The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Nursing at ARU

Scroll to see replies

Hello,

I applied for the March intake 2016, in December, should i be worried that after sending my scanned certificates and my transcript for some of my courses, i haven't heard anything back yet regarding the progress of my application, i know it's a very busy time for yourselves, and we've had the holidays as well.

Many thanks
Morgan
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Not sure if this answers you question Morgan but I just received an email I've attached about what's gonna happen. I had heard nothing either so I emailed. Are you child branch?
Original post by harris1825
Hello,

I applied for the March intake 2016, in December, should i be worried that after sending my scanned certificates and my transcript for some of my courses, i haven't heard anything back yet regarding the progress of my application, i know it's a very busy time for yourselves, and we've had the holidays as well.

Many thanks
Morgan

Hi Morgan

I totally understand your concern and am here to help and ensure that you have all the information you need. If you send me your full name and UCAS number in a private message, I can find out some more for you.

Kind regards

Natalie
Original post by Kirsty1990
Not sure if this answers you question Morgan but I just received an email I've attached about what's gonna happen. I had heard nothing either so I emailed. Are you child branch?

Hi Kirsty,
thanks for that.

No i've applied for the adult nursing course, hopefully i can get a bit more information now that i've found a useful forum to look at.
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi all!

This thread is for everyone who has applied, or is thinking of applying to study Child Nursing (Chelmsford) or Adult Nursing (Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough) with us in March 2016.

There is also a student run Facebook page for everyone who has applied to study Child, Mental Health or Adult Nursing with us this March. You can join this community of prospective students here.

Whether you want to meet people who'll join you on the course or need help with any aspect of your application, we're here to help! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Best wishes :smile:

Team ARU

Hello,

I applied to study Adult Nursing at the Chelmsford campus before christmas. I am yet to receive any response from you either by email / post / UCAS Track. Any idea when I can expect this?

Thanks!
Original post by EmilyC0202
Hello,

I applied to study Adult Nursing at the Chelmsford campus before christmas. I am yet to receive any response from you either by email / post / UCAS Track. Any idea when I can expect this?

Thanks!

Hi EmilyC0202

Thanks for your message. I'm happy to hear that you're making plans to study with us!

If you send me a private message with your full name and UCAS number, I'll be able to find out some information for you.

Kind regards

Natalie
I'm waiting to apply for accommodation in Halls that I've been told opens in February (is that right?) Does anyone know if I'll be put in a flat with current students or ill be put with others from the March intake of new students?

Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I applied I in December to study Adult Nursing. I still haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried??
Original post by Ashleyjkanne
Hi I applied I in December to study Adult Nursing. I still haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried??

Hi Ashleyjkanne

Thanks for letting us know. If you send me a private message with your UCAS ID and your full name, I'll be able to find out some information regarding your application.

Speak soon

Natalie :smile:
Hi, I have a conditional offer to study adult nursing at ARU Cambridge campus and am from Scotland so don't really know a lot of people down there or know the area too well. I was wondering if anyone else on the course has applied for accommodation yet or knows where is popular for nursing students to go (I have had a look at the hospital accommodation)? Also was wondering if there are any fb groups or anything like that for people starting in September 2016? Thanks!
Original post by Hollymitch
Hi, I have a conditional offer to study adult nursing at ARU Cambridge campus and am from Scotland so don't really know a lot of people down there or know the area too well. I was wondering if anyone else on the course has applied for accommodation yet or knows where is popular for nursing students to go (I have had a look at the hospital accommodation)? Also was wondering if there are any fb groups or anything like that for people starting in September 2016? Thanks!

Hi Hollymitch

Thanks for your message!

Most students studying nursing on our Cambridge campus apply for the hospital accommodation at the recently refurbished Harston House. (For information on how to apply, you can visit our website.

Assuming you meet our eligibility criteria for accommodation (which you can find here, you can apply for any of our other accommodation options. Other nursing students sometimes choose CB1 or The Railyard as these halls are mid-way between Addenbrookes Hospital (where most adult and child nursing placements are) and the university. You could also look at private sector accommodation.
Please let me know if you have any further questions, or you can give us a call on 01223 698900.

Best wishes

Natalie :smile:
Reply 31
Hi all!

This thread is for everyone who has applied, or is thinking of applying to study Child Nursing (Chelmsford) or Adult Nursing (Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough) with us.

There is also a student run Facebook page for everyone who has applied to study Child, Mental Health or Adult Nursing with us this March. You can join this community of prospective students here.

Whether you want to meet people who'll join you on the course or need help with any aspect of your application, we're here to help! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Team ARU

Hi, can you please confirm the number of applicants on average you receive for your September intake for your undergraduate child's nursing course at your Chelmsford campus along with the amount of spaces offered.

Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Jemma
Could you possibly make the same thread but for the March 2017 intake please? I can't seem to find much about it at the moment! Thank you :smile:

Hi all!

This thread is for everyone who has applied, or is thinking of applying to study Child Nursing (Chelmsford) or Adult Nursing (Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough) with us.

Team ARU
Reply 33
Original post by Kirsty1990
Wow, I've finally found someone!! Haha, I was starting to think I was the only one going to do Child Nursing at Chelmsford in March!

Hi,
I hope you don't mind me messaging you. I see you have been offered a place at ARU for March! Congratulations!! I've just applied on Ucas for September 2017 intake. I'm aware that there is only 30 places on the course and they get hundreds of applicants! How did your interview go? And do you have a lot of child experience prior to going to uni?

I'm nervous already and because I know the how small the chances are already of getting a space I'm really hoping to be as prepared as can be incase I get invited for interview!
Jemma
Reply 34
Original post by loubie16
I am going to ARU Chelmsford to study Child Nursing in March 2016. I would love to hear from anyone who will be on the same course.x

Hi, I hope you don't mind me messaging you. I see you have been offered a place at ARU for March! Congratulations!! I've just applied on Ucas for September 2017 intake. I'm aware that there is only 30 places on the course and they get hundreds of applicants! How did your interview go? And do you have a lot of child experience prior to going to uni? I'm nervous already and because I know the how small the chances are already of getting a space I'm really hoping to be as prepared as can be incase I get invited for interview! Jemma
Reply 35
Hi all!

Team ARU

Hi,

Has the bursary cuts made a difference in the applicants you have received so far for child nursing at your Chelmsford campus compared to previous years.
My friend is thinking of doing Nursing FdSc full time. She's hoping to become a childrens nurse so what steps would she have to take after she has finished the Nursing FdSc?
Dear 1secondsofvamps,

I've spoken with our course tutors regarding your query, perhaps you could email us directly at [email protected] with your enquiry or send us a private message with your email address, so we can reply to you with the details.

Best Wishes,
TH:smile:
Reply 38
Would you be able to tell me roughly how often we'd be in uni every week? Like would it be every day or 2-3 days a week? I'm looking into transferring and have an interview next week, but I was wondering how often I'd have to be in to make a calculation of travelling costs. (Adult Nursing 2nd year at Peterborough)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Adooren
Would you be able to tell me roughly how often we'd be in uni every week? Like would it be every day or 2-3 days a week? I'm looking into transferring and have an interview next week, but I was wondering how often I'd have to be in to make a calculation of travelling costs. (Adult Nursing 2nd year at Peterborough)

Hey I'm a first year in Chelmsford and I'm in 3-5 days a week, usually 4 though. Hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending