The Student Room Group

Where to meet slightly older guys?

Girls from experience where do you meet guys who are in their mid-late twenties? I'm at uni and most people are 21/22 or younger but i prefer slightly older guys who are a bit more mature and settled.

Guys feel free to chime in too if you have good ideas through experience from mates or such!

Scroll to see replies

Tinder.
strip clubs
Original post by abcde3237
Girls from experience where do you meet guys who are in their mid-late twenties? I'm at uni and most people are 21/22 or younger but i prefer slightly older guys who are a bit more mature and settled.

Guys feel free to chime in too if you have good ideas through experience from mates or such!

Why do you prefer older slightly older guys?
Reply 4
Original post by bloomblaze
Why do you prefer older slightly older guys?

for the reasons i stated in my op
Reply 5
Anyone with actual ideas?
Dating sites or as mentioned before :smile:
Tinder:wink:, but everyone has their own choices and people they like ,so I do not see what is wrong in that , and it's sweet how you think you think that because not everyone does.:wink::wink:
for the reasons i stated in my op

what do you mean by them being more 'settled'?

thanks
Reply 8
Original post by bloomblaze
what do you mean by them being more 'settled'?

thanks

established in their careers, stable job, wanting to get married start a family in the near future as opposed to in a decades time or more, more confident/assertive personalities, know themselves well
Reply 9
Craigslist.
established in their careers, stable job, wanting to get married start a family in the near future as opposed to in a decades time or more, more confident/assertive personalities, know themselves well

Through friends.
At a party.
Through work.
Through common interests.
Through volunteering.
Through dating apps and websites like Tinder or POF

Note: I'm 27 years old and speak from experience.
You might not find them bopping around like mad like the 18 year olds in a club but they would likely be in the pubs on a Saturday night and with it being less manic because there are no disco lights I think an older late twenties male would prefer you to catch his eye there so he can make eye contact and say hello in that environment.
Reply 12
Go to pubs where young professionals hang out rather than typical student haunts.
Reply 13
Original post by Zarek
Go to pubs where young professionals hang out rather than typical student haunts.

Is there any way to known which these are? Like are they near businesses or something, or in certain locations?
Is there any way to known which these are? Like are they near businesses or something, or in certain locations?

Wouldn't using dating websites be better than roaming the streets? :biggrin:
Reply 15
As a slightly older guy, I consider Tinder only good for ONSes with loose women, for low value guys. Why not ask your father to set you up? I'm sure he knows many well to do young men. :smile:
Grindr
Reply 17

I guess a location near a major employer might have some target venues. But any city centre location will have spots where the young trendies, newly enabled by a salary, hang out in style. You could also try a hobby that attracts your target group and personal interests.
Reply 18
Original post by Zarek
I guess a location near a major employer might have some target venues. But any city centre location will have spots where the young trendies, newly enabled by a salary, hang out in style. You could also try a hobby that attracts your target group and personal interests.

interesting, considering i live in a major city i imagine it'll be a task trying to find these places, thank though :0
interesting, considering i live in a major city i imagine it'll be a task trying to find these places, thank though :0

Going to the gym, you would find a red-blooded male, who is body confident, etc. etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending