The Student Room Group

Are you psychopathic?

Scroll to see replies

Nah, not a psychopath
Reply 41
Original post by Blue_Mason
I think I might suffer from that, because i wouldn't class myself as a psychopath nor am I a sociopath

I don't see how one of those things follows from the other..
I think I might suffer from that, because i wouldn't class myself as a psychopath nor am I a sociopath

What people refer to as psychopathy and sociopathy is Anti-Social Personality Disorder. ASPD and BPD are cluster B PDs along with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Histrionic Personality Disorder. The cluster is often referred to as 'Emotional' or 'Dramatic' PDs.
9 lol
Original post by Platopus
Nah, not a psychopath

Indeed you are a platopath
Indeed you are a platopath

Lol good one
Whatever helps you sleep at night... :h:
I feel like some of these need a "sometimes" option, e.g "I lie to make things go smoother" is something I only do to my teachers in an attempt to avoid the consequences of my own incompetence, so idk whether "true" is good as it seems to imply I'll lie to anybody, which I won't necessarily.

I got 12.
Original post by Ciel.
28. Thank god! 2 more and I'd be a 'psychopath'.

:colonhash:

Original post by LDS16
Obviously, this test won't determine whether you're a psychopath or not... but it may give you a good idea :colone:

Take the test and find out-
http://vistriai.com/psychopathtest/

According to Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, a score of 25 or above is used as a cut-off to diagnose psychopathy in UK.

It's a really dumb test though.
Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry.
14 lol I thought I'd be higher
That's a fair point actually.

I studied this last year in uni so my memory is a bit vague but I think the research is more and more pointing to two different types of psychopaths. One is more bilogical, with severe deficits in areas of the brain associated with decision making and empathy. Whereas the other appears more socially derived.
I can't really remember much specifics on their behavioural differences, except that whilst those with the more social type are more likely to behave aggressively due to anger. As in they are more likely to lash out because someone angered them. Wheras the biological type are often said to have a complete lack of emotions, not just for when others are concerned, but for themselves too. So any aggression is purely instrumental, and deliberate as opposed to reactive.

I know briefly of a theory about successful vs unsuccessful paychopaths. It was only briefly touched upon when I studied it and my lecturer didn't seem to buy into it much, but I just had a Google and there seems to be quite a bit on it. It seems as if the biological type is more associated with less successful psychopaths. So maybe the business men types like you said are the other type.

Sorry for rambling :colondollar:
Reply 54
Original post by TheReader
According to Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, a score of 25 or above is used as a cut-off to diagnose psychopathy in UK.

Nah, I'm way too nice for that. #thesupremegentleman

Same thing.
Reply 56
33... oopsy.
Original post by Ciel.
Nah, I'm way too nice for that. #thesupremegentleman

I don't doubt that. That test is flawed anyway. :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by TheReader
I don't doubt that. That test is flawed anyway. :tongue:

Soo true. Most psychological tests are.
Original post by Napp