The Student Room Group

Why is life so unfair?

Scroll to see replies

The truth about life: You are born. You eat. You sleep. You consume. You work. You die.
Original post by Anonymous
I did see your previous thread btw. I do feel for you. We're the same boat but perhaps for different things..HMS sinking. But honestly, all women are like that so I have nex to no choice. Being horrid to them seems to be the best policy but I just feel that's a false economy. I feel cheap and dirty the one time I did do that. it didn't feel like me.

You mean my current thread or my dating thread?

Anyway, look, there's a lot of women out there and yes, many are fond of similar characteristics in men. I don't know what you're like but I highly recommend just being yourself and building on your confidence/self-esteem. I knew a woman once who was head-over-heels for a guy who literally chucked her down a flight of stairs in a fit of rage. If girls want to chase after men like that then that is THEIR problem, not yours. Focus on finding the diamond in the rough; I found one once, perhaps I'll find another, but lumping the opposite gender into one category isn't going to help.

I'm sure you're a nice chap, like me a little bitter because of *****y experiences. I'm not going to echo the same advice people give me because then that would be hypocritical. All I will say is that seeing things from a different perspective may ease the sense of despair you're feeling now.
that's life.
OP it's the same with females... seems like boys just want the badass popular females who are just *****y... boys don't seem to want the nice girls.
But then there are the right girls and the right boys out there who have some sense and will like the nice people in life.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vanessaxx98
This thread is truly interesting. I have asked myself this many a time as to why good things sometimes do not happen to good people. Why did God not do this for me etc?? But i believe that everything happens for a reason. Everybody is destined to go down a particular path in life. Trials and tribulations will come, rejections, heartbreak, misery and loss. But then these things make you human and strengthen you physically and spiritually. I know some will disagree with this but I just believe that everyone has to wait for their time. Your good times will come hopefully.

Haha this has inspired me to do a new blog post on why good things do not happen to good people. Feel free to check out my blog thus far and share it with anyone else who might be interested. Just looking to inspire and empower people really.
The website is philachange.wordpress.com

Well in that case god has an awful sense of humour. Being held back 2 years for A levels..becoming depressed and comfort eating - becoming fat (3 and half stone up in 2 years). Prior to that being used a girl who I thought I could trust..ended up messing me about and toying with someone else. These aren't strengthing me. They're making me feel weak, embarrassed, depressed and supressed. Now in my 4th year I don't think i';l make my A level grades to go to a uni ranked number 50..hardly anything special. I don't see any 'good times' coming my way.
I have isolated myself and deactivated FB and any social networking sites and changed phone numbers because I couldn't deal with the shame of failure. I literally stopped all contact with my best friends who I've known closely for 8-10 years and as super close through college. My life is getting worse and worse..to top things off being a muslim- I am hated on by everyone in my white majority area (we're liberal- not the ISOC conservative types found on so called internet forums).
My religious beliefs are driving me insane.. my hormones are driving me insane. I'm hugely sexually frustrated and I cant do anything about it. To top things off I know when the time comes to marry probs 30 at this rate..i'll be married to some ex-party girl type who will literally ruin my life..abuse me and blow all my cash. Hardly a life to look forward to.
Original post by cookie123456789
OP it's the same with females... seems like boys just want the badass popular females who are just *****y... boys don't seem to want the nice girls.
But then there are the right girls and the right boys out there who have some sense and will like the nice people in life.

This. :frown:
This world owes you nothing lol
Oh i'll tell you what I'm like. I'm the guy that wakes up at 5 AM so his mum doesn't have to walk to work. I'm the guy who helps his elderly neighbours as much as he can because their children are ungrateful and have left them to die. I'm the guy who loves his parents despite the abuse they give him. I'm the guy who works 5 days a week while at college so my parents don't have to suffer or support me.I'm that guy who will always be there to support people in rough times. I care about people and show as much love, generosity and affection that I can. I don't do these things for any gain..That's just who I am and who I've always been.
Well in that case god has an awful sense of humour. Being held back 2 years for A levels..becoming depressed and comfort eating - becoming fat (3 and half stone up in 2 years). Prior to that being used a girl who I thought I could trust..ended up messing me about and toying with someone else. These aren't strengthing me. They're making me feel weak, embarrassed, depressed and supressed. Now in my 4th year I don't think i';l make my A level grades to go to a uni ranked number 50..hardly anything special. I don't see any 'good times' coming my way.
I have isolated myself and deactivated FB and any social networking sites and changed phone numbers because I couldn't deal with the shame of failure. I literally stopped all contact with my best friends who I've known closely for 8-10 years and as super close through college. My life is getting worse and worse..to top things off being a muslim- I am hated on by everyone in my white majority area (we're liberal- not the ISOC conservative types found on so called internet forums).
My religious beliefs are driving me insane.. my hormones are driving me insane. I'm hugely sexually frustrated and I cant do anything about it. To top things off I know when the time comes to marry probs 30 at this rate..i'll be married to some ex-party girl type who will literally ruin my life..abuse me and blow all my cash. Hardly a life to look forward to.

Omg. I'm in the same position as you. I got involved in the wrong things because of my ex boyfriend and he was always distracting me. He was controlling and possessive of me and was emotionally and physically abusive towards me which made me utterly depressed because I was so hell bent on making him happy so in turn I failed all my exams and now I'm repeating a year in school. It is honestly so depressing because all my friends are off to university and I am still stuck in school trying to get my grades and I have no friends left anymore because they've all gone to university :frown:

Obviously I had to leave my ex boyfriend which was the hardest thing and scariest thing in the world for me to do but now that I have left him, even though it doesn't seem like much but my life has actually improved. I finally got a part time job, something my boyfriend wouldn't have let me do and I'm earning money and becoming more independant. I've got my friends and family back (i became isolated from everybody because of him and the fact that I'm Muslim also made things worse) and I've stopped doing bad things. And most importantly my exams actually feel like they went well. What I'm trying to say is just hang in there and things will improve and you will be glad things happened the way they happened. It all takes time. Honestly, just hang in there. I promise.

Just a PM away if you ever want a chat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cookie123456789

I have always gone for nice girls.

I think it's always been apparent that good people find it difficult to find love, often times.

Oh i'll tell you what I'm like. I'm the guy that wakes up at 5 AM so his mum doesn't have to walk to work. I'm the guy who helps his elderly neighbours as much as he can because their children are ungrateful and have left them to die. I'm the guy who loves his parents despite the abuse they give him. I'm the guy who works 5 days a week while at college so my parents don't have to suffer or support me.I'm that guy who will always be there to support people in rough times. I care about people and show as much love, generosity and affection that I can. I don't do these things for any gain..That's just who I am and who I've always been.

I applaud you for that, I really do, but tell me...what do you do for YOU?
I didn't ask it to give me a hand out. But I didn't expect it to **** me over so bad and so hard over and over again.
Reply 31
OP being a 'nice guy' just isnt enough in this world. So there are 2 paths you can take to what your idea of 'success' is. The first path is the short path down a well made road that'll lead you to a comfortable little pub with nice barstools and some quality beer. But after you've had your few pints, you realise you've got no money left, and nowhere to go and nowhere to stay. The first path is changing into a sh***y guy. Then there's the second path. The second path is a hike up a mountain, in terrible weather, but this path will lead you to heaven itself. This is the path of a great man.

Change yourself into a great man OP. Work out and get fit, lose all the fat. Fix up your diet while you're at it. Go out, go to clubs, go to pubs, meet up with some friends. Doesn't matter how superficial they are, you'll run into someone like yourself soon enough. And eventually you'll get a group of great people. Eventually you'll run into that great girl, and have a great life.

Just think about what happens to those bad guys. It's not a happy end for them. Their partner leaves them, or they get stuck in an unhappy marriage where they end up as deadbeat dads whose children detest them.

I know it can be depressing at times, there will be days when you just think 'Im a failure, there's no point in going on anymore'. Push through those days. Just keep pushing through, and at some point you will realise that you've become a great man.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Omg. I'm in the same position as you. I got involved in the wrong things because of my ex boyfriend and he was always distracting me. He was controlling and possessive of me and was emotionally and physically abusive towards me which made me utterly depressed because I was so hell bent on making him happy so in turn I failed all my exams and now I'm repeating a year in school. It is honestly so depressing because all my friends are off to university and I am still stuck in school trying to get my grades and I have no friends left anymore because they've all gone to university :frown:

Obviously I had to leave my ex boyfriend which was the hardest thing and scariest thing in the world for me to do but now that I have left him, even though it doesn't seem like much but my life has actually improved. I finally got a part time job, something my boyfriend wouldn't have let me do and I'm earning money and becoming more independant. I've got my friends and family back (i became isolated from everybody because of him and the fact that I'm Muslim also made things worse) and I've stopped doing bad things. And most importantly my exams actually feel like they went well. What I'm trying to say is just hang in there and things will improve and you will be glad things happened the way they happened. It all takes time. Honestly, just hang in there. I promise.

Just a PM away if you ever want a chat.

Rather uniquely we seem to have gone through similar experiences. ironically the girl that messed me about ended up going to Oxford. She used to be domineering, controlling, manipulative and tried to make me jealous and used to flirt outrageously. Prior to me she had been abused by her ex..so logic dictates she had to abuse me...lol..She also messed my friends about after me. Honestly though...I just feel you and I are doomed to be used and abused. I don't see an alternative. You'll probs end up marrying someone you didn't expect..i.e. a total promiscuous wild child who will control and dominate your life and me one who will marry me for money/ because she had no other choice and make me miserable. She'll probs the promiscuous type who will do her best to criticise me as much as possible. Honestly sometimes I wished we weren't so constricted by Islam. I love the religion and it works in theory. But honestly..do they really expect us to abstain into our late 20s early 30s in the 21st century? That's imply brutal and unhealthy..atleast in the olden days people got it on in their teens..17/18 etc..
Probably you want too many things. Life is not like the Christmas tree. You're not dead yet. You don't need to decorate your life.

1468189496152.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MisterPC
Why not just change to a different religion then? I'm assuming you're just currently following the one that your parents followed?

It isn't that simple and it works great after you hit 30+. I just depise the current culture where no one can get married prior to their late 20s/early 30s because of how much the bleeding thing costs..I mean come on...can you imagine not having sex till you're 30?
lol am i in too late to say
BC brexit?

Spoiler

The honest truth is that "nice" girls aren't actually interested in you..they want something a bit left field, someone they can fix or house train and someone who isn't "boring" per say. In their twisted minds..they think if you're being horrid to them ..you like them lol. And all of those things I've listed - I do for myself. It makes me feel alive and makes me feel like I have a purpose. I feel good about helping the helpless. I have a big heart when it comes to these things, I don't know why but I cant tolerate suffering.
Original post by Serine Soul
Hey at least you're not France, losing the Euro 2016 final, on your own soil

You make me laugh
Original post by PrincessBO$$
You make me laugh

Thank you :colondollar:
Because why should it be? Life isn't a game of monopoly.

If you're not happy with your life then do something about it. Moaning about life being unfair isn't going to get you anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest