The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, hope everyone is ok. :hugs: Sorry for not being around much this week, at my boyfriend's. I will answer PMs when I get a chance. :h:
Original post by Anonymous
So the long and short of it:

Late 20s, single, jobless/not a student but by no means a failure-good A level grades (before "things" started happening). Live at home, don't drive, never been abroad, no friends to speak of.

Now-

I could get a job but would it give me more stress and therefore make my condition worse? Also, I know how hard it is to find viable employment. I could be months or more before I eventually work.

So do I go back to uni?

No. I don't trust myself to last the three years.

So what now, what about mates or a gf?

I have neither means or desire to make new friends. All the other mates I've ever made have slowly dropped off the radar so what's the point?

Do I get a gf?

No I've looked long and hard and I've given up effectively. I don't have the means meet girls no do I have the resources to start a relationship/maintain one.

So I am angry, hopeless, frustrated and down. What's the point? I don't mean that as a rhetorical question...literally? What can I do when it all seems so futile. should just jump in front of a bus.

I am not as old as you but I kinda can relate. I also had some moments when I had no one. First of all, I have to assume you watch Game Of Thrones, because I am going to make reference on Arya and "No One" thing. If you are really a "No One" as you talk, then you may be holding as much potential as Arya and other assasins at Bravoos have, in a metaphorical sense of course. I really recommend you to think on the power, ability and freedom you have from your current state, if you really think you are no one. People generally don't realize this. You may even redirect your negative emotions to improve your performance as I have. After thinking about this, you must think on what you like doing and what do you want to do in life both for short term and long term. If you followed all I've written, then you will be walking towards your goal by then.

Whatever you think it is your fault, deal with it. You are human, you make mistakes, just try not to do them intentionally ever again.

Whatever you think it is other's fault, do not deal with it. You should be able to make the difference between pardonable and unpardonable acts. If someone is like "It may be important to you, but it is not to me" then stop being friends with them, but if they are like "Sorry, I could not think of it then" then give them a second chance. In short, do not waste yourself with people who have not developed into decent human being. They will only make you sadder.

Force yourself to be nice to people, not because you are an evil guy or a sociopath but because you must respect them and yourself.

If you are at your late 20s, I think you should get a job that you'd like, I know it is hard, but it will worth it.

Another important advice is to value any of your family. Visit them occasionally, give them gifts and do good stuff while keeping the distance of course. Care about them, respect them and love them. If you do not have the love or desire to act like this, do it by viewing it as a responsibility. After all, family is what remains when friends leave. But family is not all you should care, don't forget to do charity for others as well.

I really think these will help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Had a horrible psychotic episode I'm front of my friends and stormed out of a shop thinking everyone was trying to get me :sigh:

I just badly want my life back :frown:*
Had a horrible psychotic episode I'm front of my friends and stormed out of a shop thinking everyone was trying to get me :sigh:

I just badly want my life back :frown:*

was me*
Original post by Airmed
Hey everyone, hope everyone is ok. :hugs: Sorry for not being around much this week, at my boyfriend's. I will answer PMs when I get a chance. :h:

AWWWWWW im so happy for you lovely :lovehug: <3
Original post by usycool1
was me*

Are you seeing a doctor about this? It's probably worth updating them if this is a new development. Hopefully it was a one off, but please try to tell your doc so they're best able to help you. :hugs: Probably worth confiding in a close friend if you can so they understand why you acted like that?
(edited 7 years ago)
And I'm back again! I knew I wouldn't last :lol:

I feel like **** someone help me please :frown:
Original post by TheAtaKhan
I think those people must be among you who are keen on listening rather than speaking. It is an important factor that almost everyone feels comfortable with them. These words may be cliche, but I hope they help. :smile:

Edit : Grammar mistakes

Everything helps! Thank you!
Actually, I was hoping rather if anyone from PSV could PM me instead :colondollar: That's only if they can see this post, if not thats okay too :redface:
Actually, I was hoping rather if anyone from PSV could PM me instead :colondollar: That's only if they can see this post, if not thats okay too :redface:

@Deyesy, @BurstingBubbles, @shadowdweller, @interrobang? :redface:

sorry just trying not to be annoying/be helpful for once :redface:

~Anon 1

~Anon 1

Haha thank you :hugs: Hope you're well, Anon 1 :lovehug:
Keep having this feeling that I'm being followed in my house, and harmful thoughts are much stronger than usual. I'm a little bit scared.
Broke down last night and nearly told my parents everything about my MH, that I've been hiding for 18 months. Without my best friend to talk to, I don't know how much longer I can last :/
my ghosts are back but faded a bit. i can't figure out this message the universe is trying to tell me and it's really pissing me off. everytime i get close i lose it in my own stupid confusion

~Anon 1

I think I'm the only member of the PSV team whose around to do PSV related stuff this week :lol:

As soon as I'm up tomorrow, will send you a PM :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Formal complaint put in against the therapist from hell. I wasn't going to but if she can be like that with me, she can be like that to others and others might be even more vulnerable and easier to walk over than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAtaKhan
I am not as old as you but I kinda can relate. I also had some moments when I had no one. First of all, I have to assume you watch Game Of Thrones, because I am going to make reference on Arya and "No One" thing. If you are really a "No One" as you talk, then you may be holding as much potential as Arya and other assasins at Bravoos have, in a metaphorical sense of course. I really recommend you to think on the power, ability and freedom you have from your current state, if you really think you are no one. People generally don't realize this. You may even redirect your negative emotions to improve your performance as I have. After thinking about this, you must think on what you like doing and what do you want to do in life both for short term and long term. If you followed all I've written, then you will be walking towards your goal by then.

Whatever you think it is your fault, deal with it. You are human, you make mistakes, just try not to do them intentionally ever again.

Whatever you think it is other's fault, do not deal with it. You should be able to make the difference between pardonable and unpardonable acts. If someone is like "It may be important to you, but it is not to me" then stop being friends with them, but if they are like "Sorry, I could not think of it then" then give them a second chance. In short, do not waste yourself with people who have not developed into decent human being. They will only make you sadder.

Force yourself to be nice to people, not because you are an evil guy or a sociopath but because you must respect them and yourself.

If you are at your late 20s, I think you should get a job that you'd like, I know it is hard, but it will worth it.

Another important advice is to value any of your family. Visit them occasionally, give them gifts and do good stuff while keeping the distance of course. Care about them, respect them and love them. If you do not have the love or desire to act like this, do it by viewing it as a responsibility. After all, family is what remains when friends leave. But family is not all you should care, don't forget to do charity for others as well.

I really think these will help.

Hmm I've never seen GoT.

Basically just think I am wasting my time, swimming upstream.
And I do care about my family they're the only reason I'm still here tbh.
I got an appointment through for the psychiatrist - 2nd August. That's a relief. I haven't had to wait to long thankfully. Fingers crossed this goes better than the other help I've had so far. Will keep you all updated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thank you :hugs: Hope you're well, Anon 1 :lovehug:

I'm around for the rest of the day now :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
I'm around for the rest of the day now :smile:

Urgh sorry I just saw this! Thanks
Urgh sorry I just saw this! Thanks

No worries :smile: No plans to move from my laptop till 1am-ish I'd of thought

Latest