The Student Room Group

Edinburgh university clearing

Hey, just wondering as an eu student, what are my chances of getting a clearing place at the uni of Edinburgh?
I have already had my exam results (French baccalaureate) and made my offer at my top choice with higher results than expected
Thanks !
Original post by emlequerec
Hey, just wondering as an eu student, what are my chances of getting a clearing place at the uni of Edinburgh?
I have already had my exam results (French baccalaureate) and made my offer at my top choice with higher results than expected
Thanks !

The process you want is Adjustment, not Clearing, and it opens on results day for five days. You will have to call Edinburgh directly and ask them, because no lists are published for Adjustment.
It's also worth noting that places for Scottish and eu students are strictly controlled by the Scottish government. Often Scottish universities will have places for other uk students or international fee payers but not for eu/Scottish applicants.

As far as I remember Edinburgh haven't had any places in clearing for Scottish/eu students for a number of years.
Original post by PQ
It's also worth noting that places for Scottish and eu students are strictly controlled by the Scottish government. Often Scottish universities will have places for other uk students or international fee payers but not for eu/Scottish applicants.

As far as I remember Edinburgh haven't had any places in clearing for Scottish/eu students for a number of years.

Do Edinburgh generally participate in Adjustment for Scottish/EU students?
Original post by ageshallnot
Do Edinburgh generally participate in Adjustment for Scottish/EU students?

Not that I know of.

It might be worth a phone call but with the university funding for Scottish/eu students there's generally very little on offer in Scotland as a whole. The most competitive universities don't usually look to recruit.

Especially when you consider that Scottish universities start earlier in the year than English/Welsh/NI universities and that adjustment doesn't kick off until 18 August. Less than a month between adjustment and welcome week: http://www.ed.ac.uk/semester-dates/201617
(edited 7 years ago)
My experience of Edinburgh through my tutees has been that it is really quite difficult (and very unpredictable) to get an offer in the first place, but that the offers tend to be very achievable once you have them, and therefore there is little going in Clearing for the most part. But that is merely anecdotal observation on a small sample.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending