The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

I remember this classic match, can't believe it has been 25 years now. [video="youtube;8SvbANXsTRI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SvbANXsTRI[/video]
Rotherham away, I can hardly contain my excitement.
Brighton at home first game, the followed by home games against Aston Villa and Newcastle, so our first 3 home games are going to be very difficult. At least our away games are fairly good to start with, Barnsley and Burton Albion both up fairly early.

(I support Derby btw, so I can't wait to see how we bottle it this year :colonhash:)
The EFL Cup is a ridiculous name, to be honest. Some good ties in the first round, though. I'm particularly intrigued by how Bolton and Blackpool get on against each other, with both in disarray off the field.
Bit late in regards to Ched, but at the end of the day he is an innocent man legally speaking at this moment. What he did was morally wrong (ie. cheating on his girlfriend and taking advantage of a girl arguably) but the more I read into the actual case, the more I believe he is innocent. Considering the state of the Chesterfield squad last season, I'm more concerned about whether he can perform, rather than the morals of it. Without a doubt a quality player but his lack of match fitness and obvious lack of competitive games in the last four years does concern me.
Canos and Tomlin, yes pretty please
Kemar Roofe - Oxford's talisman - being linked with Leeds. Exciting signing if they pull it off.
Newcastle closing in on a 22m pound deal for Dwight Gayle and Matt Ritchie. Absurd money for this division. They'll be up by February.
Original post by Mackay
Kemar Roofe - Oxford's talisman - being linked with Leeds. Exciting signing if they pull it off.

Oxford rating him @ 3m, which is comfortably over Leeds' evaluation which is about half that. Can't see that happening for a while.

Looking at closing in on Kyle Bartley of Swansea and constantly being linked with Ashley Fletcher from Man U, formerly Barnsley on loan.
Gayle and Ritchie are excellent, excellent signings.*
Absolute madness that there is positive speculation around Wolves for a change. Not that I'm particularly in favour with Kenny going but talk of the guy being touted as next manager of Spain (Lopetegui) and a takeover to finally take us out of Steve Property Morgans hands are very encouraging signs.

(Reckon its all bull though and we'll end up with Steve Evans and the Bhatti brothers again or something tho..)
Ritchie would be a superb acquisition for the magpies, but I can think of better ways to spend 10m than on Dwight Gayle. You could get McCormack and a fair bit of change.
Townsend won't be around at St. James' next season, though. He's off to Palace, with Gayle going the other way.
Kemar Roofe set to join Leeds at some point today, apparently. He's obviously got a cracking record in League 2, but does he have the ability to step up to championship level? Can't say I've ever really watched him so any comments would be excellent.
Lewis Cook joins Bouremouth for a fee of £7m rising to £10m with add ons.

Not gonna lie, this one really hurts. He'll play for England.
Sheffield United make a double swoop for Jack O'Connell and John Fleck.
I am a Sheff United fan **** Sheffield Wednesday I got a ticket in the hull end to see them fail in the play offs
Walsall want £900k for Bradshaw - and they're likely to get it. Rangers and a few Championship clubs reportedly interested.
Original post by Mackay
Walsall want £900k for Bradshaw - and they're likely to get it. Rangers and a few Championship clubs reportedly interested.
He's worth it.
As for Wolves were still waiting on that precious takeover against the clock of championship kick off day.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
He's worth it.
As for Wolves were still waiting on that precious takeover against the clock of championship kick off day.

Looks like a 3 week timeframe for us acording to the media at least, which whilst incredibly exciting news in the long term does worry me for the start of next season, especially with only 1 striker..

Quick Reply

Latest