The Student Room Group

Hi,

I have just recently finished studying Biomedical Science. I have obtained my grades. I missed out on doing placement. I would really like to do a placement. Could someone please assist me with some further guidance as to what to do. Thank you so much!
Original post by fn4494
I have just recently finished studying Biomedical Science. I have obtained my grades. I missed out on doing placement. I would really like to do a placement. Could someone please assist me with some further guidance as to what to do. Thank you so much!

Sadly I don't know a lot about Biomedical Science myself, I think the NHS does graduate scientist trainee schemes?

I'm going to tag in someone who may be able to assist

@SophieSmall
Allo.

Yes the NHS does do graduate trainee BMS schemes, though iirc they are only available to graduates who did an IBMS accredited biomedical degree.

Other than that I can't really help as I have no interest in going into biomedical sciences anymore, it's just not for me. As such I have little knowledge on the poster's options in terms of placements. I'd just advise them to get in touch with any and all labs and universities in their area (or an area they can travel to) and pose their interest in taking on a possible internship or trainee roll. I'd also recommend they speak to their universities careers advisers, they should still to help even if finished at the university.

@fn4494
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
Allo.

Yes the NHS does do graduate trainee BMS schemes, though iirc they are only available to graduates who did an IBMS accredited biomedical degree.

Other than that I can't really help as I have no interest in going into biomedical sciences anymore, it's just not for me. As such I have little knowledge on the poster's options in terms of placements. I'd just advise them to get in touch with any and all labs and universities in their area (or an area they can travel to) and pose their interest in taking on a possible internship or trainee roll. I'd also recommend they speak to their universities careers advisers, they should still to help even if finished at the university.

@fn4494

what yeh wana do
Original post by trustmeimlying1
what yeh wana do

I don't know. :frown:
I just know I've been miserable on my course, so not that.
I don't know. :frown:
I just know I've been miserable on my course, so not that.
Best of luck then. Plenty of time to decide.
I know how yeh feel a little...lab science isnt for me either.
Best of luck then. Plenty of time to decide.
I know how yeh feel a little...lab science isnt for me either.

Yeah thanks, you too.

Guess it just sucks that it took me so long to realise, wasted my student finance funding on a course I don't like. But too late to change courses.
Yeah thanks, you too.

Guess it just sucks that it took me so long to realise, wasted my student finance funding on a course I don't like. But too late to change courses.
Most people aren't sure. Besides.. most of us will be changing careers in our lifetime regardless.
Most people aren't sure. Besides.. most of us will be changing careers in our lifetime regardless.

True, but starting is the hardest part.
Allo.

@fn4494

Thank you for responding for me :smile: :smile:

@fn4494
(edited 7 years ago)
No problem. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending