The Student Room Group

Biology mock exam tomorrow, I'm screwed

In short, we were told a few weeks ago that we were having a mock exam but we were told to start revising a week ago. I haven't been able to revise everything properly and I'm screwed. I've missed a whole chapter about ecology. What makes this worse is that if I get lower than a D, i'll be kicked off the course. I've never got a D in any other mocks but I feel so worried due to my lack of revision. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by xxVENUSx
In short, we were told a few weeks ago that we were having a mock exam but we were told to start revising a week ago. I haven't been able to revise everything properly and I'm screwed. I've missed a whole chapter about ecology. What makes this worse is that if I get lower than a D, i'll be kicked off the course. I've never got a D in any other mocks but I feel so worried due to my lack of revision. What should I do?

Should I just skip the exam tomorrow?
Reply 2
I find it hard to motivate myself to revise. I was also revising work that I was doing (going over work that I did in class during my free time) I know I was lazy but I don't know what to do :frown:
Revise now. It's still possible, unless you just give up.
Reply 4
Original post by david9640
Revise now. It's still possible, unless you just give up.

I've got to revise like a quarter of the book and I just can't. I've revised so much today and I'm on the verge of freaking out
I've got to revise like a quarter of the book and I just can't. I've revised so much today and I'm on the verge of freaking out

I've done what you've done before, and came out with an A. I revised for nearly 48 hours straight with very little sleep, but it was worth it. I also learned from my mistake.

If you give up now then there's no point in even posting here, you've given up and you will fail. Why risk that, when you only need to put in some effort for another 12 or so hours? Once you've failed you will regret it.
Reply 6
Anyone else?
Reply 7
get up at like 6am and revise....
Reply 8
Anyone else?

Are you just waiting for someone to say "Don't worry, it'll be fine?"

Your choices are revise instead of sleep and be tired for the mock, sleep instead of revise and panic the whole way through.. If you can't motivate yourself to revise then it's only going to get worse..
Anyone else?

Hey :smile:

I've moved this to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more responses.

Best of luck!
Ethan
Reply 10
Original post by xellah
are you just waiting for someone to say "don't worry, it'll be fine?"

your choices are revise instead of sleep and be tired for the mock, sleep instead of revise and panic the whole way through.. If you can't motivate yourself to revise then it's only going to get worse..

i can't freaking revise half the book in a few hours
Reply 11
**** it, might just skip the exam
Reply 12

Yes you can by focussing on the core bits of information that you need to know.. I also highly doubt they'll remove you from a course for getting a bad grade, unless it's a private school they're probably just trying to scare you all into working for it.
Reply 13

Reading it once through would be better than not at all, skipping the exam would just result in being dropped from the course as well wouldn't it?
what an idoit, instead of you revising your on tsr, i hope you fail
wake up early and do it

or just fail lol its only a mock
Your best bet would be to not turn up for the mock and say you were ill so you've got longer to revise and spend like all day doing revision ... Cause if they're gonna kick you off the course then it's pretty deep
Reply 17
Do as you please, but it's worth trying. It's a little late in the game to start so think about exploiting your short term memory.

If the textbook you've been using is pretty short, just read through the relevant chapters now, then again if you have time in the morning. That's the best you can do.
Reply 18
Although... dare I say troll? Mock exams at the end of term?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending