The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol. I was disheartened for a while there to be honest, but now I'm beyond that. Hoping for very little, and expecting nothing. :-) Although I did read on here about someone scoring 544 and being offered a position somewhere, so not quite sure how the merit thing works in situations like that. Lol. You have a heart like a lion going through a session of nonsense like that three times...I commend you on your bravery and temperament. :-) Once will have been enough for me. Lol. :-)
It would be good for the people on this thread who has already started their roles to give some feedback to the people who are still waiting to start. Such as daily routine/matching up to expectations etc.*

I've offered some advice as a CTHO, but the course I did was completely different to what new recruits have to do now.*
Finally a start date - 22nd August 2016, Machester, Band O
Original post by lawgrad13
Finally a start date - 22nd August 2016, Machester, Band O

Maybe we'll be working together :smile:
Got an email today - I start 22nd August in Belfast in E&C. What's E&C?
Original post by hellojo
Got an email today - I start 22nd August in Belfast in E&C. What's E&C?

well done! :smile: enforcement and compliance.. Good line of business I think!*
Original post by rebecca_:)
well done! :smile: enforcement and compliance.. Good line of business I think!*

ooh interesting :smile: can't wait to start.*
Original post by hellojo
ooh interesting :smile: can't wait to start.*

You'll be working within a department within E&C such as MSB, LB or ISBC.*
What do those actually stand for?
Original post by Mega0448
You'll be working within a department within E&C such as MSB, LB or ISBC.*

Large Business isn't in Enforcement & Compliance, it's under Business Tax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gavin_1980
Large Business isn't in Enforcement & Compliance, it's under Business Tax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you are correct, my apologies.*

From what I've seen at work the majority of the new recruits are going into MSB. Still a new department so I'm guessing they are staffing up... Just means that everyone is a trainee with a serious lack of experienced staff.**
Anyone happen to know what sort of dress code HMRC have? I know some civil service depts are very casual.*
Original post by hellojo
Anyone happen to know what sort of dress code HMRC have? I know some civil service depts are very casual.*

Pretty casual in the office and smart if attending customer meetings. Play it safe and dress smart on your first day and see what everyone else in the office wears.*
Reply 633
so this week marks week 10 since i received my provisional offer .... i'm not very hopeful of hearing anything though
Didn't receive an email but my jobs portal is now showing as formal offer for Leeds. Still no word on a start date though.
Reply 635
Original post by pukahontas
Didn't receive an email but my jobs portal is now showing as formal offer for Leeds. Still no word on a start date though.

The portal updated before I received an email confirming the start date. Although it was the same day. It was the email that confirmed my start date.
Reply 636
See now, my portal still hasn't updated to formal offer, but I got my offer last Wednesday!!!
Reply 637
Original post by Sljca
See now, my portal still hasn't updated to formal offer, but I got my offer last Wednesday!!!

I think I had to accept the formal offer within 3 days on the portal by clicking next and following that link. But you won't be able to do that if you're not at formal offer stage on the portal?
Reply 638
Original post by Hayho
I think I had to accept the formal offer within 3 days on the portal by clicking next and following that link. But you won't be able to do that if you're not at formal offer stage on the portal?

In my offer email, it said I had to email with accept in the subject line, so I did!!
Reply 639
Just wondering what email address people have been using to chase any progress on a start date

Latest

Trending

Trending