The Student Room Group

Why is life so unfair?

Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.

Life's a b*tch
Reply 2
I mean we never really get anywhere. This world clearly isn't for us..Or is it?
Good people have good things happen to them. You may wish to elaborate.
Reply 4
What happens if the nice guys cant change their ways? What do we do? Are we stuffed? (I've remained anon because someone on TSR knows me and I don't want them to know about my problems)
Reply 5
You don't still believe that BS do you? Its like when people compliment fat people and tell them they're beautiful or they're not really fat when they're morbidly obese.
Reply 6
Help me. I cant fix myself. I cant do the tough guy/ nasty guy type. I get guilty and it feels unnatural but it seems the brutal heartless ones are the ones making a success of themselves..You know the types that abuse child labour and deny 'one night stand' kids access to love, wealth and financial stability. These are extremities but you get the picture. The a**hole types.
You don't still believe that BS do you? Its like when people compliment fat people and tell them they're beautiful or they're not really fat when they're morbidly obese.

Bad things happen to everyone. I agree that good people seem to have to go through more ****, but that's generally what helps them develop the character traits that make them good people in the first place.
Reply 8
I do. My life hasn't worked out as well as i'd hoped and my future seems bleak. I get abused a lot because of my soft, caring nature.
Reply 9
I've heard this my entire life and yet when I compare my life and life style with those of my friends who are a**holes to women and life..they're doing far better.
Natural Selection. Survival of the fittest. It's a dog eat dog world.
To survive in life you need to play your cards right... being strong won't be enough... you need brains... intellect, good looks, money, a good background and good connections. You need to go down the right paths, say the right things and play the right cards. But when everyone in life is trying to survive... everyone starts to push the weaker ones down... everyone who doesn't stand out gets pushed to the bottom of the pile.
"You can only try the best you can"
But what if your best is not good enough?
Then tough luck. Your going to the bottom of the pile.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've heard this my entire life and yet when I compare my life and life style with those of my friends who are a**holes to women and life..they're doing far better.

Oh trust me, I know the feeling, but then again do you really want the attention of women who chase muppets? Pretty much everything else can be achieved with dedication and perseverance.
Honestly though sometimes I just get so fed up and depressed. To top things of I have a religion which is highly conservative/ strict and doesn't allow any interaction with women. All of this is driving me mad. I don't know what to do. I'm sexually frustrated, angry and mad at the world and NO it isn't as simple as becoming an atheist.
Original post by cookie123456789
To survive in life you need to play your cards right... being strong won't be enough... you need brains... intellect, good looks, money, a good background and good connections. You need to go down the right paths, say the right things and play the right cards.

All of which I don't have, I have average/ below average hence my predicament.
Life is a ***** then you die I guess
This thread is truly interesting. I have asked myself this many a time as to why good things sometimes do not happen to good people. Why did God not do this for me etc?? But i believe that everything happens for a reason. Everybody is destined to go down a particular path in life. Trials and tribulations will come, rejections, heartbreak, misery and loss. But then these things make you human and strengthen you physically and spiritually. I know some will disagree with this but I just believe that everyone has to wait for their time. Your good times will come hopefully.

Haha this has inspired me to do a new blog post on why good things do not happen to good people. Feel free to check out my blog thus far and share it with anyone else who might be interested. Just looking to inspire and empower people really.
The website is philachange.wordpress.com
I did see your previous thread btw. I do feel for you. We're the same boat but perhaps for different things..HMS sinking. But honestly, all women are like that so I have nex to no choice. Being horrid to them seems to be the best policy but I just feel that's a false economy. I feel cheap and dirty the one time I did do that. it didn't feel like me.
I totally understand your frustration OP. I feel the same way. Life has been throwing me lemons a lot lately and I've been having more downs than ups but I guess all you can do is pull through it and look at the positives in life. I'm just one of those people that are way too nice and get taken advantage of my kindness all the time but I'm trying to fix that by being more firm and standing up for myself. Always here if you need to chat xx
I am a girl and many of my female friends and associates prefer nicer, kinder men. Especially with the increase in modern day feminism, the nicer men are more popular. Many women prefer men who are kind, gentle, caring etc.

Quick Reply

Latest