The Student Room Group

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by SarahHill11
Great! When are you starting? And I hope you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the old lady of the group! I'm 29! X

Haha, if you call yourself the oldest, I am 38! I'll probably be the grand dad in my group then!
Original post by lere
Haha, if you call yourself the oldest, I am 38! I'll probably be the grand dad in my group then!

Careful now before people declare themselves grand dads and grand mums of their groups. I turned up for my interview and was the youngest at 38.
Great! When are you starting? And I hope you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the old lady of the group! I'm 29! X

You will be the youngest, ha ha ha😂. I am 38.
Original post by #ladybird
You will be the youngest, ha ha ha😂. I am 38.

😂😂 well what a great way to start by insulting my colleagues! 🙈 Sorry guys! Glad there's going to be a good mix of people as I imagined it would be mostly younger people!

I am really looking forward to starting, what dates have you chosen?
X
Hi again people, I received my DBS certificate on thursday just gone, I got an email this morning (monday) saying i had passed pre employment checks and another email at 1pm this afternoon giving me the choice of 18th july or 25th july. I have selected the 18th july, for the peterlee office.

Once i got my DBS Certificate it was quite a speedy process for me.

Hope this helps the ones left to hear anything.
also, im 28 :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by inglesant
Hi again people, I received my DBS certificate on thursday just gone, I got an email this morning (monday) saying i had passed pre employment checks and another email at 1pm this afternoon giving me the choice of 18th july or 25th july. I have selected the 18th july, for the peterlee office.

Once i got my DBS Certificate it was quite a speedy process for me.

Hope this helps the ones left to hear anything.

Congratulations, that was quick from when you received your dbs and when you got the formalised offer. And you are 28 too, great stuff.I am almost a decade older!
Hi guys, I have received my formal offer for the Bolton office and have chosen the 22nd August as a start date! Congratulations to everyone that has gotten the job! What a long process! Feels like forever!
Who here is starting in Bolton?
Xx

Hello!
I am starting at Bolton finally! I've chosen the 8th August as my start date!
Received an email today about another vetting application form, did you?
X x
😂😂 well what a great way to start by insulting my colleagues! 🙈 Sorry guys! Glad there's going to be a good mix of people as I imagined it would be mostly younger people!

I am really looking forward to starting, what dates have you chosen?
X

22nd Aug. Received another vetting form today.
Need to sort out accommodation as well.
Original post by #ladybird
22nd Aug. Received another vetting form today.
Need to sort out accommodation as well.

Yes, I got another vetting email today, they don't half make it hard for us! Where about are you coming from if you're needing accommodation? X
Reply 130
Hi, I think I am the only one left who is waiting for a formal offer now..received (pre-employment checks completed) email on the 5th of this month.:frown:
Reply 131
Hi all , I got my formal offer email for Croydon yesterday Tuesday, with 3 start dates, 18th july, 1st and 15 August.I went with the 15th August. Congratulations everyone.
Any Croydon starters for the 15th August?
Reply 132
Original post by Shaun16
Hi, I think I am the only one left who is waiting for a formal offer now..received (pre-employment checks completed) email on the 5th of this month.:frown:

I will suggest you chevk your junk mail or give them a ring asap..Usually u get a formal offer the next day or so after the email about completion on pec.I got mine same day!
Reply 133
Hi Lere thanks for the reply, have you got a contact number where I can call please?
Reply 134
Original post by Shaun16
Hi Lere thanks for the reply, have you got a contact number where I can call please?

Hi Shaun, I would reply to the same email address, where you received the completion of the PEC. Also , there is a contact number in the original application, I'm sure for Croydon. I do not know which office you applied to , but also refer back to application and reply back to the same email . let me know if you don't get through and I might as well do my homework and get you the right contact number.
Reply 135
Hi Lere, I can't reply to that email as it says noreply. And there isn't any number where I can call to get the update. Also do I have to post my DBS anywhere? Thanks
Reply 136
Original post by Shaun16
Hi Lere, I can't reply to that email as it says noreply. And there isn't any number where I can call to get the update. Also do I have to post my DBS anywhere? Thanks

I didn't have to post my DBS anywhere. I received it in the post, about 2 weeks later I got an email saying my checks were complete then the day after that I got an email with a formal offer.
Reply 137
Yes I received my DBS about 2 weeks ago and then email saying on the 5th that all checks satisfactorily completed and someone will be in touch with the start date, and nothing since then. I applied at Bolton office. Any ideas what shall I do.
Reply 138
You can google the Bolton HMRC office phone number, hopefully they'll be able to put you in contact with the surge team.
Reply 139
Original post by Shaun16
Yes I received my DBS about 2 weeks ago and then email saying on the 5th that all checks satisfactorily completed and someone will be in touch with the start date, and nothing since then. I applied at Bolton office. Any ideas what shall I do.

Hi Shaun, it could be that they are looking for a suitable date. I applied to the Croydon office . That being said , the generic email would be: [email protected] If that fails, refer back to correspondence you have had and try to locate a contact person either on emails to you or the initial job advert. Do not forget to quote the vacancy number your inquiry is about. Thing is your PEC have been completed satisfactorily, therefore I can put it down either to them not finding a suitable start date yet or an oversight. Some have received immediate emails of start dates and for some on the thread , it has taken 3-5 days. So relax, and I am sure you will hear back either tomorrow or the beginning of next week. Good luck and let us know how it went. You do not need to send DBS certificates unless, expressly asked to do such. Usually with a clean DBS they would hardly request for you to post it. But these things are normal anyway. Some are fast and some are slow. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending