The Student Room Group

I am scared of growing up

I know it is inevitable but I don't want to hear this now I just want to be comforted by some kind words if anyone may please provide some it would be greatly appreciated.

I am really scared of growing up I feel like I am closer closer and closer to death I am scared I don't want to disappoint my parents and I am scared that I will lead a lonely unfulfilling life I am split on my career path.I might go to boarding school next year if I get in I doubt it to be honest.

I don't want to die I am scared of death's pain I am scared of living in a world where I am lost and lonely,unsuccessful and unhappy.I am a bit childish and very sensitive kind words before going to sleep would be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous1502
x

In Sha Allah you will convert to Islam before you die and will practice it.
You be trollin?
Original post by Silver Arrow
You be trollin?

No I just feel a bit scared for the last couple of days I had an epiphany of how people now expect things of me and how scared I am really.
I feel the same way at times. Don't worry. You're not alone.
Original post by Edminzodo
I feel the same way at times. Don't worry. You're not alone.

Thank you I appreciate it the only helpful comment so far.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm

I don't think subtle threats are helpful here, even if they are meant to be jokey.

OP, perhaps try to be more positive and focus on the things that could go right in life rather than just pondering on the negatives.
we all gonna die, that's why in my opinion everyone has to make some sort of impact that is self-fulfilling. some people are able to influence the world in more obvious ways - for example the president of the united states or a ceo of some innovational company. But you can heavily influence your immediate surroundings for example always making your social group laugh.

again, we all gonna die, find something to do that you find important
Reply 9
Why tho? Being older is the best part of life, you have more experience, people take you more seriously, you go past age restrictions etc. yeah there's bad things as well but you can't remain a child forever.

When I was 16 I was terrified of turning 18 let alone 20, but now that I've reached 20 I can safely say I've never been so content with my life.
--
As for death, meaning of life etc. I'd suggest looking at the principles of existentialism and absurdism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I don't think subtle threats are helpful here, even if they are meant to be jokey.

OP, perhaps try to be more positive and focus on the things that could go right in life rather than just pondering on the negatives.

Na... I'm serious... seriously serious

You may think that I am twisted... But I'm kinda reminissing (I can't spell it) sooo I'm just saying what's in my mind.....
:colonhash:
Growing up isn't all bad! Maybe you think you won't achieve these things, but you can do it, and that's coming from someone who was in the exact same place as you are 2 years ago. Trust me, it'll all be fine. You just gotta think about the positives of growing older; making more, closer friends, meeting somebody and eventually having a family, following your own career and all that jazz. Just don't overthink it right now.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm

Pathetic.
Original post by Antediluvian
Pathetic.

Kl man... :colonhash:
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
- Mark Twain
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Reminiscing about growing up? I thought you had just turned 13?

Na.. I'm just intensely thinking about life right now...

I'm in a fragile mood, I'm not gonna reply to any replies you give me right now

PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY I'M HAVING A DEEP THOUGHT ABOUT MY LIFE.....
I know it is inevitable but I don't want to hear this now I just want to be comforted by some kind words if anyone may please provide some it would be greatly appreciated.

I am really scared of growing up I feel like I am closer closer and closer to death I am scared I don't want to disappoint my parents and I am scared that I will lead a lonely unfulfilling life I am split on my career path.I might go to boarding school next year if I get in I doubt it to be honest.

I don't want to die I am scared of death's pain I am scared of living in a world where I am lost and lonely,unsuccessful and unhappy.I am a bit childish and very sensitive kind words before going to sleep would be appreciated.

You will inevitably grow up and of course inevitably die as we all will. You are young and the world moves very quickly. At the moment, you should take each day as it comes. Try to plan something positive you can do each day which can give you a sense of achievement however small and keep a journal so that you know you are progressing.
If you can, try to talk to your parents or someone close to you so you won't feel you are carrying the burden on your own.

You have plenty of time ahead of you, and thinking about being unhappy isn't necessarily the bad thing since you can focus on things that could possibly bring you joy. Even if you're unsuccessful and lonely one day, you can change it if you put some effort in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You arent scared of death. You're scared of dying when your desires are unfulfilled. you are scared of life

I often feel scared to grow up, mainly because I want to stay young forever - I cant even imagine reaching 20 tbh

Quick Reply

Latest