The Student Room Group

How does SAAS actually work?

I have applied to SAAS, and I qualify for a student loan. But how do I receive this loan? Is it paid into my bank account? Am I able to use it to pay for student accommodation and other necessities, like food? Answers much appreciated
Reply 1
You will receive info from saas etc fire you start letting you know when payment into your bank aunt will be...usually around the date you enrol at uni/college...although first year it takes Upto three days to get in account. Depending on uni/college on first day at enrolment in my case they took details if you are paying for accommodation from student funds then they will take your card details and take first terms accommodation from card about a week later if staying in halls.

It will fall into place and depends how each place works but that's how ours worked. It will be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I should add that if you are going to a Scottish place then you are paid monthly but if you attend an English or Welsh uni they pay you over the three terms so every few months usually at ft, January and after Easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Bluebells60
I should add that if you are going to a Scottish place then you are paid monthly but if you attend an English or Welsh uni they pay you over the three terms so every few months usually at ft, January and after Easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, I am much calmer about it now
Reply 4
No problem. Glad to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutegaymoon
I have applied to SAAS, and I qualify for a student loan. But how do I receive this loan? Is it paid into my bank account? Am I able to use it to pay for student accommodation and other necessities, like food? Answers much appreciated

the maintainance loan is paid into your bank account for you to spend as you wish. However do bare in mind that it may not cover all essentials.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending