The Student Room Group

how far through your degree are you?

how far through are you

when will you finish

when did you start

im on my first module of level/year 2
il finish in the summer of '18
started Jan '15

(as its done online via essex uni, its timed differently compared to brick&mortar unis)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb

how far through are you

when will you finish

when did you start

im on my first module of level/year 2
il finish in the summer of '18
started Jan '15

(as its done online via essex uni, its timed differently compared to brick&mortar unis)

Hello :smile:

I'm about to start my third year at university, i've just finished my second.
I started in September 2014 and will finish in September 2017.

I'm studying at Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln.
Reply 2
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:

I'm about to start my third year at university, i've just finished my second.
I started in September 2014 and will finish in September 2017.

I'm studying at Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln.

thats cool :smile: what do you do?
I started in September 2013 and will graduate officially in 2 weeks. :redface:
I've just finished my first year! I started in 2015 and will leave 2020 if I get on a placement year. So, I've got a while to go yet!
Reply 5
Original post by xxKiaraxx
I started in September 2013 and will graduate officially in 2 weeks. :redface:

what did you do?
how does 2nd and 3rd year compare in terms of workload and how hard it is?
Reply 6
Original post by Lkathryn08
I've just finished my first year! I started in 2015 and will leave 2020 if I get on a placement year. So, I've got a while to go yet!

wow thats crazy!! what on earth are you doing?
I will be starting my third year in September. I started September 2014 and will finish June 2017 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
wow thats crazy!! what on earth are you doing?

Chemical engineering and it's a masters so that's why I'll be there so long.
Original post by shawtyb
thats cool :smile: what do you do?

I study Drama in the Community :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Changing Skies
I will be starting my third year in September. I started September 2014 and will finish June 2017 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh cool, what do you do?
'17 seems so far away still

Original post by Lkathryn08
Chemical engineering and it's a masters so that's why I'll be there so long.

ah yea i guess so. its that hte length of just the masters or the BA as well?

I study Drama in the Community :smile:

in the community? dont u mean uni?
Original post by shawtyb
oh cool, what do you do?

ah yea i guess so. its that hte length of just the masters or the BA as well?

in the community? dont u mean uni?

No :tongue: my course is called 'Drama in the Community' - this is what I study at university. I study the subject of drama and how it works in society and with the community haha.

Thank you though for clarifying I knew what I was talking about :wink:
Reply 12
No :tongue: my course is called 'Drama in the Community' - this is what I study at university. I study the subject of drama and how it works in society and with the community haha.

Thank you though for clarifying I knew what I was talking about :wink:

hahaha!!!!! sorry LOL!!!!
<3
Original post by shawtyb
oh cool, what do you do?

Biological Sciences :smile: it does! But my degree has gone so fast so far I imagine this year will too :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Changing Skies
Biological Sciences :smile: it does! But my degree has gone so fast so far I imagine this year will too :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah yea i guess so :smile:
my first level was about a year and 4-5 months long :/
Original post by shawtyb
what did you do?
how does 2nd and 3rd year compare in terms of workload and how hard it is?

I did Biomedical Science at KCL. I found 3rd year easier than 2nd year but that was mainly because I picked modules that were heavily exam based - lots of my friends who chose other modules ended up with quite tight coursework deadlines and the same number of exams as me in the end anyway. The main thing to worry about in 3rd year is your dissertation/project.

2nd year was quite challenging because you do a similar number of modules as first year but the depth of knowledge required is much greater (also having to do extra reading). Also I picked an anatomy module which probably wasn't the wisest choice.
Reply 16
Original post by xxKiaraxx
I did Biomedical Science at KCL. I found 3rd year easier than 2nd year but that was mainly because I picked modules that were heavily exam based - lots of my friends who chose other modules ended up with quite tight coursework deadlines and the same number of exams as me in the end anyway. The main thing to worry about in 3rd year is your dissertation/project.

2nd year was quite challenging because you do a similar number of modules as first year but the depth of knowledge required is much greater (also having to do extra reading). Also I picked an anatomy module which probably wasn't the wisest choice.

we dont get to pick our modules but ours is assignment based and no exams but we get the extra reading anyway
I started in Oct 2013 and I have deferred for the last year and a half due to health. I'm looking to go back either this October or next October. I'm studying my degree with OU so they are quite flexible when it comes to taking time off. I have 16 years to finish it but I imagine I'll have it finished by 2019 at most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Spock's Socks
I started in Oct 2013 and I have deferred for the last year and a half due to health. I'm looking to go back either this October or next October. I'm studying my degree with OU so they are quite flexible when it comes to taking time off. I have 16 years to finish it but I imagine I'll have it finished by 2019 at most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha 16 years to finish!! wow!!
as its at the OU, cant you begin sooner then october?
Original post by shawtyb
hahaha 16 years to finish!! wow!!
as its at the OU, cant you begin sooner then october?

They only let you start or go back to a degree in either October or February as far as I know. I prefer the October start as I don't want to be studying during the summer which I would be if I went back in February :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending