The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Arts and Sciences 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by examsucks
Congrats!! When did you do the test?

Thank you I am really happy!!! I think around February 24th ! Have you got an offer?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by kitkatking
Thank you I am really happy!!! I think around February 24th ! Have you got an offer?

Ah I was there on the same day! I haven't heard back from them but I also don't think my test went that great...Are you going to firm them? What's your major?
Original post by examsucks
Ah I was there on the same day! I haven't heard back from them but I also don't think my test went that great...Are you going to firm them? What's your major?

I didn't feel like mine went well at all either - you can't always tell so try not to think about it too much. What have you applied for elsewhere? Major: Societies and Minor: Health and Environment although I would actually like to major in H&E. What about you?
Reply 103
Ah I got an offer today :biggrin: I'm majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in societies

Is anyone else not sure about going to University? I'm not sure about if I could deal with living in London and whether they have good disability support. Other university disability support departments have sent me emails but UCL hasn't.
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't feel like mine went well at all either - you can't always tell so try not to think about it too much. What have you applied for elsewhere? Major: Societies and Minor: Health and Environment although I would actually like to major in H&E. What about you?

I actually got an offer today!! I'm going to firm it tonight with my insurance being cognitive science at Edinburgh. I also applied for lib arts + sciences at Birmingham and flexible combined honours at Exeter, you? My major is Cultures but I want to switch it to Societies! So excited!!!
I also got an offer for Cultures today! See you guys in September (hopefully), I keep my fingers crossed!
Reply 106
I got an offer today too!!! (Majoring in Sciences and Engineering) So happy!!
Reply 107

That's weird I wouldn't mind being able to major in Societies- which is annoying because at most universities I wouldn't need to do two social sciences/humanities to study them :/
Original post by F.borne
Ah I got an offer today :biggrin: I'm majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in societies

Is anyone else not sure about going to University? I'm not sure about if I could deal with living in London and whether they have good disability support. Other university disability support departments have sent me emails but UCL hasn't.

I am nervous too as I have health conditions which require alot of support but hopefully UCL are really good in that area. I would have thought that as they're a very well funded uni and in central London, that they would have a good disability service. Maybe contact them directly? :smile:
Reply 109
Has anybody put this course as their firm? Also is there a chat for people who (hopefully) will be going there?
Reply 110
Original post by F.borne
Has anybody put this course as their firm? Also is there a chat for people who (hopefully) will be going there?

Hello!! I have firmed it 😃 Have you?? Currently there's a group on Facebook for UCL applicants/freshers and you can join that but there isn't one just for BAScers :frown:
Reply 111
Original post by bl4rmy
Hello!! I have firmed it 😃 Have you?? Currently there's a group on Facebook for UCL applicants/freshers and you can join that but there isn't one just for BAScers :frown:

Yeah I have :smile: All the groups I've found for UCL have like 10 members though... Which one is the one you've found?
How have IB applicants done?

My offer was 39 with 19 HL and a 6 in SL Maths. I achieved 39 with 19 HL and a 5 in SL Maths -_- . I have been told that I will be considered a 'near-miss applicant'. How has everyone else done?
Hey I have a conditional offer from BASc requiring 5,5,5,5,4 in AP and I ionly got 5.5.5.4.4. in the end. Is it worthwhile to call them and appeal? what are the chances they will actually consider?

I got a 4 in Biology, which is my only sciency science course in AP but I am also a CULTURES major.

I have worked really hard and can't seem to accept this right now I came so close!

please help!
Hey I have a conditional offer from BASc requiring 5,5,5,5,4 in AP and I ionly got 5.5.5.4.4. in the end. Is it worthwhile to call them and appeal? what are the chances they will actually consider?

I got a 4 in Biology, which is my only sciency science course in AP but I am also a CULTURES major.

I have worked really hard and can't seem to accept this right now I came so close!

please help!
Reply 115
Original post by meiqi.matilda

please help!

Definitely ring them up!! I imagine you'll be considered a near miss candidate - which means you probably won't get an answer until after A-level results day (18th August) :frown: but it's still worth a try and worth notifying them that you're definitely still interested!
Did anyone get an AAA offer ? Or do you know when they give AAA offers instead of the A*AA offer ?
Reply 117
Hey guys if anyone is doing the arts and sciences BASc degree starting in September we have a little Facebook group going please come and join!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/525556664300791/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending