The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
So happy with my completely free summer now, means I can continue working on my painting of Gonville and Caius college that I started last summer (commission by a friend, not an attempt to suck up to the Uni in any way)

Is that the college you have an offer from? If not, in the unlikley event that you end up in the summer pool, send them the painting, with the message 'fish me, xoxo'
So happy with my completely free summer now, means I can continue working on my painting of Gonville and Caius college that I started last summer (commission by a friend, not an attempt to suck up to the Uni in any way)

Please show me when you're done :biggrin:
Original post by Serine Soul
Is that the college you have an offer from? If not, in the unlikley event that you end up in the summer pool, send them the painting, with the message 'fish me, xoxo'

Haha! I don't have an offer from them but I will consider that 😂
Does anyone want results day to be tomorrow so they can get over it?
Idk whether it's a good thing that I seem to be the only one having no dreams about results day at the moment...

I'd take it as a good thing :lol: one results day is enough, you don't need multiple experiences of it, even if they are dreams :tongue:

Original post by Kvothe the arcane

Me! Even if I were to miss, I'd rather know for sure than all this uncertainty and doubt. And having to wait until mid August seems like no time at all to plan anything for next year should everything go wrong :s-smilie:
Original post by felecita
I'd take it as a good thing :lol: one results day is enough, you don't need multiple experiences of it, even if they are dreams :tongue:

I had results day dreams for about a week after my last exam but now they've stopped. I now dream about really mundane things such as waking up and doing the laundry :tongue:.

Me! Even if I were to miss, I'd rather know for sure than all this uncertainty and doubt. And having to wait until mid August seems like no time at all to plan anything for next year should everything go wrong :s-smilie:

I'm much the same. And as I am definitely reapplying, it would be nice to know what I have sooner rather than later so that I can take the time to visit and make an informed decision.
Do you have an insurance? And if so, are you happy with your choice?

Good choice of college :wink:
Original post by Mathemagicien
What did it look like?

Original post by physicsmaths

Lol, you need to do mathematical art. Or artistic maths :rofl:

Oh my god. So much true.:eek::eek:
I had results day dreams for about a week after my last exam but now they've stopped. I now dream about really mundane things such as waking up and doing the laundry :tongue:.

Oh how exciting :tongue: I was only thinking yesterday that I'd avoided the weird results day dreams, clearly I spoke too soon! I had another weird one the other day though nothing to do with exams - in this one everything I clicked on Wikipedia came to life in front of me, so naturally I clicked on things such as zombies, vampires and Hitler instead of anything else :colonhash:

I'm much the same. And as I am definitely reapplying, it would be nice to know what I have sooner rather than later so that I can take the time to visit and make an informed decision.
Do you have an insurance? And if so, are you happy with your choice?

If I don't make the grades, I'm tempted to apply for Oxford next year (I'm sorry pls no hate anybody). Obviously I'd much prefer Cambridge but I feel that another application there would result in rejection and I love the whole Oxbridge college and supervision/tutorial system so much.
I have UCL as my insurance and once I'd overcome the initial disappointment at missing the Cambridge offer, I'd be happy to go there. However the grade I'm most worried about is Maths and both unis specify an A* so I think I will either meet both offers or miss both. It was probably stupid of me to insure UCL because of that, but I really like the uni and Maths seemed like a given A* before I bombed C4!

Fingers crossed we all meet our offers and don't have to worry about insurances or reapplying :h:

Yep! Everyone I know is saying they just don't want it to ever happen, and then there's me just saying "get it over with" :biggrin:

Yeah

I need to know where I'm heading
How does everyone feel about May?

Do you think she'll call a general election soon?

No chance. Unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In less than 48 hours we'll have a prime minister who has consistently voted against human rights, equality, and measures to address climate change, and in favour of unnecessary, irresponsible wars. And she won't have even won an election in her own party, let alone a general election. "****ed off" doesn't really cover it.

I think it's absolutely essential that there's a general election soon, as the May ministry will have absolutely no democratic mandate. Unfortunately, it's looking very unlikely that that will happen...

I doubt it. Words accoutability and mandate don't quite seem to be in her dictionary

She is a biatch.
No way she is calling one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
In less than 48 hours we'll have a prime minister who has consistently voted against human rights, equality, and measures to address climate change, and in favour of unnecessary, irresponsible wars. And she won't have even won an election in her own party, let alone a general election.

Surely there are downsides too?
Original post by krishdesai7
I doubt it. Words accoutability and mandate don't quite seem to be in her dictionary

The irony...

IMG_20160711_210145.jpg
Original post by jneill
No chance. Unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by physicsmaths
She is a biatch.
No way she is calling one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Although a snap election may be the worst for Labour atm (despite them wanting one themselves)

Latest

Trending

Trending