The Student Room Group

What can I study before getting to university? (Civil Engineering)

So I already applied to few universities in the UK and I would like to know if there are any books that I could study before getting into university because I'm really excited and I would like to get a bit of early insight about Civil Engineering. Any beginner books for example about fluid mechanics or something like that I would be very thankful :smile:
Original post by mo7md2022
So I already applied to few universities in the UK and I would like to know if there are any books that I could study before getting into university because I'm really excited and I would like to get a bit of early insight about Civil Engineering. Any beginner books for example about fluid mechanics or something like that I would be very thankful :smile:

Check out your university's reading list to see what books are recommended for the early part of the course.

Although if it's primarily an insight into civil engineering then there are plenty of interesting Youtube videos that might also be worth a look. I like the Practical Engineering channel; its content comes from a practising professional civil engineer.
Reply 2
Also follow @RomaTheEngineer on Twitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest