The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuluK
Thanks honey I'll check it out tonight :h:

Thank you so much!! And if you enjoy it please do share it with anyone else who might be interested. Just looking to expand it really it is in its early stages.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeh that makes sense, i try to stay away from home a bit more or take the bus places because that helps with the control. I try to repress the stress and anxiety of not being in control of my own whereabouts etc and having to rely on people and it is slowly getting a little better :redface: used to have a massive fear of being abandoned (still do really) so i always take money etc and plot in my head how i could get back if i was which is stupid but helps. Ik that i would never ever be abandoned but it is just paranoia so stupid lol :redface:
awww no lovely, tbh i prefer people listening rather than advice because often i just need to express things that i cant really inrl :redface:
well i wouldnt go that far :redface: i would want to do it but i wouldnt actually do it if that makes any sense whatsoever :redface:

Maybe put yourself in positions when you have limited control and then try to work yourself out of the situations?

Actually no. That's stupid :lol:

Yep I don't do advice! Haha.

Honey, you can express to me anytime anyplace :biggrin: whenever you want. :tongue:
Are you mentally disturbed or is it some other problem you dont know. I used to have that problem a while ago myself

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I am already getting help, it's slightly working :redface:
This thread makes me feel normal :tongue:
Original post by Steamof
Are you mentally disturbed or is it some other problem you dont know. I used to have that problem a while ago myself

Sorry but that's slightly too personal :redface:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Sorry but that's slightly too personal :redface:

No problem. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get sleep even though I was mentally calm thats why I asked :smile:
Original post by Steamof
No problem. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get sleep even though I was mentally calm thats why I asked :smile:

Oh I see, well thanks for caring but I am not mentally calm :lol:
Wish everything would **** off and i could just ignore it all
does insomnia count as an extenuating/mitigating circumstance when applying to uni?
Don't fancy sleeping because waking up is just rediscovering everything that is wrong..
Aw that sucks. The worst feeling when you all you want to do is sleep but you can't! Forcing yourself never works for me though. I think I have to be shattered to the point of collapsing before I can get a good decent dreamless sleep of 4/5 hours.

How long has it been? Sorry if you've answered that before. Do the benzos work? :tongue:

Original post by Vanessaxx98
Thank you so much!! And if you enjoy it please do share it with anyone else who might be interested. Just looking to expand it really it is in its early stages.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look last night as something came up but hopefully tonight! I will Defo pass it around :biggrin:
Wish everything would **** off and i could just ignore it all

:lovehug:

:jumphug:

:heart:

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Don't fancy sleeping because waking up is just rediscovering everything that is wrong..

That's the quote of my life :lol:

Thank you :h:
I had been watching Most Haunted- It's silly and the earlier series were slightly scary, now it's a comedy and very funny. The last episode the couple who do it had a domestic and started arguing about responsibilities such as the dishwasher. Some books fell of a very disorganised book room.- I started discussing the Roman Legion walking through the Room and looked it up on google. I went onto a blog about Ghosts, the first post I read had a pretty creepy story and one that kinda was very disturbing. I thought I was going to have a nightmare and so I told myself I wasn't going to have one. Woke up and didn't have one.
True Story.

The point I'm making is, I've learn that I can influence my dreams and control them to some extent. It just requires practice and trial and error.
Didn't mean to sleep for so long.
Hate waking up because im still dizzy and feel crap :/
might just sleep for the rest of the night but have so much to do :closedeyes:
didnt mean for that to be anon lol ^
Didn't mean to sleep for so long.
Hate waking up because im still dizzy and feel crap :/
might just sleep for the rest of the night but have so much to do :closedeyes:

Eat something! And smile :redface: Then sleep :h:
Original post by ZuluK
Eat something! And smile :redface: Then sleep :h:

Just ate dinner :hugs:
My smile is horrendous loool :rofl: i look even more retarded than normal so it is lucky that i dont smile that often :redface:
might do that lovely :goodnight:
how are you doing? :lovehug: x
Just ate dinner :hugs:
My smile is horrendous loool :rofl: i look even more retarded than normal so it is lucky that i dont smile that often :redface:
might do that lovely :goodnight:
how are you doing? :lovehug: x

Ooohhh what did you eat? :colondollar:

Looool well no one has to look at you :lol: and I bet you look beautiful. I once got told off by a stranger for looking creepy cuz I was smiling at my phone and laughing :colonhash:
Is anyone around? :redface:
Hey :redface: how are you sir?

Quick Reply

Latest