The Student Room Group

What film should I watch?

Poll

Which film is your favourite?

Of these films, which is your favourite?

- The Hateful Eight
- Inglourious Bastards
- Natural Born Killers
- True Romance
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill (I)

(To clarify, I intend to watch all of these. I just want help in selecting which to watch first).
(edited 7 years ago)
True Romance sounds fun :colone:
Original post by Platopus

- The Hateful Eight
- Inglourious Bastards
- Natural Born Killers
- True Romance
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill (I)

(To clarify, I intend to watch all of these. I just want help in selecting which to watch first).

You must Watch the Hat8ful Eight first because it is hillarious, I laughed all the way through it and it cheers me up everytime i watch it. The woman in it is so funny
There's a lot of rascist comments in it, I don't know how they got away with it but that made it even funnier. But you have to have a good sense of humour to watch it
I have seen it 8 times and i laugh every time i watch it.
It's a brilliant, genius film
Also i liked kill Bill 2 better than 1
Also watch A Million Ways To Die In The West, that is very funny too
and Whiplash
and Project X
and I'm sure everyone must have seen Kick Ass 1 and 2
Those are all some of my favourite films

- The Hateful Eight
- Inglourious Bastards
- Natural Born Killers
- True Romance
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill (I)

Also watch a film called Ghost, some parts of it are funny too
I would say take a break from Tarantino for a bit so you can appreciate the rest of your list. Probably go for Natural Born Killers as it's the most different from his films but still very good.

- The Hateful Eight
- Inglourious Bastards
- Natural Born Killers
- True Romance
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill (I)

Guardians Of The Galaxy
Jack Reacher
Risky Business
All The Right Moves
Tropic Thunder
The Breakfast Club
Tootsie
As Good As It Gets
Rancid
Kung Fu Hustle
Planet Terror
American Psycho
Childs Play
Salem's Lot

I could go on but you would not have time to watch them all
I enjoyed watching all these films
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
True Romance sounds fun :colone:

Original post by Judge Judy
You must Watch the Hat8ful Eight first because it is hillarious, I laughed all the way through it and it cheers me up everytime i watch it. The woman in it is so funny
There's a lot of rascist comments in it, I don't know how they got away with it but that made it even funnier. But you have to have a good sense of humour to watch it
I have seen it 8 times and i laugh every time i watch it.
It's a brilliant, genius film
Also i liked kill Bill 2 better than 1
Also watch A Million Ways To Die In The West, that is very funny too
and Whiplash
and Project X
and I'm sure everyone must have seen Kick Ass 1 and 2
Those are all some of my favourite films

Also watch a film called Ghost, some parts of it are funny too

Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
I would say take a break from Tarantino for a bit so you can appreciate the rest of your list. Probably go for Natural Born Killers as it's the most different from his films but still very good.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Ahh unfortunately I still don't know which to watch though, they all look good!
I've only seen The Hateful Eight. Its good :smile:
Thing with Kill Bill is if you see the first, you should probably watch the second soon after, since they're meant to be two parts of one film. Prepare to lose 4 and a half hours in the best possible way.
Reply 9
Original post by saraxh
I've only seen The Hateful Eight. Its good :smile:

Original post by SandyGreen
Thing with Kill Bill is if you see the first, you should probably watch the second soon after, since they're meant to be two parts of one film. Prepare to lose 4 and a half hours in the best possible way.

Thanks! Oh dear, so many good films and so little time! Just watched True Romance and it was brilliant. Definitely now up there with my favourite movies of all time.

Is it true that the second Kill Bill isn't as good as the first?
Thanks! Oh dear, so many good films and so little time! Just watched True Romance and it was brilliant. Definitely now up there with my favourite movies of all time.

Is it true that the second Kill Bill isn't as good as the first?

Depends on the viewer. Both are great films, but in slightly different ways: first was basically all about the cool factor of the fights, the second had a lot more plot and general character development (plus some awesome fights, obviously). Only way to know which you prefer is to watch. :smile: You can probably guess what I voted for btw.
Reply 11
Original post by SandyGreen
Depends on the viewer. Both are great films, but in slightly different ways: first was basically all about the cool factor of the fights, the second had a lot more plot and general character development (plus some awesome fights, obviously). Only way to know which you prefer is to watch. :smile: You can probably guess what I voted for btw.

Thank you. They both sound good and I never like to leave a series incomplete so I'll definitely watch both :smile:

- The Hateful Eight
- Inglourious Bastards
- Natural Born Killers
- True Romance
- Jackie Brown
- Kill Bill (I)

Jackie Brown followed by Natural.

Kill Bill and Inglourius were a bit disappointing for me. If you're planning on a Tarantino marathon, watch Death Proof last or not at all because it stinks, lol.
Reply 13
Original post by noggins
Jackie Brown followed by Natural.

Kill Bill and Inglourius were a bit disappointing for me. If you're planning on a Tarantino marathon, watch Death Proof last or not at all because it stinks, lol.

Not seen Jackie a Brown yet! I did watch Natural Born Killers and must say I was disappointed with it. I haven't even heard of Death Proof. I liked Kill Bill 2 but found Kill Bill 1 a bit boring as it was all fighting and very little plot.

I would rate the Tarantino films that I have seen as follows (best first):

1. True Romance
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Kill Bill 2
5. Kill Bill 1
6. Natural Born Killers
6. Natural Born Killers

I hope you realize this isn't exactly a Tarantino movie. As ultimate credit goes to the director, NBK belongs to Oliver Stone. While Stone is a legend in his own right, I think his forte is biopics and real-life adaptations. He's the king there.
Perhaps if some 'geniuses' would have let Tarantino direct his own story then NBK would have featured higher than number 6 on your list
Reply 15
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
I hope you realize this isn't exactly a Tarantino movie. As ultimate credit goes to the director, NBK belongs to Oliver Stone. While Stone is a legend in his own right, I think his forte is biopics and real-life adaptations. He's the king there.
Perhaps if some 'geniuses' would have let Tarantino direct his own story then NBK would have featured higher than number 6 on your list

Yes, I did realise this and I attribute its comparative low quality to that fact!
Not seen Jackie a Brown yet! I did watch Natural Born Killers and must say I was disappointed with it. I haven't even heard of Death Proof. I liked Kill Bill 2 but found Kill Bill 1 a bit boring as it was all fighting and very little plot.

1. True Romance
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Kill Bill 2
5. Kill Bill 1
6. Natural Born Killers

Watch Planet Terror, Tarantino also stars in it and Bruce Willis is in it but only for a short time and Fergie the singer has a small part in it where her car breaks down, then there is the Asian man from that old series called Lost. There are so many famous people in it. It's a genious film and so is the hateful eight
Also The Hateful Eight has the highest score on here but you chose not to watch it but it' the best film out of all the ones on the list apart from Kill Bill 2
and Channing Tatum is in it but he has a very small part. I like him, he's a very good actor

1. True Romance
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Kill Bill 2
5. Kill Bill 1
6. Natural Born Killers

Also have you seen From Dusk Til Dawn? Tarantino stars in that too with George Clooney
That's a brilliant film too with a surprise ending
Reply 18
Watch Planet Terror, Tarantino also stars in it and Bruce Willis is in it but only for a short time and Fergie the singer has a small part in it where her car breaks down, then there is the Asian man from that old series called Lost. There are so many famous people in it. It's a genious film and so is the hateful eight
Also The Hateful Eight has the highest score on here but you chose not to watch it but it' the best film out of all the ones on the list apart from Kill Bill 2
and Channing Tatum is in it but he has a very small part. I like him, he's a very good actor

Thanks for the recommendations! I love Channing Tatum... Nothing to do with how hot he is :wink: I do plan to ultimately watch all of these films haha it's a long summer.

Also have you seen From Dusk Til Dawn? Tarantino stars in that too with George Clooney
That's a brilliant film too with a surprise ending

Not seen that! Will add it to my list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending