The Student Room Group

Is secretly messaging other women on Facebook cheating?

The title says it all really. I've caught my boyfriend messaging other women on Facebook behind my back, I also found out he cheated on me twice by seeing the messages on his phone and he didn't have it in him to tell me. Every time I try to talk to him about it I get called a 'psycho' and he tries to change the subject. I love him, but this is really getting me down. Please help!

Scroll to see replies

Yeah that's definitely taking you for granted at the very least.

Tbh I'm going to say he's clearly not committed and I would leave him if I were you. He's either an immature prick or just a prick, either way you're not getting what you want/deserve. Unless you like 'open relationships' :rolleyes:
Yes if he's texting other woman saying hey babe.
Reply 3
I can't believe you're putting up with that!! Dump his cheating ass!!
dump him
Definitely not im sure the woman has a best friend who she probably shags on the side when your not around
Yes.
even if messages aren't about sex?
even if messages aren't about sex?
Really? I cant believe youre asking this question. Dump his ugly ass.
Reply 10
It is not a cut and dry subject. It all hangs on what the messages say, in what context and to who. My ex and I had problems from the start because I have a male best friend. Out of context our private Facebook conversation could very easily be read as unfaithful however that was never the case.

If you have trust issues with your boyfriend you need to sort them out now. My ex saw one comment early on in which my best friend had paid me an innocent compliment and he wasn't happy about it but didn't tell me he just *****ed to his friends, skip ahead to two years later and I come home from work to find print outs of entire Facebook conversations that he had actually taken a highlighter to.

I was never unfaithful and I stand by the fact everything in context was innocent but had my ex talked to me at any point, told me how uncomfortable my friendship clearly made him feel we could have avoided the crazy.

You both need to set clear boundaries and stick to them now. If you don't like something tell him outright. These sort of problems fester inside you until you do not even trust your partner to go to work.

I am not condoning chatting up other people whilst in a committed relationship, but there may be a justified reason for his behaviour. You need to sit down and have an honest conversation hun x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Really? I cant believe youre asking this question. Dump his ugly ass.

no matter what messages say?
What if he's messaging his cousin? :tongue:

What do the messages say? We need more information.
Depends what they say.
Original post by RoyalMarine
no matter what messages say?

Tbh i dont get it. You said you "caught" him cheating so if you know hes cheating on you why are you still with him??
Reply 15
Yes.
When I found out he had cheated on me last year, he was saying things like how much he had enjoyed kissing her and that he was 'out of practice'. There was no mention of me at all in these messages, though apparently she did know about me. Last time we talked about this he said he understands why I have trust issues with him, but I feel like he's making no effort to fix it and doesn't have the want for me to trust him.*
Reply 17
You should leave him, he will only continue cheating on you and by staying, you are letting him. I'm actually surprised you would stay with him in the first place after those comments, but take this now as your trigger to get out of there. There are are far many better men out there, you don't need to settle for this disrespectful cheater.
Original post by Anonymous
When I found out he had cheated on me last year, he was saying things like how much he had enjoyed kissing her and that he was 'out of practice'. There was no mention of me at all in these messages, though apparently she did know about me. Last time we talked about this he said he understands why I have trust issues with him, but I feel like he's making no effort to fix it and doesn't have the want for me to trust him.*

your answers are all there, dump his cheating arse. once a cheat always a cheat, there's better men out there to be with rather than wasting your time on this ****wit
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
The title says it all really. I've caught my boyfriend messaging other women on Facebook behind my back, I also found out he cheated on me twice by seeing the messages on his phone and he didn't have it in him to tell me. Every time I try to talk to him about it I get called a 'psycho' and he tries to change the subject. I love him, but this is really getting me down. Please help!

He cheated on you once and you're still with him? OK you think he deserves a second chance.

He cheated on you again? He's not gonna stop. Get rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending