The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths help.

What do you expect the grade boundries of this new specification to be (from specimen papers and sample assessment papers at their website)for an A*(8).I am kind of guessing 180-200/240?
[QUOTE=Fnt1klo;66373108]What do you expect the grade boundries of this new specification to be (from specimen papers and sample assessment papers at their website)for an A*(8).I am kind of guessing 180-200/240?
Which board is this prediction for? If it is for edexcel, i think your prediction is too high. It would be like 76-80 for an A*
(edited 7 years ago)
The new specification is 1-9. IIRC 7-8 is an A*, I don't know what the boundaries though.

Original post by 2000rules
Which board is this prediction for?

S/he said Edexcel in the title.
Original post by 34908seikj
The new specification is 1-9. IIRC 7-8 is an A*, I don't know what the boundaries though.

S/he said Edexcel in the title.

Oh Yeahhhh!! Totally forgot abt that
[QUOTE=2000rules;66393430]Oh Yeahhhh!! Totally forgot abt that

'1-9. IIRC 7-8 is an A*,' could you please explain this to me. I really didn't get it.
Reply 5
The new level 7 = A.The new level 8 = A*.New specification = 3 paper each worth 80 marks so total out of 240.I am asking about what marks you need for and 8 so I know what marks I should target in my mocks.
Original post by Fnt1klo
What do you expect the grade boundries of this new specification to be (from specimen papers and sample assessment papers at their website)for an A*(8).I am kind of guessing 180-200/240?

pfft you must be joking. That would probaly be the boundary to get a level 7(A) and to get a level 8 you would problably need 204 marks which is 85%

remeber they made the gcse much harder

also what did you get out of 240, i did really bad, i didnt even get over 200 even though i basically cheated :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by theBranicAc
pfft you must be joking. That would probaly be the boundary to get a level 7(A) and to get a level 8 you would problably need 204 marks which is 85%

remeber they made the gcse much harder

also what did you get out of 240, i did really bad, i didnt even get over 200 even though i basically cheated :smile:

Ok.So I should be looking 205-210.Just to be safe.We did the old spec as our end of year test I got 162/200.we haven't tried the new spec yet because we need to learn new topics first.
Original post by Fnt1klo
Ok.So I should be looking 205-210.Just to be safe.We did the old spec as our end of year test I got 162/200.we haven't tried the new spec yet because we need to learn new topics first.

yep, because my teacher told me that you need to get around 85% for a level 8 and over 90% for level 9. However that could change as exdecel would want to lower the boundaires so that the same porpotion of people getting A or C will also get it in the new gcse.

Also I gott 155/240 but in the old spec I got 175/200. It shows how much harder its gotten
Reply 9
Original post by theBranicAc
yep, because my teacher told me that you need to get around 85% for a level 8 and over 90% for level 9. However that could change as exdecel would want to lower the boundaires so that the same porpotion of people getting A or C will also get it in the new gcse.

Also I gott 155/240 but in the old spec I got 175/200. It shows how much harder its gotten

Yup,I saw some papers on their website.

Quick Reply

Latest