The Student Room Group

Tutoring at 16

Hi everyone,

I felt I might be able to get some help on here.

So, I was thinking of becoming a tutor throughout the summer holidays, in French and Latin, and potentially English as a foreign language or something.

The problem, though, is that I'm only 16. Being 16, I think people might see me as incapable- despite being fluent in French, as well as a few other languages, and doing Latin GCSE.

I would plan to perhaps teach it to children, or maybe adults who are wishing to get a hold onto French for example.

I don't know how much I would charge, but I was wondering what the views of you guys were on it.

Just so everyone knows, my local library do a French Language Club, so I was planning on going to that and seeing the demographic of people, then asking their thoughts on it.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? Oui ou non?
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Hi everyone,

I felt I might be able to get some help on here.

So, I was thinking of becoming a tutor throughout the summer holidays, in French and Latin, and potentially English as a foreign language or something.

The problem, though, is that I'm only 16. Being 16, I think people might see me as incapable- despite being fluent in French, as well as a few other languages, and doing Latin GCSE.

I would plan to perhaps teach it to children, or maybe adults who are wishing to get a hold onto French for example.

I don't know how much I would charge, but I was wondering what the views of you guys were on it.

Just so everyone knows, my local library do a French Language Club, so I was planning on going to that and seeing the demographic of people, then asking their thoughts on it.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? Oui ou non?

This may be unhelpful but you could find your local Kumon centre and see if you could tutor there - they do English and Mathematics.
Original post by Edminzodo
This may be unhelpful but you could find your local Kumon centre and see if you could tutor there - they do English and Mathematics.

Not at all unhelpful!
Thank you for the idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending