The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Got it today and just spent 2 hours wandering around outside playing. Which is pretty amazing, considering I likely would have spent my day-off playing video games inside had I not got this game.

I spotted a few other people at Pokestops who appeared to be playing. I didn't ask, but they were wandering around phone in hand in a similar fashion to myself. They certainly didn't look as though they were at the sports centre to workout :lol:

Just hit level 5. Enjoying it.
Original post by Cll_ws
Got it today and just spent 2 hours wandering around outside playing. Which is pretty amazing, considering I likely would have spent my day-off playing video games inside had I not got this game.

I spotted a few other people at Pokestops who appeared to be playing. I didn't ask, but they were wandering around phone in hand in a similar fashion to myself. They certainly didn't look as though they were at the sports centre to workout :lol:

Just hit level 5. Enjoying it.

I'm going so crazy waiting for an offical app!!

People are playing it in the office :cry: @Pickles caught a pidgy in @Captain Jack's bag :bawling:

@kalclash @Professor Oak Get in this thread :dumbells:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

People are playing it in the office :cry: @Pickles caught a pidgy in @Captain Jack's bag :bawling:

Argh, this is so frustrating. That Pidgy was literally meant to be for me!!

I'm still very upset about the game glitching and making me miss out on catching a Drowsee!
Original post by kalclash
I'm still very upset about the game glitching and making me miss out on catching a Drowsee!

Nooo :eek3:
What team are you on?
Nooo :eek3:
What team are you on?

I haven't picked a team yet as I'm still level 4 - I need to get to level 5 before I can pick :smile:
Original post by kalclash
I haven't picked a team yet as I'm still level 4 - I need to get to level 5 before I can pick :smile:

Still only level 4?! Get it together :tongue:

I caught a wild Squirtle outside the office earlier :eek:
Is there anyway to make the game run faster. Sometimes when im right next to the shaking grass no pokemon comes up and I have to close it down and open it up. And sometimes when I click on the pokemon the catching thing doesnt come up and I have to do the same.

How else can you get it besides an official app?
I've got the APK version but don't want to do too much on it just yet as waiting for the official UK release!

Some things they don't tell you about the game though -
+I'm sure Poke Centres refresh daily so if you're going to revisit one tomorrow you may want to second guess if that's a good idea
+You can apparently get more XP by defending a gym
+Evolving isn't like any of the other Pokemon games, the only way to evolve them is to catch multiple of the same Pokemon (or just pay but I try not to consider that one) :tongue:

All in all, super pumped for this!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ScienceFantatic
How else can you get it besides an official app?

You can download it through APKmirror :h:
man can't download on iPhone :cry:

[video="youtube;qjzpuYqB6Kw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzpuYqB6Kw[/video]
Original post by Lucarious30
I've got the APK version but don't want to do too much on it just yet as waiting for the official UK release!

+I'm sure Poke Centres refresh daily so if you're going to revisit one tomorrow you may want to second guess if that's a good idea
+Evolving isn't like any of the other Pokemon games, the only way to evolve them is to catch multiple of the same Pokemon (or just pay but I try not to consider that one) :tongue:

Why don't you want to do much on it? Surely when the official app is released you'd just log back into your normal profile with the gmail account.

And yep, I noticed the pokestops refresh every 10-15 minutes :smile:
Damn I hate being an android user :sigh: so envious of iphone users :angry: I want pokemon GO :bawling:
When it does get offlically released in the playstore uk, I bet the playstore will probably crash :headfire: from all the simultaneous downloads :sad: :bawling:

Can someome tell me what starter pokemon do you have to choose from?

*+You can apparently get more XP by defending a gym

BIB: You can get stuff from Poke Centres every 5 minutes (hack? Is there an official word for this?) so you could get loads of stuff from making a loop of the same Poke Centres if you have a few close to each other.

The pokestops refresh way more than daily. Ik i went to one like 1 min away from my house. Then I walked for another 3 mins to catch a pokemon and when I was walking back it was there again. So im guessing its like every 5 mins.
Original post by k.m.b
Why don't you want to do much on it? Surely when the official app is released you'd just log back into your normal profile with the gmail account.

And yep, I noticed the pokestops refresh every 10-15 minutes :smile:

I've heard on the APK you can potentionally get banned and it's set my location in USA, so when it was official just wanted to put all my real details in :smile:

Original post by Kholmes1
The pokestops refresh way more than daily. Ik i went to one like 1 min away from my house. Then I walked for another 3 mins to catch a pokemon and when I was walking back it was there again. So im guessing its like every 5 mins.

Ah cool!
Original post by mr T 999
Damn I hate being an android user :sigh: so envious of iphone users :angry: I want pokemon GO :bawling:
When it does get offlically released in the playstore uk, I bet the playstore will probably crash :headfire: from all the simultaneous downloads :sad: :bawling:

Can someome tell me what starter pokemon do you have to choose from?

You can download a version from apk mirror if you're super keen :smile:

Starter pokemon are Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander :biggrin: :ahee:
You can download a version from apk mirror if you're super keen :smile:

Starter pokemon are Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander :biggrin: :ahee:

And a Pikachu but I would hope no one would pick it.

Quick Reply

Latest