The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous_18
Bhs are closing but are looking for people. I gave them my cv and he gave me the job the same day. I have no retail experience..and the pay is better then most because it's £7.20 an hour when it should be 6.50 for under 21s. So I get £300 approx a week..

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a bhs and indeed they are closing
But for how long can you work there if they're closing?
Original post by Anonymous_18
Bhs are closing but are looking for people. I gave them my cv and he gave me the job the same day. I have no retail experience..and the pay is better then most because it's £7.20 an hour when it should be 6.50 for under 21s. So I get £300 approx a week..

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you work for BHS make sure to get on friendly terms with your line manager/supervisor and ask if you can ave their contact details for them to be a reference for other jobs. Getting a reference from an employer that has closed down is a pain so if you're on friendly terms and can put future employers in direct contact with an old line manager then you save yourself hassle :smile:
Original post by PQ
If you work for BHS make sure to get on friendly terms with your line manager/supervisor and ask if you can ave their contact details for them to be a reference for other jobs. Getting a reference from an employer that has closed down is a pain so if you're on friendly terms and can put future employers in direct contact with an old line manager then you save yourself hassle :smile:

There's nothing on BHS's website about careers (I just see page not found?)

Shall I go to the store in person?
Reply 583
are all schools in UK have the results day on the same day then ?
Original post by Mamad.

Yup, we all find out what we got on the same day and if you're in year 13 and have offers for uni, you find out if you've been accepted to uni too
Original post by Mamad.

Sort of

Most schools in England, Wales and NI offer A levels - those results all come in on the same day.
Scottish schools offer Highers and Advanced Highers - those results come in about a week and a half before the A levels.
Some schools offer BTECs in vocational subjects - those results come out throughout June and July
And some schools offer IB which came out this week
Still unemployed :biggrin:
Are you AS or A2?
A2 :smile:

AS grades
AAAA

A2 predictions
My school have predicted me A*A*A*A* but after the exams I'm just really hoping for AAAA

What subjects are you taking?
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature (all CCEA)

How are your exams going?
They were a mixed bag...Chemistry A21 was awful as was C3 and C4, and English A21 was hard :frown: although S1 and Chemistry A23 went well enough.

To which university are you hoping to go to?
University of Edinburgh :smile:

To study what?
Chemistry

How are you feeling about results day?
I haven't given it much thought, but I think I've let myself down. At this stage though I just want to get into uni. (I need AAA).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you AS or A2?
A2

AS grades
AAAA

A2 predictions
My predicted grades are A*A*A* but I'm just hoping for A*AA as that's what I need for my firm choice!

What subjects are you taking?

Biology (AQA) Chemistry (AQA), Maths (Edexcel)

How are your exams going?
All the Biology exams went very well imo although I don't want to jinx it! Chem4 and Chem6 were tough, but Chem5 was lovely. In Maths, C3 went REALLY well, C4 went pretty well, D1.... meh. (Pretty much the OPPOSITE of what I expected in Maths, as I thought C3 and C4 would be disastrous!)
To which university are you hoping to go to?
Durham University (College of St Hild and St Bede!)

To study what?
Chemistry

How are you feeling about results day?
Strongly mixed feelings but mainly just really scared! I think the majority of my exams went well but I don't know if I will get the grades I need considering how hard Chem 4 and D1 were... so I don't want to get my hopes up!
Does any one have any clue on what grade boundaries are going to be like this year?? most papers are still out of the same marks as last years but new spec papers have some differences in their structures, was wondering if anyone had an idea on what grade boundaries might be like considering that there are no ISA's this year which can really boost grades and that its first year of new specification
I just want results day done and over with, although I know there'll be tears from me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Um basically I'm waiting for my AS results feel they went ok, studying maths physics chemistry and biology (dropping bio next year ) I'm hopefully going to do civil engineering at Sheffield so need at least AAA at A2. I have a general idea of what I'm ment to do after I get my results with UCAS, but could someone just run me through the procedure(I'm not applying to Oxbridge)
http://anansicorner.blogspot.com/2016/07/advice-for-those-looking-to-apply-for.html

Advice to my Year 12 students on how to spend your summer :smile:
on the first page of this thread the AQA papers for Psychology are not on there?
Reply 594
Omg feeling nervous now
Original post by Ordo
Omg feeling nervous now

As if it's in 40 days:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it me or does time seem to be going a lot faster this year as opposed to last year, for the run up to results day?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Is it me or does time seem to be going a lot faster this year as opposed to last year, for the run up to results day?

It seems that way this year:s-smilie:
Original post by ozmo19
It seems that way this year:s-smilie:

Scary times, scary times. These are the ones which matter most as well. :s-smilie:
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Scary times, scary times. These are the ones which matter most as well. :s-smilie:

I'm only AS so it's not too bad for me.. but for you on the other hand:s-smilie: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest