The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

As above, confirmed Tim Duncan has/will retire from basketball. The Spurs released a brief that simply said:

'1072-438 (.710) record. Five Championships. Goodbye No.21'. Pop will hold a news conference tomorrow.
This video is so cool, shared the song on the music thread so though I'd pop in here because you guys would probably appreciate it more. I don't even know if i've already posted it but it's so sick who cares :biggrin:

[video="youtube;i8UjB8_e7dA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8UjB8_e7dA[/video]

Oh I love how along with the lyrics 'I thought you were by my side, but now there's nobody by my side' It shows Durant (snakes OKC), Rose (got snaked by Bulls) then Lillard (snaked by everyone lol), obviously the former 2 happened after the season but still pretty cool :p:
(edited 7 years ago)
Surprised Dray's arrest hasn't been mentioned
Original post by blackened_sky
Surprised Dray's arrest hasn't been mentioned

Seems he slapped someone who was taunting him. Should be fine but one would hope, given the Olympics are around the corner, he would be a bit more careful.
Original post by eden3
Yeah I'm a huge fan of Ingram, he's such a versatile scorer and is a nice shot-blocker too if you take a look at his college highlights. As for Mozgov and Deng, I mean I guess Deng will provide some veteran leadership and the only big positive for Mozgov is that he can help Ingram on defense when bigger players decide to abuse Ingram's thin frame. Other than that I can't see these guys making a significant contribution, I really wanted someone who would have a a noticeable impact straight away :frown: Just gotta pray we somehow get Westbrook next season I guess.

Yeah Portland is on the rise :wink: Ezeli was a nice pick up. And I really hope they give Shabazz Napier some minutes (don't know if you're familiar with him), I feel like his talent is going to waste.

That's what I think, unless you won't get a superstar or at least a league star, you have little chance of reaching the playoffs. No reason to not see promise for the Lakers though, it will be interesting how the 2 youngsters combine (Russell & Ingram) with the help of the vets, can't be worse than last season. :wink:
Original post by MrDystopia
Seems he slapped someone who was taunting him. Should be fine but one would hope, given the Olympics are around the corner, he would be a bit more careful.

Yeah, $500 fine expected, clearly nothing serious but I was expecting a big hoo-ha to be made of it, considering it's Dray lol
Original post by blackened_sky
Yeah, $500 fine expected, clearly nothing serious but I was expecting a big hoo-ha to be made of it, considering it's Dray lol

I think the opposite applies. What else can you expect from a guy like him? :p:
Reply 547
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I think the opposite applies. What else can you expect from a guy like him? :p:

If he hit anyone it was probably just muscle memory ya know, his body has a mind of its own. He would never intentionally hit anyone that sweet little angel :wink:
Reply 548
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
This video is so cool, shared the song on the music thread so though I'd pop in here because you guys would probably appreciate it more. I don't even know if i've already posted it but it's so sick who cares :biggrin:

Nice mix! :wink:
Surprised Draymond didn't kick the guy in the nuts, guy loves the nuts. :lol:

Also Timmy D gone? Sad day for us all. Best PF ever :sad:
in 1 season we lost two living legends. Timmy D went out as one would expect the opposite of how Kobe did and thats no surprise.

Thank you Tim
Seriously the most casual/IDGAF face around :lol:
Reply 552
Put some respeck on him
Reply 553
Thank you The Big Fundamental :cry2:
Reply 554
Gotta love IT man. It's fun watching this guy get buckets.
[video="youtube;yBmPElVxFhc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBmPElVxFhc[/video]
Obviously it's not nba but if anyone wants to watch some basketball over the summer the FIBA junior tournaments start later this week and all are streamed for free on youtube. The first one this year is the u20 european tournament, which usually includes several prospects who will be drafted the following year (as an idea of the talent level people who have played in the past few years include the likes of porzingis bender rubio sabonis korkmaz etc) and the games are often pretty competitive, although there is quite a wide gap in talent between the players there. The rosters aren't all up yet so I can't tell for sure what the best games will be, but going by the teams who are normally good on friday the best games will probably be turkey vs lithuania at 2:15 (includes a few nba prospects such as yurtseven if he plays, who recently had a double double of 91 points 28 rebounds in a turkish youth game for fenerbache) and then spain france at 6:45 so if you want to watch any of it they are all on fiba's youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/FIBA and stats fixtures etc are over at http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2016
Reply 556
Original post by epic within
Conference finals? OKC barely beat the spurs with durant and ibaka, now both of them are gone. They're not beating the spurs, warriors or the clippers, half of their offence and defence is gone, they would be lucky to make the playoffs. Did you forget the 2014–15 NBA season. Westbrook is going to be traded because if he leaves OKC, then OKC gets nothing and as reports say he has no intention staying in OKC, so he'll be trade for sure.

Are you on crack? They crushed the spurs in the last 3 games. The 14-15 season they were playing with Westbrook and 6 other players for a chunk of the season. If they all stay fit, they're still the third best team in the conference.
Reply 557
PG got the best hairline in the NBA.

Original post by eden3
PG got the best hairline in the NBA.

Give that man an award :congrats:
Reply 559
can the nba season start plz kthx

Quick Reply

Latest