The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
I'm probably going to start making flashcards again and just reading around my subjects a lot more :smile:

I might try and do similar but I think I'll focus on trying to understand some of the topics, rather than make revision material! I think understanding is gonna take long enough! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilacpotato
I might try and do similar but I think I'll focus on trying to understand some of the topics, rather than make revision material! I think understanding is gonna take long enough! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that sounds useful. I might even try learning new stuff that isn't going to be A level stuff. What subjects will you be doing? :smile:
Yeah that sounds useful. I might even try learning new stuff that isn't going to be A level stuff. What subjects will you be doing? :smile:

Hey,
Have you bought the textbooks and stuff ? Have you started revising ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey,
Have you bought the textbooks and stuff ? Have you started revising ?

I have a Physics one but I don't think it is the newest version. I will be starting in earnest tomorrow, but for today I will be planning out everything. I've done some studying that isn't college related though. :smile:
I have a Physics one but I don't think it is the newest version. I will be starting in earnest tomorrow, but for today I will be planning out everything. I've done some studying that isn't college related though. :smile:

Oh ok :smile: I'm currently busy with family stuff so after that i might get back to studying :smile: Although i've started with Maths :biggrin:
Oh ok :smile: I'm currently busy with family stuff so after that i might get back to studying :smile: Although i've started with Maths :biggrin:

Ah I see, don't worry yourself with studying just yet, as you have plenty of time!! And you'll spend the next 2 years doing it too! How long do you have left before you start college? :smile:
Ah I see, don't worry yourself with studying just yet, as you have plenty of time!! And you'll spend the next 2 years doing it too! How long do you have left before you start college? :smile:

Haha yep :smile: I start in September - I think the first week not sure ! you ?
Haha yep :smile: I start in September - I think the first week not sure ! you ?

I start in September too, but I think mine is near the middle so I have about 10 weeks left :smile:
I start in September too, but I think mine is near the middle so I have about 10 weeks left :smile:

Oh wow ok :smile: Make sure to update me and others on your studying :smile:
Oh wow ok :smile: Make sure to update me and others on your studying :smile:

I will do!! I'm going to try and do an hour or so of something productive so I have enough to talk about in my update later on :wink:
I will do!! I'm going to try and do an hour or so of something productive so I have enough to talk about in my update later on :wink:

Yay !! When will you start doing this ? Are you keeping this thread till the end ( uni ? )
Yay !! When will you start doing this ? Are you keeping this thread till the end ( uni ? )

I'll probably start my updates from tonight in this thread and then when I start the official term I will probably start a new thread but link the two together :smile:
EXTRA UPDATE 1

Well this is different but I've got an update for you guys on what I've been studying. It may not be much and it may not all be college related but it is something educational so I suppose it is worth sharing :smile:

Today I've been trying to memorise Chinese (Mandarin) characters for colours and animals. I've also been reading Physics books but I plan to do more serious work tomorrow in between everything else :biggrin:
EXTRA UPDATE 1

Well this is different but I've got an update for you guys on what I've been studying. It may not be much and it may not all be college related but it is something educational so I suppose it is worth sharing :smile:

Today I've been trying to memorise Chinese (Mandarin) characters for colours and animals. I've also been reading Physics books but I plan to do more serious work tomorrow in between everything else :biggrin:

WOW well done !! Your so determined :biggrin: I love it

I don't think the new physics books are out yet for the 2017 exams as it's not on the Amazon website. I think they'll come out in August. I'm doing AQA, what about you?:smile:
WOW well done !! Your so determined :biggrin: I love it

Haha thank you - it's not much though. I might start the summer competition they've got going :smile:

Original post by Pens&Papers
I don't think the new physics books are out yet for the 2017 exams as it's not on the Amazon website. I think they'll come out in August. I'm doing AQA, what about you?:smile:

No the one I have is definitely an old one, but it should cover the majority of the same topics (hopefully). I'm doing AQA too :smile:
Haha thank you - it's not much though. I might start the summer competition they've got going :smile:

No the one I have is definitely an old one, but it should cover the majority of the same topics (hopefully). I'm doing AQA too :smile:

No worries :smile: I was about to as well but then there wasn't much i'm going to be doing anyways.

I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, French and German...I decided to really go for it today and so I spent the morning doing French grammar exercises and then about an hour making notes from my Biology textbook and trying to get my head around things! That will be me done for a few days!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
EXTRA UPDATE 1

Wow, Mandarin?! That's such a good idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries :smile: I was about to as well but then there wasn't much i'm going to be doing anyways.

Aw go on it would be fun and you never know, it might make you do even more in your summer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending