The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - 28th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got the paper?
Unofficial Markscheme?
Original post by Mango Milkshake
I think it was a ratio of some sort, adiabatic lapse rate. You had to divide your worked out height by the given one to find some ratio. 0.9 something i got

I can't remember seeing such question... Oops...
Original post by allofthestars
for the density question in nuclear/thermal was one of the marks awarded for putting the units of density?

no
Is there any demand for an unofficial mark scheme for Thermal and Turning Points? I can write one up and post it here if anybody would like me to.
Original post by jay1421
is there any demand for an unofficial mark scheme for thermal and turning points? I can write one up and post it here if anybody would like me to.

yes please
ur my hero if you do
Original post by Jay1421
Is there any demand for an unofficial mark scheme for Thermal and Turning Points? I can write one up and post it here if anybody would like me to.

YEs! ha
Original post by Jay1421

What did you think of the turning points section this year, difficulty wise, compared to previous years?

Also, what's your thoughts on the A* boundary for turning points out of 35?
I don't remember much of the paper but I remember the acceleration of me leaving school after that physics exam was more than 9.8m/s2 that's for sure
Original post by thestarter
YEs! ha

Alright, I'll have the unofficial mark scheme written out by tomorrow :smile:

Original post by kelvin1338
What did you think of the turning points section this year, difficulty wise, compared to previous years?

Also, what's your thoughts on the A* boundary for turning points out of 35?

I thought it was not too bad, it wasn't massively difficult but I also don't think it was the easiest paper, especially considering the amount of 'wordy' questions. Overall, I'd say the A* boundary was around 25/35 :smile: Hope that helps!
Original post by Jay1421
Alright, I'll have the unofficial mark scheme written out by tomorrow :smile:

I thought it was not too bad, it wasn't massively difficult but I also don't think it was the easiest paper, especially considering the amount of 'wordy' questions. Overall, I'd say the A* boundary was around 25/35 :smile: Hope that helps!

How's that unofficial ms coming along mate?
Original post by IsaacMed17
How's that unofficial ms coming along mate?

Hi - sorry to all, I hadn't quite gotten around to it and was at a Wedding all of yesterday, so I'll be finishing it up today and posting later.

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys!
Original post by Jay1421
Hi - sorry to all, I hadn't quite gotten around to it and was at a Wedding all of yesterday, so I'll be finishing it up today and posting later.

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys!

No worries mate. Anywhere close now?
For the experimental arrangement of rutherfords experiment, what did you include?
Original post by IsaacMed17
No worries mate. Anywhere close now?

Hey! Sorry again, it's almost done now, just making the finishing touches as I write this, just thought I'd give you an update as I know it's been delayed a lot - Sorry! Will post ASAP! :smile:
Original post by humzaakram1
For the experimental arrangement of rutherfords experiment, what did you include?

I'm posting an unofficial mark scheme very soon, however for that particular question, for 2 marks I believe you must draw...

- Alpha source (potentially with shielding)
- Gold foil
- Alpha-detectors around the apparatus
- Vacuum (the entire apparatus)
Hey all - just uploaded the Thermal etc. section of the mark scheme to imgur, here's the link!

Unit 5 Thermodynamics, Radiation and Gases Unofficial Mark Scheme

As always, if there's anything in it that you believe to be wrong, be sure to let me know and I'll correct it! :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by Jay1421
Hey all - just uploaded the Thermal etc. section of the mark scheme to imgur, here's the link!

Unit 5 Thermodynamics, Radiation and Gases Unofficial Mark Scheme

As always, if there's anything in it that you believe to be wrong, be sure to let me know and I'll correct it! :smile:

Thanks!

Nice, are you palnning on doing a turning points ms?
Original post by Abc321zxc
Nice, are you palnning on doing a turning points ms?

Yep! I'm midway through it at the moment, I'll be uploading it later tonight at some point - can't give a specific time though. Hope it helped so far!
Original post by Jay1421
Yep! I'm midway through it at the moment, I'll be uploading it later tonight at some point - can't give a specific time though. Hope it helped so far!

Hi, do you remember how many marks the question about speed of the molecules increasing as temperature increases was worth? Was it 2 or 3? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending