The Student Room Group

Isnt this strange?

Why would a white guy ask a Muslim hijabi girl whom is a complete stranger for their number? It happened to me recently, (I was stopped in the middle of the street) and I'm still baffled at it. His reasons were "So we can talk on whatsapp" and also "Because I think you're pretty". I had no interest in giving my number but clearly he could see I was a Muslim, from my hijab so why. It seemed so strange.
lol this is not pakistan. welcome to the UK
Original post by Anonymous
Why would a white guy ask a Muslim hijabi girl whom is a complete stranger for their number? It happened to me recently, (I was stopped in the middle of the street) and I'm still baffled at it. His reasons were "So we can talk on whatsapp" and also "Because I think you're pretty". I had no interest in giving my number but clearly he could see I was a Muslim, from my hijab so why. It seemed so strange.

The simplest explanation is that he was telling the truth... Unless you think no one can tell whether or not you are attractive without first seeing your hair.

He obviously finds you attractive and wants to get to know you better :smile:
whats so bad about it that you have to make a tsr post, lol grow up
You do not have to be pretty without a hijab. There are a lot of Pretty hijabis:biggrin:
Like the ones below

Although please watch out. There are men with hijabi fetishes!
Reply 6
Original post by PrincessBO$$
You do not have to be pretty without a hijab. There are a lot of Pretty hijabis:biggrin:
Like the ones below

Although please watch out. There are men with hijabi fetishes!

Their faces are plastered with makeup-which counteracts the whole point of hijab
Their faces are plastered with makeup-which counteracts the whole point of hijab

Lol i know but some can pretty without makeup here is the first one without makeup

You need a pretty face to look pretty with makeup! And yes they are defeating the purpose of hijab! Who r we to judge tho:redface:
Reply 8
Original post by Xenon17
lol this is not pakistan. welcome to the UK

I've had muslim guys approach me before so it's not something new :smile: It's only that he was not a Muslim which threw me
I've had muslim guys approach me before so it's not something new :smile: It's only that he was not a Muslim which threw me

Dating muslims is taboo especially because of all the negative hype on the media about islam- so it is possible some people get turned on by that or are intrigued.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Perhaps go with the "DEATH TO THE KUFFAR!" T-shirt/hijab combo next time, maybe that way such innocent numpties will get le message :pierre:

Spoiler

I can understand why they may not want to date a non Muslim because of religion,parents and family etc just like some people wouldn't want to date outside their race/culture.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Naturally, and that's perfectly understandable (indeed arguably respectable), but this whole *you can tell I'm a Muslim, you're not one of us, you're one of them, so why are you even talking to me* attitude is 'problematic' (to put it mildly). Imagine if I posted the OP about a girl in hijab!?:mute:

oh okay so you're talking about the us and them mentality? I wonder if Muslim guys are also like this or if it's only girls who behave in such a manner when it comes to non Muslims wanting to date or flirt or whatever else. But yeah it does come across as devisive
Original post by Foo.mp3
Be serious!:mute:

Spoiler

Correct answer. Truth is, many of us kuffar don't bother approaching women with Muslamic credentials, and I can see where the OP is coming from, but still find the expressed sentiment/state of affairs re: importantion of a demonstrably culturally incompatible people completely unacceptable :dry:

Muslims have been coming to GB since the 15th century and up until 15 years ago there wasn't an issue. Muslims weren't seen as "incompatible" they were seen as what they are...regular humans. Now stop being such a sheep and getting on the media hate wagon.

It's not strange :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending