The Student Room Group

Disability at Uni?

Hi,

So I have several illnesses/disabilities. Going by what has happened over the past two years, I'll likely get more while at uni. I'm a wheelchair user and in serious need of a new wheelchair. I've found one but it's going to cost ÂŁ1500 second hand. Does anyone know of any charities that could help with that?

Also, what is it like at uni with a disability? I'm worried about the work load and ending up in hospital with my illnesses. Plus the possibility of me having to go back home for a few days for hospital appointments. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you x
Is there a possibility that you can get transferred to a hospital in the city where your uni is?
Original post by hmurg
Hi,

So I have several illnesses/disabilities. Going by what has happened over the past two years, I'll likely get more while at uni. I'm a wheelchair user and in serious need of a new wheelchair. I've found one but it's going to cost ÂŁ1500 second hand. Does anyone know of any charities that could help with that?

Also, what is it like at uni with a disability? I'm worried about the work load and ending up in hospital with my illnesses. Plus the possibility of me having to go back home for a few days for hospital appointments. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you x

not quite but for 4 years (through the my time at uni) I was being prepped for an operation so I had to go to a few hospital appointments . The I I and my mates were very understanding if I had to miss a day or two. You will find that if are upfront people will be accomdation get to your needs if you are really worried there is always the OU or a corspondance course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending