The Student Room Group

Organised marches for dead Dallas police officers?

5 police officers gunned down in the line of duty and no one has thought to organise a peaceful march to remember them and at least attempt to prevent this from ever happening again?

Also, there has been no word that this was a racially motivated attack from mainstream media. The gunman admitted he was targeting whites - notably white officers. Only alternative media have touched on this point.

There was a BLM march in London yesterday and they didn't even bother mentioning the dead officers either?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not many seem to care.

Spoiler

Original post by The Roast
5 police officers gunned down in the line of duty and no one has thought to organise a peaceful march to remember them and at least attempt to prevent this from ever happening again?

Also, there has been no word that this was a racially motivated attack from mainstream media. The gunman admitted he was targeting whites - notably white officers. Only alternative media have touched on this point.

There was a BLM march in London yesterday and they didn't even bother mentioning the dead officers either?

Cops knew that policing was a dangerous job when they got into it, combined with the fact that cops shot two non-threatening black men two days prior to it I doubt there is a lot of public appetite for sympathy

The BBC and The Guardian are alternative media?
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
The BBC and The Guardian are alternative media?

Has the Guardian called it a racist attack?
Reply 5
We don't know what happened to those black men other than they were shot dead. I'm not saying they were unlawfully killed, because that's a real possibility, but I think we should wait for the investigation to end.
Has the Guardian called it a racist attack?

I'm not entirely sure what you were watching when the attack was unfolding but once the gunman's comments about targeting white police officers was announced, that's practically all they were talking about...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/dallas-police-shooting-gunman-kill-white-officers

You just really desperately want to believe that your views are being censored, don't you?
We don't know what happened to those black men other than they were shot dead. I'm not saying they were unlawfully killed, because that's a real possibility, but I think we should wait for the investigation to end.

Have you actually watched the video of Castile? He was reaching for his ID because the officer told him too, there was no need whatsoever to put 4 bullets into his ribs, in front of his girlfriend and daughter, no less. Knocked me sick
Reply 8
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm not entirely sure what you were watching when the attack was unfolding but once the gunman's comments about targeting white police officers was announced, that's practically all they were talking about...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/08/dallas-police-shooting-gunman-kill-white-officers

You just really desperately want to believe that your views are being censored, don't you?

I only flicked through the guardian article, and not once did I see the word "racist".
Reply 9
And could this be used in a court of law to convict the officer?
I only flicked through the guardian article, and not once did I see the word "racist".

What part of "Dallas shooting suspect stated he wanted to kill white officers" is ambiguous to you?
I haven't seen the media using the term "hate crime" once on this subject, despite it being an extremely common suggestion whenever there's a notable white on black killing

Is it possible for white people to be a victim of hate crime?
And could this be used in a court of law to convict the officer?

Yes considering it recorded the cold blooded murder of a black man following cop instructions to reach for his ID which got executed.

Again, have you watched the video?
I dont't understand why 'they knew it was a dangerous job' makes it okay that a group of them have just been murdered.

As for your second point, you're no better than the people that try to blame all Muslims whenever there's a terrorist attack.
Original post by JordanL_
I dont't understand why 'they knew it was a dangerous job' makes it okay that a group of them have just been murdered.

As for your second point, you're no better than the people that try to blame all Muslims whenever there's a terrorist attack.

It doesn't, but when will cops in America learn that unfairly targeting black people despite statistically white people are more likely to commit crime and killing non-threatening black individuals (like the homeless man that got brutally murdered by cops for no real reason) is not okay? It's stupid not to expect a backlash of some description. The depth of institutionalised racism in the US is disgusting.

People do the killing but in this case, as in the case of Islam, it's the ideology that drives the actions.
What?
Original post by Playmaker#10
What?

It's not news to you that more white people commit crime in the USA than black people, is it?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf
A white person in the US is not more likely to commit a crime than a black... Of course white people do more crimes overall as there are way more white people!

Concerning your other long-ass post you sent me the other day, put simple, I agree with you in many spheres of life black people in the US do suffer but police brutality is not one that they suffer more than other races.
Original post by TorpidPhil
A white person in the US is not more likely to commit a crime than a black... Of course white people do more crimes overall as there are way more white people!

Concerning your other long-ass post you sent me the other day, put simple, I agree with you in many spheres of life black people in the US do suffer but police brutality is not one that they suffer more than other races.

Hi TorpidPhil, I see you 'forgot' to respond to the long list of statistic I provided to you on the other thread

Actually, yes, whilst it's true that overall white people commit more crime because there are more white people, but even accounting for that white people were arrested more often for violent crimes than other races, so the presumption that all black people are dangerous as so often abounds in the USA collective culture is baseless
Reply 19
Yeah, because you know what it's like to be a police officer in America :rolleyes:. Blacks commit a lot more crime than white people per capita and especially violent crime, how are police "unfairly targeting black people"? exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending