The Student Room Group

S5 Subject Choices

Hi I'm moving from doing the IB in Switzerland to the SQA (Highers) in Scotland. I have an idea of which subjects I want to take since I would like to go into the food industry (catering, management, organizer..etc):
- Higher English- National 5 Math- Higher Health and Food Technology- Hospitality (Only offer Nat 5)- Higher Classical Studies- Higher Art and DesignThese are the subjects I am considering but I don't know. Is Art difficult, I am not very good practically (painting and such) but good at analysis?What is needed for Food Tech?Am I doing too many Highers? Are Highers Difficult? Is classics hard?
Any advice would be great
Reply 1
Original post by asc628
Hi I'm moving from doing the IB in Switzerland to the SQA (Highers) in Scotland. I have an idea of which subjects I want to take since I would like to go into the food industry (catering, management, organizer..etc):
- Higher English- National 5 Math- Higher Health and Food Technology- Hospitality (Only offer Nat 5)- Higher Classical Studies- Higher Art and DesignThese are the subjects I am considering but I don't know. Is Art difficult, I am not very good practically (painting and such) but good at analysis?What is needed for Food Tech?Am I doing too many Highers? Are Highers Difficult? Is classics hard?
Any advice would be great

Five to six highers is the norm. Be aware that higher art is very time intensive but I didn't take it myself so I don't know how much analysis there is- I do know that most of your time and marks are dependent on your folio.
Higher classics is not too common so don't know anything about that at all :colondollar:
Nat 5 maths is a good idea, as is higher English; and obviously if you want a career in hospitality that's a good shout.. So I think you've got it pretty well planned out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending