The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Exodus123
I'm a first year (become a second year in September) and I turn 20 at the end of next month. I've never had a girlfriend nor had sex and I feel like it's becoming ridiculous. Pretty much everyone I know in my social circle has experienced these things yet they tell me that I should be happy that no one has ever liked me in that way before.

How do I change these things?

The first time,I seeing this kind of boy, having this habits,nice
You are very appreciated boy
Reply 2
Keep at it. It's only the attractive set that have it on a plate. Most everyone else has to work hard for it. Work on every aspect of your attractiveness, appearance, repartee etc. Get out and about and don't only go after babes. It comes.
Actively search for it or it will not come.

Love does NOT just appear for you. It really doesn't. That attitude is why so many people end up getting divorces from their marriages and live their lives merely content with their family and partners historically.

Make yourself more attractive.
You don't need a girlfriend or need to have sex to be happy and enjoy life. Don't do it just for the sake of it.
The right person will come in your life when the time is right.
(edited 7 years ago)
Love will come naturally. :smile: That's the best way.
I am 21, still think I am extremely ugly and have a pretty boring personality. Just got a girlfriend recently - there is hope!
I am the same case with you but just a year younger. If my advice would be of any value;

Do not let the HAVE A GIRL/BOY FRIEND AND HAVE SEX thoughts manipulate you to determine what you should do and what you want. These thoughts will only make it harder for you to literally have a girlfriend and have sex.

All kinds of love needs effort.

From both sides.
If it matters that much just pay spend some cash on a hooker.

Personally i'd say avoid that and just loiter around cafe's cracking jokes, i've gotten hundreds of girls numbers like this and lost my virginity at 11
Reply 9
Original post by sameehaiqbal
You don't need a girlfriend or need to have sex to be happy and enjoy life. Don't do it just for the sake of it.
The right person will come in your life when the time is right.

I have been waiting for quite a while. Surely the time is right by now?
For all these people saying "it'll happen when the time comes", I'm sorry but this is just bad advice. A girl isn't just going to turn up at your door one day and voila; no, you're going to need to actively search for it. And by that I don't mean in a weird way lol, I mean having an active social life, actually talking to girls and being brave enough to ask people out. If you do this then it probably will 'naturally' happen at some point, but you're going to have to facilitate it.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
i've gotten hundreds of girls numbers like this and lost my virginity at 11

What jokes were you making? Club Penguin jokes?
Reply 12
I’m also 19 and have the same issue. I wouldn’t call my self unattractive or ugly more just average. I think I’ve got a decent personality I’m abit loud but all round I think I’m a nice enough person. What your saying here in unfair and not true. I’ve tried and tried and tried to talk to girls and it just never works. I don’t know if it’s just something about me or just a sheer streak of bad luck but I’ve never had any girl by my side… some people don’t understand how lonely and how excluded and empty some guys feel. Like me even righting this now I feel almost a discomfort in my chest because I’m now thinking about it. All of my friends say what you’ve said above and majority got with there girls friends and are still with there girlfriends or have at least had a long term relationship. It almost feels like a piece of me as a person is missing all because it’s like I’m refused actual love from another human being who isn’t my family or a MALE friend… it’s not the sex for me at all it’s just the feeling that I’ll never be loved by a girl that hurts so bad. I have friends much less attractive than me (not to be horrible)) but they have still had all of this… it gets so bad sometimes this feeing of just longing for someone to just love me for me that I feel a little depressed and isolated. So it’s easy for those who have had a relationship(s) since around high school or even college age to say that people like us just need to wait but the simple fact is a lot of us have waited 19,20,21ect years. I’m not saying it’s the end of the world and I’m not looking for pity im just saying that this lonely feeling isn’t something the majority of people can understand… especiallyIf your a woman.
Original post by user 42005
For all these people saying "it'll happen when the time comes", I'm sorry but this is just bad advice. A girl isn't just going to turn up at your door one day and voila; no, you're going to need to actively search for it. And by that I don't mean in a weird way lol, I mean having an active social life, actually talking to girls and being brave enough to ask people out. If you do this then it probably will 'naturally' happen at some point, but you're going to have to facilitate it.

Terrible advice even if you ask girls out/approach girls all that'll happen is you'll get rejected everything lol
Everytime**
I am 23 female- single and virgin 🙄 so chill bud
It’s not even an issue the love will come to your way- only do it when you feel like the person is worth it

Latest

Trending

Trending