The Student Room Group

What's your ideal final job and income?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
If everything fell into place for you in the future, when you're nearing retirement, what would you say would be your ideal job level/title and total income at that point?

What about net worth?

title- CEO of multiple companies
income- £250,000 per year at least hopefully £500,000 or more
net worth- £10,000,000 inclusive of assets
Well.. It still is less stressful considering the stakes, hours and time off.

I guess there's the argument of being a role model for your pupils to aspire to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is less stressful in that way but teachers do have to deal with annoying students who won't learn which is pretty hard and tiring.

It is less stressful than finance but it is still more stressful than most jobs and not really an unwinding job like working at a corner shop or volunteering.

But yeah, being a role model and giving back to the community (if I manage to get a job at my high school) would be great :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm going to uni for either English Lang or linguistics (hopefully). Not too sure on what I wanna persue afterwards but I'm pretty interested in speach therapy so maybe a masters in that. According to google (lol) they start on around 21-28,000. After many years of working in the field I hope to be making at least 35,000 or more. Idk tho I could decide tomorrow that I wanna be a teacher or a trapeze artist or a marine biologist...
Original post by Trapz99
It is less stressful in that way but teachers do have to deal with annoying students who won't learn which is pretty hard and tiring.

It is less stressful than finance but it is still more stressful than most jobs and not really an unwinding job like working at a corner shop or volunteering.

But yeah, being a role model and giving back to the community (if I manage to get a job at my high school) would be great :smile:

Even doing something as simple as examsolutions would be great
Cashier at smiths :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Even doing something as simple as examsolutions would be great

Yeah the examsolutions guy is brilliant... I would failed my mechanics without him covering the hard questions
Baker. Bakers do not make that much money so any amount of money that pay bills and live nicely is the ideal income.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah the examsolutions guy is brilliant... I would failed my mechanics without him covering the hard questions

Same! I'm so grateful for the videos I watched in the morning. Pretty much the style of questions I watched in the morning of the exam, came up in the exam!!
Original post by sherlockfan
Cashier at smiths :smile:

Not sure if srs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Hopefully, I can reach a high position in a space exploration company e.g. SpaceX, NASA etc.

And I hope that would be over $100,000 a year eventually.
Not sure if srs

Posted from TSR Mobile

totally srs. you can get free pens and colouring books.
I still don't know :frown:
Reply 52
Whatever will make me happy and give me enough money to a) survive b) have a few leisure activities c) not be homeless lol
I would love to be an academic but that can't happen. I might like to be a writer but that can't happen. I've thought about teaching/tutoring but I know I wouldn't really like it or be adept at it; too much social awkwardness. So I guess the best option is to just fade out of existence when I've finished uni.
Original post by SophieSmall
I still don't know :frown:

Ahahahaha, you don't have to know yet. Have you thought about doing work experience/shadowing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahahahaha, you don't have to know yet. Have you thought about doing work experience/shadowing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm starting my final year of uni in September so kind of need to start getting an idea. :tongue:

I've thought about it, just no idea what to do work experience in/ what to shadow. I don't have any interests in professions at this point.
Well I'm starting my final year of uni in September so kind of need to start getting an idea. :tongue:

I've thought about it, just no idea what to do work experience in/ what to shadow. I don't have any interests in professions at this point.

Ach, you have like 30-40 years of working still - loads of time!

Sounds cliché but have you done any of those career interest tests? I think prospects has a good one. Also there's looking at what you're good at/enjoy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ach, you have like 30-40 years of working still - loads of time!

Sounds cliché but have you done any of those career interest tests? I think prospects has a good one. Also there's looking at what you're good at/enjoy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've done loads of those tests, they always come out with science jobs. Which I know I won't enjoy because...well I've hated my course.
I wanna earn ££££££ writing for TV and film.
But seriously idm as long as I'm doing something I love.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've done loads of those tests, they always come out with science jobs. Which I know I won't enjoy because...well I've hated my course.

Well there are plenty of non-science jobs you can do. What about accounting? Or teaching? Or something in business? Maybe consulting? There are loads and loads of graduate careers out there... you'll definitely find one that interests you.
Original post by Trapz99
Well there are plenty of non-science jobs you can do. What about accounting? Or teaching? Or something in business? Maybe consulting? There are loads and loads of graduate careers out there... you'll definitely find one that interests you.

I can flat out say teaching is definitely not for me. I don't have the patience for it, kids deserve a better teacher.

I have been constantly looking into other career routes trust me. I just don't seem to be "qualified" or experienced enough for any of the things mentioned.

Getting the first "professional" job I think will be the hardest thing, moving on from there should be easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending