The Student Room Group

He didn't go ahead and sleep with me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I doubt... I rarely use this. Still who do you think I am? Plus how is it distinct? Words are words.*

the * that keeps popping up :tongue:

dead give away
Original post by Cinamon Biscuit
the * that keeps popping up :tongue:

dead give away

I think that's some general glitch? Going by some other responses on here, it seems to happen to others too because I haven't been randomly adding asterisks. (Read the second post)*
I think that's some general glitch? Going by some other responses on here, it seems to happen to others too because I haven't been randomly adding asterisks. (Read the second post)*

ok L88
These asterisks are everywhere, it's driving me crazy***
Okay, actually getting on topic now...

Look, the short of it is this; you're either ready or you're not. He's either ready, or he's not. Clearly not ready because whilst partially inside you he decided it wasn't the time. Congratulations, you've found someone who genuinely cares about you and how you feel to the point where at the crux of getting a lay he bails. :smile:

Take it slow and steady; mind-blowing sex with this man will happen when you're both relaxed about the idea. Don't overthink what happened, go with the flow.
Definite homo.
Thanks for your response, seriously! There's not been many addressing any of the issues so genuinely thanks, I appreciate it.

*I have been feeling a little weird and didn't want to romanticise what happened in any way because then it's a downward spiral (getting more attached etc) but it helps that u agree that he does care or that I'm more than just a lay. I guess that is where it does get confusing... But hmm, maybe that's more a time will tell kind of thing.*

I don't know if you saw my other post on this thread about creating some distance. Wondering if you had any thoughts on that? I just don't want it to be a too much, too soon and then nothing kind of jig.

*We will see each other tomorrow for the first time since and a small part of me is anxious about it. *Because although it was a rejection for a good reason, I think (and not like eww not having sex with u lol), it's still a bit like I gave myself to him and he was like nah. So a little bit embarrassing if nothing else on that front. :/*
Original post by Serine Soul
These asterisks are everywhere, it's driving me crazy***

tell me about it. Anyone know why these are happening? Lol it's all anyone can focus on, it seems!!
He sounds proppa beta.
Original post by Radmanistan
Definite homo.

Original post by Danny the Geezer
He sounds proppa beta.

lol here come the funny guys...

Sure he didn't bang you cos you're butterz?
Sure he didn't bang you cos you're butterz?

can't be 100% bcz I can't read minds but he has been pursuing for now 2 months thereabouts and was rock hard and he seemed to really like what he saw so on that basis, I don't think so.*

You're so charming btw. *

I can relate to this... Although my story has nothing on yours lmao. The dude just distanced himself afterwards and I had to confront him. He said he didn't think it was fair on me since he just wanted something casual, he didn't want me to get hurt in the end. He didn't want to push things further.
Reply 33
Let me see if i read that right;
you both went to a friends house --> he drove you home --> started up some hank panky in the car --> he refused to jack hammer you --> you're not particularly amused?
Thanks for your response, seriously! There's not been many addressing any of the issues so genuinely thanks, I appreciate it.

*I have been feeling a little weird and didn't want to romanticise what happened in any way because then it's a downward spiral (getting more attached etc) but it helps that u agree that he does care or that I'm more than just a lay. I guess that is where it does get confusing... But hmm, maybe that's more a time will tell kind of thing.*

I don't know if you saw my other post on this thread about creating some distance. Wondering if you had any thoughts on that? I just don't want it to be a too much, too soon and then nothing kind of jig.

*We will see each other tomorrow for the first time since and a small part of me is anxious about it. *Because although it was a rejection for a good reason, I think (and not like eww not having sex with u lol), it's still a bit like I gave myself to him and he was like nah. So a little bit embarrassing if nothing else on that front. :/*

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Going with the flow is the best option here. Instead of thinking about the what if's, just think of the now.

Let's put it this way; regardless of if he's playing you or not, you're not going to find out until right at the end. So enjoy the moment, and what will happen will happen, for better or worse.

I didn't see the other thread, but if you want to PM me a quick summary then feel free to do so. It'll be less of a distraction from posting here anyway.

He sounds proppa beta.

What's beta about being in tune with a woman's conflicting emotions? It shows understanding and respect.

What do you want us to say? He's acting like your daddy and not in the best way.

He told you that you are not ready for sex, in his mind by having sex with you he is devaluing you as a person, it's childish and backward.
Reply 36
I would give yourself some distance to think about everything. :smile:
Original post by phunky_fresh
I can relate to this... Although my story has nothing on yours lmao. The dude just distanced himself afterwards and I had to confront him. He said he didn't think it was fair on me since he just wanted something casual, he didn't want me to get hurt in the end. He didn't want to push things further.

I was dealing with it fine until we had that night out together alone (referenced in the thread I linked). Since then the pull has been stronger where he seems to go out of his way for me. Like he used to always leave office bang on time whereas I'd leave like 5 mins later and he now hangs back and then waits outside till I come out.*

I don't really acknowledge him at work because I'm paranoid about others clocking and he told me off (playfully) for it saying I should drop by his desk, talk to him etc *

*Last week he was having a bad day at work and asked me to join him after for a quick drink and said I made his whole day better just by spending those 45 odd mins with him.*

Before we would go to places separately so to be discreet near places around work but then this week he invited me out for lunch and we walked about a mile away from where we work and he couldn't stay away from holding my hand even though I ushered him off saying someone from work is bound to see. But every few mins his hand would find itself interlocked with mine.*

On top of all that, there's this look he gives me when I am mid sentence like it looks like just this intense look of affection. I've told him not to look at me like that and he just says he can't help it. My ex used to give me that look when he found me "adorable" like a "I can't believe u actually exist but I'm so glad u do" look. And lately there's random hugs/squeezes that follow this look.*
Until all this happened I was fine with a small flirt in the office and a random kiss here and there :frown: is it supposed to be so confusing? And I'm scared there's all this build up and was convincing myself it's just the extent some people go to for sex but now obv recent events have thrown me and I want to distance myself but it kind of makes me want him/like him more.*
Original post by Radmanistan
What do you want us to say? He's acting like your daddy and not in the best way.

He told you that you are not ready for sex, in his mind by having sex with you he is devaluing you as a person, it's childish and backward.

I don't think it's that. We are both quite similar or so it seems and it's this fear that our dynamic will change. We have expressed it many times explicitly and implicitly and I think i hesitated a little too.*

I'm not looking for you to doctor any responses. Just sometimes writing things down and getting some outside input helps gain a little perspective. Also therapeutic just to get it out there, that's all.*

Ps: I did genuinely find ur response funny :smile: my lols are always genuine. I don't give them away like all the lol whores.*
thanks, I needed to hear that. Funnily enough it was the approach I had taken so far (to just go with it). But perhaps with all the little affectionate happenings over the last two weeks + the events of Friday being so intense and having a lot of time this weekend to think about things, everything has gotten mixed up in my head.*

I think I wanted something really black or white but that was never going to happen and I just need to adjust to the idea of "grey".*

Thanks for your input again :smile: *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending