The Student Room Group

Do you ever question the point of life?

Sometimes when I am thinking a lot or being pensive I question the point of life. Kind of like what is the point of euro 2016 or the olympics what is the point of a levels etc
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

only every day of my life:smile:
Reply 2
You need to fill your time with something productive. I used to have these thoughts, there's no answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course, how can you avoid these thoughs and why would you? It's your responsibility to question your very existence and find your purpose in life.
Original post by Anonymous
Of course, how can you avoid these thoughs and why would you? It's your responsibility to question your very existence and find your purpose in life.

I know my purpose is to replicate my DNA in a purely biological sense but I want to achieve more and I still find life inherently pointless as one day we will all be dead and gone.
The question is always there, because no one has a proper answer. I just fill my time with hobbies, projects, and events to keep my mind off of it :P
Reply 6
I used to think about this alot, until I came to the conclusion that it is (from an objective POV) meaningless.
However, that means it's up to me to find my own subjective meanings and purpose. Those however, I've not managed to finalise yet.
Does there need to be a point? :dontknow: :smile:
Reply 8
I've been and had my existential crises yes.

You'll find your own solution when tackling these problems, I turned to absurdist thought.
Original post by karl pilkington
I know my purpose is to replicate my DNA in a purely biological sense but I want to achieve more and I still find life inherently pointless as one day we will all be dead and gone.

Are you an Atheist?
I used to when I was Agnostic but not anymore :tongue:
Stop thiinking or you'll turn into a religious fanatic like myself!
Original post by champ_mc99
Stop thiinking or you'll turn into a religious fanatic like myself!

What religion?
All the time
Original post by ODES_PDES
What religion?

Lol any.
I do. I came to the conclusion, like many others have, that there is no meaning. Everything we do will one day be forgotten. Almost everyone dies without being remembered by anyone other than family and friends. Everything you've brought and/or made will be sold, lost, destroyed etc. Every skill you have acquired will no longer be needed when your dead. We fight to change things but history simply repeats itself and nothing changes.
I strongly believe the purpose of life is to eat as many McDonalds chicken nuggets as possible.
Yes, very much. Why do we do all this just to die anyway? But the answer is life. Life and its experiences is why we do this. There doesn't need to be a bigger reason. You can even make your own purpose like just being happy.
I don't really think I do, I just enjoy it as much as I can.. until it lasts.

Quick Reply

Latest