The Student Room Group

Private Schools

How could I get a scholarship to go to malgdalen college school for 6th form?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by theBranicAc

how do you want to go to one of the best collages in London whilst not even using your own logic check their website and it will be detailed on their page as I have already checked
Reply 2
Original post by chris2791
how do you want to go to one of the best collages in London whilst not even using your own logic check their website and it will be detailed on their page as I have already checked

so could you tell me then?
Reply 3

Firstly it's Magdalen.
Secondly you sit the entrance exam and pray you do well, they dont hand them out to any old person.

Original post by chris2791

It's in Oxford...
Reply 4
You can't Magdalen doesn't give full scholarships. You only get £300 reduction from the overall fees, although you could try for a scholarship.

I had three interviews for sixth form in November. The minimum entry requirement for all applicants is 6A*s
Reply 5
Original post by BULL14
You can't Magdalen doesn't give full scholarships. You only get £300 reduction from the overall fees, although you could try for a bursary.

I had three interviews for sixth form in November. The minimum entry requirement for all applicants is 6A*s

It is a fantastic school, but at the same time very demanding:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by BULL14
You can't Magdalen doesn't give full scholarships. You only get £300 reduction from the overall fees, although you could try for a scholarship.

i reckon i an get more than 6A*s, how were the interveiws was it hard and how come you didnt go magdalen since you got offered to go there
Reply 7
i reckon i an get more than 6A*s, how were the interveiws was it hard and how come you didnt go magdalen since you got offered to go there

The interviews were fun. I personally had a biochemistry one, two general ones -focusing on your future careers paths/unis and extra-curriculars. However, the verbal reasoning was damn difficult; very difficult. To answer your question I am currently in yr11 - just finished GCSEs. What year are you in? Do you go to school in Oxford?
Reply 8
Original post by BULL14
The interviews were fun. I personally had a biochemistry one, two general ones -focusing on your future careers paths/unis and extra-curriculars. However, the verbal reasoning was damn difficult; very difficult. To answer your question I am currently in yr11 - just finished GCSEs. What year are you in? Do you go to school in Oxford?

im in year 10 and yes I do. So will you be going to madlegen college then?

You mean Magdalen? Unless you're an intellectual genius you can't. Alternatively the best way is to go through the musical instrument scholarship, but you could always MCS in Brackley if Oxford's attempt fails.
Reply 10
im in year 10 and yes I do. So will you be going to madlegen college then?

No, because I also currently attend a very good school in oxford. Are you already in the private sector?Also what year?
Original post by BULL14
No, because I also currently attend a very good school in oxford. Are you already in the private sector?Also what year?

but isn't magdeln a better school than the one you already go to? no im not and like i said im in year 10
Reply 12
but isn't magdeln a better school than the one you already go to? no im not and like i said im in year 10

No - it isn't
Original post by BULL14
No - it isn't

no? i assume you must got to a private school then>
Original post by JohnGreek
Work a lot, make sure you make it clear that you wanna go to Oxbridge, and hope for the best.

There are other Oxfordshire private schools that offer scholarships and are near Magdalen's level academically if you don't make it, most of which have application deadlines of November/December for the sixth form.

so would i just need to get as many A*'s as possible and then apply for the private schools?
Since the deadline for applying is in autumn of the year that you will be sitting GCSEs, you will only be able to provide predictions at most. If they make you an 'offer', that will be in the springtime before you sit your exams.

yes i know but for 6th form obviously
Reply 16
Work a lot, make sure you make it clear that you wanna go to Oxbridge, and hope for the best.

There are other Oxfordshire private schools that offer scholarships and are near Magdalen's level academically if you don't make it, most of which have application deadlines of November/December for the sixth form.

Do you attend MCS?

Quick Reply

Latest