The Student Room Group

She cheated on me with my best friend?

The title really says it all really. I just feel so hurt and betrayed right now that they were seeing each other behind my back. In all my relationships I've been cheated on and it just really hurts.
Both she and my best friend revealed it in front of all our friends and I left angrily. The annoying is that we are all at uni doing the same course, and me and her met as a group of mutual friends like this before we started seeing each other so now I feel like I have no friends to turn to either. They're all backing those two too so I just feel betrayed by everyone. Luckily it's the holidays right now but I don't know what I'll do when I get back. I obviously need to find a new group of friends but it just seems so difficult right now.

At the same time, they're all trying to text me and make it out as though it's my fault. They all say I'm being unjust for being angry at them and it's really pissing me off. Then at other times they keep coming back to ask how I am (including my best friend) and I don't get why. It's like they're toyying with my feelings.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. I just feel absolutely alone now. I've tried going out yesterday, doing stuff I enjoy but it's always on the back of my mind and j just feel like going home to sleep. But then I can't sleep and just constantly feel like vomiting. I've not been eating either because my appetite is all messed up.
How can I move on? I'm thinking that to get rid of my anger, I have to somehow forgive them. But that's not easy.
Original post by Anonymous
The title really says it all really. I just feel so hurt and betrayed right now that they were seeing each other behind my back. In all my relationships I've been cheated on and it just really hurts.
Both she and my best friend revealed it in front of all our friends and I left angrily. The annoying is that we are all at uni doing the same course, and me and her met as a group of mutual friends like this before we started seeing each other so now I feel like I have no friends to turn to either. They're all backing those two too so I just feel betrayed by everyone. Luckily it's the holidays right now but I don't know what I'll do when I get back. I obviously need to find a new group of friends but it just seems so difficult right now.

At the same time, they're all trying to text me and make it out as though it's my fault. They all say I'm being unjust for being angry at them and it's really pissing me off. Then at other times they keep coming back to ask how I am (including my best friend) and I don't get why. It's like they're toyying with my feelings.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. I just feel absolutely alone now. I've tried going out yesterday, doing stuff I enjoy but it's always on the back of my mind and j just feel like going home to sleep. But then I can't sleep and just constantly feel like vomiting. I've not been eating either because my appetite is all messed up.
How can I move on? I'm thinking that to get rid of my anger, I have to somehow forgive them. But that's not easy.

DO NOT FORGIVE THEM THEY'RE CNUTS, Ignore them, try and move into a different house/halls of residents by contacting the UNI. DO NOT FORGIVE THEM, THAT'S NEVER OKAY, and since they're all backing them, DO NOT BE A CUCK. Fcuk them off and move on with your life, you have every right to be angry and to never want anything to do with them either!
Their relationship was born in spite and malice. Just find someone else and focus on yourself.
Reply 3

They support them cheating & betraying you, they have no morals & would think they cheat too on partners as they see no wrong in your situation

I'd blank them all, how and why would you forgive the betrayers? I would cut them out as I never feel I need such people in my life as I'd never condone such behavior if it happened to mate of mine.

Focus on YOU and what matters to you, erase them from sight & memory (easy for me, not others I suppose) find a nice guy who'll love you. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What selfish, inconsiderate and horrible people they must be. Try and find a new group of friends who will treat you with respect.
Reply 5
don't starve yourself for someone who doesn't give a sh** about you
in order to move on, just have the mindset of "they aren't worth my time or life for me to think about them anymore"
prove to them that they can't destroy you with something like this and that you're much stronger than that
and then move on...I dunno if this will work, I've never been in a relationship before lol, but it's worth a try...I guess...(?)
get friends that are worth your trust
AND NEVER TRUST SOMEONE EASILY
that's the one thing you should NEVER do, because trust me, they will BREAK you
try to be closed off but don't make it obvious, once you see that you can trust them, then trust them
I dont even know what I'm doing rn, but hope this helps lol
ditch those sensless ba*stards. Don't worry I'll be your friend:console:

Spoiler

The most important thing to do is forgive them. It may seem ridiculous but the only way you will be able to let go off them (it would be ridiculous if you became freinds with them again) is to forgive them. When you do that eventually your animosity towards them will go and you will be able to fully move on from them.
Original post by BChemGee
The most important thing to do is forgive them. It may seem ridiculous but the only way you will be able to let go off them (it would be ridiculous if you became freinds with them again) is to forgive them. When you do that eventually your animosity towards them will go and you will be able to fully move on from them.

Tbh if it was me I'd be very tempted to batter them both. He should never forgive them. That's unforgivable.
Reply 9
Thank you everyone. It's been another crappy day if i'm honest but i'll get there slowly i guess! Not talking to any of them no matter how much they message me
Reply 10
What reason are your friends giving to suggest it was your fault? Was your relationship with your girlfriend toxic?
I don't mean to sound against you, but I can't imagine why your 'friends' would back a cheater over you? It feels to me as if you're not telling us something.
Original post by Stk1010
What reason are your friends giving to suggest it was your fault? Was your relationship with your girlfriend toxic?
I don't mean to sound against you, but I can't imagine why your 'friends' would back a cheater over you? It feels to me as if you're not telling us something.

It's a completely fair question and I appreciate the honesty. I guess none of them really knew we were in a relationship until she dropped that bombshell on me (we liked to keep it quiet) so maybe they don't get the full story either. All these friends were friends with her before they met me so perhaps they have some sort of bias towards her. They've never seen me angry either so maybe that was a shock to them.

But I don't think I've done anything wrong. Sure we had our ups and downs but don't all relationships? *
Reply 12
It's a completely fair question and I appreciate the honesty. I guess none of them really knew we were in a relationship until she dropped that bombshell on me (we liked to keep it quiet) so maybe they don't get the full story either. All these friends were friends with her before they met me so perhaps they have some sort of bias towards her. They've never seen me angry either so maybe that was a shock to them.

But I don't think I've done anything wrong. Sure we had our ups and downs but don't all relationships? *

As a human being you should show some self respect to yourself.Dont talk to any of them again,they betrayed you in various ways.If theyre blaming you then they were clearly never your friends.It hurts now but with time itll hurt less and youll move on.When you go back to uni if they try talk to you blank them and just get on with your life.Show them that their deceit wont get to you and that youre better than them.Find a new group of friends and in the future youll find a girl who wont betray you.if this is the way they treated you they were never true friends.Youll find new friends,university is a big place.The way they treated you,they dont even deserve to be a memory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending