The Student Room Group

My girlfriend has gone on holiday, and I feel sh*t, help please

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damien17
I think you're misunderstanding the story, I'll do a time line for you:
1. We, as a couple, begin to start planning a holiday, my parents by a pass port, we get everthing sorted, literally to the stage where we need to put in our bank details
2. Her friend, ask her to on holiday with her instead, she says yes and says to me, the guy who's never left the country before and who had just folked out for a passport, that she can no longer afford to go on holiday with me and she is going to on holiday with her friends

man needs to talk to gf
I would defiantly agree the first point, even though she'd probably say the same about herself, but in my view I value her in every aspect of life while most of the time she resents me, pushing me away when it comes to any sort of affection etc
why is man dating a *****
I don't see anything wrong? She couldn't afford a holiday with you so she went with her friends instead?
Reply 22
Original post by loveleest
I don't see anything wrong? She couldn't afford a holiday with you so she went with her friends instead?

She planned, price and prepared a holiday with myself to cancel at the last minute to on holiday with her friends that was to expensive she couldn't afford one with me.
Original post by Damien17
She planned, price and prepared a holiday with myself to cancel at the last minute to on holiday with her friends that was to expensive she couldn't afford one with me.

She does sound quite unreliable and disappointing. She definitely should have you informed before head, I can see why this has upset you.
In exactly the same boat although a little less depressed :wink: My girlfriend went away with her friends around Europe for just over a week, she's in Paris right now, which is coincidentally around the time France and Portugal played yesterday, so you can appreciate my concern. Just play video games or something dude, you're not going to get far if you don't trust her :smile: Funnily enough she's actually going to Barcelona before she comes back on Wednesday. It'll be alright dude, just be patient!
Y'know reading over the thread I'm actually amazed how similar of a position me and you are in. My girlfriend's currently gone from Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona while I'm sat here watching trashy films and working because I am also poorer than my partner. She's also going abroad again to Sweden in a few weeks with a different group of friends which would have been when I took her on holiday. Although that one is partially my fault as she'd arranged that before I did. Idk man, talk to her about it when she gets back.

Also my name's Damian. Are we the same freaking person. What
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending