The Student Room Group

What are you studying for AS/ A levels

Year 11's are officially leaving school with their proms - well that's kinda informal, but its the last huge gathering, and i'm just wondering what people decided to study at AS and A levels.

Current year 10's are also beginning to write their personal statements. What do you guys want to study and become?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I aspire to become an architect so i currently want to, well not really want, but i decided to study Maths Physics and Design technology.

Are there any other subject choices i can take up as an aspiring architect (i kinda dont like math) by chance?
Reply 2
Currently I want to do

Maths
Further maths
Chemistry
Politics
Film studies
Photography

jokes I've just finished A2 - good luck all the gcse people
(edited 7 years ago)
Biology
Chemistry
Law

I want to be a air ambulance paramedic :colondollar: , currently awaiting GCSE results, bricking it :s-smilie:
Original post by Stormz1
I aspire to become an architect so i currently want to, well not really want, but i decided to study Maths Physics and Design technology.

Are there any other subject choices i can take up as an aspiring architect (i kinda dont like math) by chance?

Hey, i'm in year 12 and will be applying for architecture this year! I study art, maths, history and product design (DT)! Depending on the university you want to go to, there will be specific subject requirements for A level. Some universities require maths for architecture whilst others require art/DT (Art is usually preferred over DT). Having said that, what you choose is up to you, however, I recommend you taking art because you will be able to gather parts of your portfolio in your art lessons and stuff.

Of course it is entirely up to you what you choose but above are just suggestions :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
Currently I want to do

Maths
Further maths
Chemistry
Politics
Film studies
Photography

I just hope my GCSEs were alright
Are you still waiting for your GCSE results? I remember you telling me that you had just finished AS.

P.S: Maybe you mean your GCSE's are alright to get in to university, is that what you meant?

Sorry for bothering you btw :redface:, I was just curious :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by hamza772000
Are you still waiting for your GCSE results? I remember you telling me that you had just finished AS.

P.S: Maybe you mean your GCSE's are alright to get in to university, is that what you meant?

Sorry for bothering you btw :redface:, I was just curious :tongue:

I'm joking guys I'm waiting on my Alevel results :smile:.
Original post by fefssdf
I'm joking guys I'm waiting on my Alevel results :smile:.
Oh, lol, ok , fair enough :tongue: I got really confused :tongue:
Reply 8
Oh, lol, ok , fair enough :tongue: I got really confused :tongue:

just wanted to see if anyone would believe i would do 6 Alevels
Original post by fefssdf
just wanted to see if anyone would believe i would do 6 Alevels
Haha, you might have got some replies from some overly surprised people :tongue:

Is it possible to do 6 A levels in a School? I know you can do some privately.......
Haha, you might have got some replies from some overly surprised people :tongue:

Is it possible to do 6 A levels in a School? I know you can do some privately.......

I doubt a school would let you... but then again my school let me do 5 last year for a few months but i think thats cause i was self teaching one of them and so they didn't really realise i was doing that many...
Original post by fefssdf
I doubt a school would let you... but then again my school let me do 5 last year for a few months but i think thats cause i was self teaching one of them and so they didn't really realise i was doing that many...
Oh, ok, 6 would be wayy to many any ways :tongue:

Thanks a lot :biggrin:
I will hopefully be doing:

•English literature
•history
•Philosophy and ethics
•sociology/biology (unsure)

I want to study law
Hoping to study Psychology, Graphic Design, Creative Writing and Maths in September - I've just chosen subjects I love or think sound fun, to be honest (apart from Maths; I can do it but I'm only really taking it for my Granddad.)

At the moment, I wanna go on to study Psychology at University and become a Clinical Psychologist :smile:
advice from someone in y13 - don't take sociology
Hey!

Currently a year 10 student, want to study the sciences and maths at A levels and aspiring to become a neurosurgeon in the future.:smile:
Original post by vicky.m

I agree, year 13 student too.. biggest mistake... I loved studying it..but revising it and the exams.. smh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vicky.m

Why?
Original post by tinyshadow0
Why?

Its soooo boring at my college i couldnt put my finger on what I've learnt for 6 months buttttt, its a good breather from all of your other courses for me its the one i had less pressure on from about 1 essay every 2/3 weeks as homework

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by bluepearl7
Hey!

Currently a year 10 student, want to study the sciences and maths at A levels and aspiring to become a neurosurgeon in the future.:smile:

Wow! Good luck to you, its going to be a hard journey. I might have entered the health sector if i didn't dislike the insides of people.

Neurosurgeon reminds me of an anime called 'Monster'. Pretty well known and good, and no its not about Frankenstein if any of u guys are thinking so, anyway, enough rambling.

Quick Reply

Latest