The Student Room Group

Andrea Leadsom quits Prime Minister race

Update:
** David Cameron confirms he will step down as prime minister by Wednesday evening at the latest
** Andrea Leadsom had previously pulled out of the Conservative leadership race, leaving Theresa May unnoposed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

This really is an exciting non-stop roller coaster at the moment. Politics has never been so exciting!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My reaction: :u:
Reply 2
Does this mean May wins by default or will they find a replacement to go against her?

Oh God I hope it's not the latter, that'd be Gove probably.
Reply 3
That is not good. Why is she quitting?
Original post by Inexorably
Does this mean May wins by default or will they find a replacement to go against her?

Oh God I hope it's not the latter, that'd be Gove probably.

Should be May be default.
nc
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Wow. This is interesting.
The corrupt media, journalists and politicians made unnecessary harsh accusations against her to oust her out of the election. <---That is the truth.
She should have stayed strong and kept going.
(edited 7 years ago)
i'm impatiently waiting for 2 more minutes.
Original post by Captain Jack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

This really is an exciting non-stop roller coaster at the moment. Politics has never been so exciting!

Wow. What will happen next?

I feel like everyone is bailing as they know how ruddy hard it's going to be to be PM with all this mess to sort out.
Original post by Airmed
Wow. This is interesting.

Right?! Politics is actually really interesting rn. Makes a change.
Probably for the best. The weekend was an absolute car crash for her. Someone with such poor judgement isn't going to make a competent PM.
Excited at the prospects of the new Prime Minister being a remain voter.
Reply 13
And...she is gone!
Graceful speech though. Cant say May is an improvement.
Original post by Quantex
Probably for the best. The weekend was an absolute car crash for her. Someone with such poor judgement isn't going to make a competent PM.

It was not poor judgement. She was misunderstood, and unnecessary harsh accusations were made against her to oust her out.
Original post by Naveed-7
It was not poor judgement. She was misunderstood, and unnecessary harsh accusations were made against her to oust her out.

It was her job to make herself understood then. Not our fault she's THAT incompetent. If she couldn't handle a weekend's worth of questioning and doubt from the public, how would she have handled it for 5 years?
The leave campaigners don't want to clean up the mess this country made by Brexit. Absolute ******** how each one of the most prominent Conservative Brexiters have said no to leadership of the country.

To quote her exact tweet in response to the Times article "the exact opposite of what I said". The Times responded by realising an audio recording confirming it was precisely what she said. I know there are going to be lots of conspiracy theories about the evil machinations of the Conservative Party, but she dug her own grave.
The corrupt media, journalists and politicians made unnecessary harsh accusations against her to oust her out of the election. <---That is the truth.
She should have stayed strong and kept going.

Accusations weren't even that harsh. She has pissed off like the rest of the leavers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending