
No, of course it doesn't.

Original post by asinghj
I really hope you're being sarcastic, because the best maths uni is Warwick

Cambridge is obviously better for maths than Warwick, lol.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
No, of course it doesn't.

Cambridge is obviously better for maths than Warwick, lol.

Ok. I just said because that's what my maths teacher told us
I'm an Oxford post-interview reject for engineering, and I am inferior in MANY different ways, but not because of that. I think.
Reply 26
All else being equal, yes of course. The exceptions being people who get onto a course at another uni that is better than the Oxbridge equivalent.
I never send my future offspring to "Oxbridge"
Original post by Blue_Mason
I never send my future offspring to "Oxbridge"

To be fair you don't really get a choice in the matter...
Reply 29
Yes if you are heavily into education and conventional careers, with obvious special conditions like people without the money to go (if this happens) or people where another uni is actually better for their subject.

But yeah, I'd say you're inferior if you're from England and do maths at a lesser uni than Cambridge.

That's why you can't get laid, perhaps? :giggle:
But I can't study my subject at Cambridge. But tbh, I doubt I would have got in lol
Original post by Ciel.
That's why you can't get laid, perhaps? :giggle:

maybe bro but i think it has more to do with my mental illness tbh which has destroyed my life

anyway i did say that you're inferior if you're heavily into education and go to a lesser uni. obv if you're not into education then it doesn't matter
Original post by Playmaker#10
Since I'm not going Oxbridge can someone tell me how much a Dustbin man earns?

Reply 33
maybe bro but i think it has more to do with my mental illness tbh which has destroyed my life

anyway i did say that you're inferior if you're heavily into education and go to a lesser uni. obv if you're not into education then it doesn't matter

Excuses, excuses. I'm an emotional/mental wreck and that didn't stop me.

I didn't go to Oxbridge and still secured a training contract with one of the top law firms. And not going to Oxridge certainly didn't make me feel 'inferior' lol.
Reply 34
go **** yourself you absolute **** I have severe and enduring mental ill health. I have schizophrenia you prick.

Boohoo, that doesn't give you the right to call people inferior just because they didn't go to Oxford or Cambridge.

And 'schizophrenia' isn't the reason why you can't get laid, either, it's your annoying attitude.
Reply 35
Aww so I'm ignorant because I don't see non-oxbridge students as 'inferior'? Good to know bruv.
Original post by Alexion
No. Oxbridge just wasn't the best for my subject. So I didn't apply by choice :u:

Which subject is this?
Original post by B4LL3R
That includes people that never applied

Inferior in what sense?
At A levels?
Academically?
In life?
As a human being?
As a partner or parent?
Reply 38
oh go **** yourself

seriously you are an *******. You have an appalling attitude to mental ill health considering your membership of the mental health support soc.

Drink bleach and die.

Why? I wasn't even talking about your mental health lol. I am talking about your attitude. Just because you went to Oxford doesn't mean you are 'better than everyone else'
Original post by Serine Soul
Approximately five shillings a week

Loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending