The Student Room Group

Need Advice, Please

I need quick advice, please. I have the option to go to UK and look for work. I was going to do this and, if I found work quickly, work for about 2 months until university starts. However I don't know how quickly I would find/be offered work, I do not have enough saved up to stay and do nothing for too long. I wanted to do this but it is a little riskier and my funds are limited. The other option is just go to my home country and do some work there, and wait to return until university. I am a bit confused and do not know which is the better option ... Anyway, I need to decide quickly. What do you think?
Thanks.
Original post by AQuestion1
I need quick advice, please. I have the option to go to UK and look for work. I was going to do this and, if I found work quickly, work for about 2 months until university starts. However I don't know how quickly I would find/be offered work, I do not have enough saved up to stay and do nothing for too long. I wanted to do this but it is a little riskier and my funds are limited. The other option is just go to my home country and do some work there, and wait to return until university. I am a bit confused and do not know which is the better option ... Anyway, I need to decide quickly. What do you think?
Thanks.

Sign up with employment agencies in your hometown and see if they find you a job quickly If they don't then go to UK and sign up with agencies on the street
But employment agencies are the quickest way to get a job quickly.
You can still ask in all the shops too but that does'nt always work
Where are you going to live if you go to the UK ?
Reply 2
Original post by Judge Judy
Sign up with employment agencies in your hometown and see if they find you a job quickly If they don't then go to UK and sign up with agencies on the street
But employment agencies are the quickest way to get a job quickly.
You can still ask in all the shops too but that does'nt always work
Where are you going to live if you go to the UK ?

Hi Judey, thanks for your reply. I usually hand in the CV in person, do agencies cost? It would be Sussex for now. Which do you think I should pick considering the circumstances? I need to decide quick and then I won't be able to change my mind immediately.
Original post by AQuestion1
Hi Judey, thanks for your reply. I usually hand in the CV in person, do agencies cost? It would be Sussex for now. Which do you think I should pick considering the circumstances? I need to decide quick and then I won't be able to change my mind immediately.

All employment agencies are free, they get paid through employers who hired them to find people. I used to hand out cv's in shops and no one ever called me back but that does not mean they won't call you back, it's just bad luck for some people who don't get replies back so you should still hand out cv's but sign up with agencies on the high street too.
I think it's very risky to leave your home town if you have no plans on where you are going to stay unless you can find somewhere before you come to UK or if you can find a hostel to stay in if you can't find anywhere else.
I can't make the decision for you so i don't want to tell you the wrong thing.
Type on google employment agencies in Sussex and ring them up to make an apointment to see them or you can just walk in to any on the high street.
If you know what area of UK you want to go to then just type employment agencies and that area too. If you can print out the list of agencies or print them out in a library that would help you a lot instead or write them all down.

If you choose the UK type flatshare or hostels in UK or whatever area to get a list of places to stay. But usually people advertise on newsagents shop windows, even on noticeboards in supermarkets for lodgers so that's another way of finding places to live.
Because you only want to work for a short time until uni i think you should stay in your hometown but only come to the UK when you have more time off or like for a working holiday but again you must decide what is best for you
I was not sure if you meant Sussex is your hometown or where you want to go to in the UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending