The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I'm going so crazy waiting for an offical app!!

I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was surprised to see other people playing whilst I was out and to see the gyms in my area claimed, considering the game hasn't released yet, and I don't live in a city and i'm outside of my town's centre. Looking forward to seeing how popular it becomes!
Original post by Kholmes1
And a Pikachu but I would hope no one would pick it.

And pikachu?! Really?
And pikachu?! Really?

Of course, if you were a true pokemon fan you would know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Of course, if you were a true pokemon fan you would know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pickles said it wasn't an option :eek3:
You can download a version from apk mirror if you're super keen :smile:

Starter pokemon are Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander :biggrin: :ahee:

:noway: I'm not downloading an apk version don't trust it. I want the official version!

Damn is that it? I taught there be more pokemon to choose from. I'll probably go for Squirtle in that case :biggrin:

[video="youtube;jDaXh7Dd3gY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDaXh7Dd3gY[/video]

Is there mega evolution in the game?
And pikachu?! Really?

Yeah although if anyone picks it im going to guess they are on the rubbish team.
Reply 187
I just caught an Eevee in my living room.

Also, slightly disconcerting, I looked at my phone when I woke up in the middle of the night, and there was a Rhyhorn next to my bed...
Original post by Aula
I just caught an Eevee in my living room.

Also, slightly disconcerting, I looked at my phone when I woke up in the middle of the night, and there was a Rhyhorn next to my bed...

Maybe you had drunk intercourse with that Rhyhorn?

Ow that would hurt lol.
Original post by mr T 999
:noway: I'm not downloading an apk version don't trust it. I want the official version!

Damn is that it? I taught there be more pokemon to choose from. I'll probably go for Squirtle in that case :biggrin:

[video="youtube;jDaXh7Dd3gY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDaXh7Dd3gY[/video]

Is there mega evolution in the game?

No mega evolution.

Yes, keep it official! We just have to wait a bit.

Also, I saw a guy today playing that game. I was tempted to ask for the phone and just try it out, but I'm not that desperate.

I just keep on checking the play store every few... Hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No mega evolution.

Yes, keep it official! We just have to wait a bit.

Also, I saw a guy today playing that game. I was tempted to ask for the phone and just try it out, but I'm not that desperate.

I just keep on checking the play store every few... Hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn would have liked mega evolution :sigh:

Same I keep checking the playstore aswell, I have no life

The company are going to be making crazy amounts of money, still can't believe they making pokemon go free. Well technically its freemium model but still XD
I'm waiting for the official release, gotta do things legit :tongue: Apparently people are using Pokemon Go to lure & rob kid's phones?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Apparently people are using Pokemon Go to lure & rob kid's phones?

Original post by mr T 999
Damn would have liked mega evolution :sigh:

The company are going to be making crazy amounts of money, still can't believe they making pokemon go free. Well technically its freemium model but still XD

They will probably add more variants in the future but we will have to wait few months before it happens.

Paid application has some drawbacks such as less users would actually get it and some of them would definitely turn into piracy/downloading for free from 3rd party website.

Of course it would be prevented with some security but this will be another drawback since it only makes it harder for users to play the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 194
I'm checking the app store all the time. I want the official version now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 195
Have a Pokestop in my office :biggrin:
I expect I'll have to restart if I download from an App Store where it's released and then redownload on the UK App Store upon release?
I downloaded it from APKPure.com as listed on the Independent (first link I clicked)
Hopefully no malware :s-smilie:
Went Tesco today with my mum and on the motorway and in store came across a load of Pokemon, went up 2 levels :biggrin: got a kick ass raticate with hyperbeam that doles out 70 damage and has over 300 cp now that I powered it up. Caught some new Pokemon also; staryu, which was in the freezer food section, ghastly, caterpie and Weedle which happened to be in the fruit and veg itself, and jynx, which was cool! Saw silouettes for rhyhorn and weepinbell in Tesco also. Oh yeah also got a meowth also :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
They will probably add more variants in the future but we will have to wait few months before it happens.

Paid application has some drawbacks such as less users would actually get it and some of them would definitely turn into piracy/downloading for free from 3rd party website.

Of course it would be prevented with some security but this will be another drawback since it only makes it harder for users to play the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True that makes sense.

Too bad AJ can't play this game he hasn't got a smartphone lol :lol:

Posted from OtherWorld

Quick Reply

Latest