The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't being a sugar baby is bad. I saw a youtube video of a college student whose sugar daddy paid for intuition. She was getting through college with that money. As long as there is a consent, I think its fine. Some women have free sex in exchange for nothing while some women are traveling the world and getting paid for their company in jewelry, allowance, and a good time.

You don't know why that woman is a sugar baby and her reasons for it. Maybe she is attending college and wants to pay off her intuition, or graduate school or maybe wants to pay off her rent. If she enjoys being a sugar baby, and doing it safely, why it is a bad thing?

Women causally having sex with strangers is fine but women getting paid for their company by rich men is terrible?
Original post by Anonymous
It's not about pride, my usual account I use to post queries related to my professional job search as a solicitor and as you can see from this thread the rest of the world is very judgemental about this choice in lifestyle. I am completely honest with my friends and people I meet IRL about it but I wouldn't link my professional account or real name so as to not sabotage my career.

Fair enough :smile:

To be fair if there was a market for the male sugar baby..id think long and hard about it.

I do find it distasteful. But im a hypocrite. :dontknow:
Original post by hezzlington
Fair enough :smile:

To be fair if there was a market for the male sugar baby..id think long and hard about it.

I do find it distasteful. But im a hypocrite. :dontknow:

There probably is a market...
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
There probably is a market...

sign me up :sexface:
sign me up :sexface:

There is a market for male sugar babies and always has been
Just type Seeking Arrangement on google and sign up with them for free ,you will see all the other male sugar babies on it. You don't have to meet anyone if you don't want to but you can't see what other people look like on the website if you don't join and remember you don't have to sleep with any one if you don't want to.
Original post by donutellme
Why would someone just want your companionship..? They've got friends for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to remember that wealthy people are incredibly stupid that's why they waste thousands buying bottles of champagne in clubs for £10,000 just for one bottle, expensive watches, clothes, flash cars, etc,etc. Their the worst idiots on the planet and love wasting money on unecessary things so it's a buzz to them to pay just for companionship without the sex. Even though they have friends they want to meet new people and help them out by buying them expensive gifts and giving them money Because money means nothing to them and they don't value it
They love wasting thousands on charities so giving their money away just to spend time with someone else is exciting for them so anyone who meets a wealthy person who wants to give you their money should just take advantage of that because who is going to turn down free money ?
Original post by queen-bee
okay,I have a question. Is it always necessary to sleep with the guy(sugardaddy) or are there sugar babies that just provide companionship sans sex?*

How does one become a sugar baby?*

Type Seeking Arrangement on google, it's free to sign up and you don't have to meet up with anyone if you don't want to, if your just curious but don't want to do it or are not sure about it you can just look at all the pictures of other people male and female who are sugar daddies / sugar mummies and both male and female sugar babies and to see who replies back to you
You do not have to sleep with anyone it's your choice whether you want to or not but the clever men / women are the ones who choose not to and still get lots of money
So for anyone who is just curious about it or skeptical, judgemental or think it's bad should just sign up for free, check out the pics then make a judgement after seeing the website
Original post by Anonymous
It's not about pride, my usual account I use to post queries related to my professional job search as a solicitor

One of the questions you need to ask is 'what's the worst that could happen?' Here, being known to be a prostitute - what you're considering doing - is career-ending stuff. If you're going to do it, you have to be absolutely rigorous about protecting your identity. No face or other identifying pictures, no letting anyone know your real name, address, phone number or anything else.

Oh there is. But the vast bulk of it involves being sexual with other men.
Original post by Judge Judy
Type Seeking Arrangement on google, it's free to sign up and you don't have to meet up with anyone if you don't want to, if your just curious but don't want to do it or are not sure about it you can just look at all the pictures of other people male and female who are sugar daddies / sugar mummies and both male and female sugar babies and to see who replies back to you

To save anyone bothering, what will happen is that you'll get messages going 'I would love to give you lots of my* money, but first we need to see if we are compatible.** I am drug*** and disease free****'

* imaginary
** have sex
*** coke doesn't count, right?
**** that sex must be without condoms.

You do not have to sleep with anyone it's your choice whether you want to or not but the clever men / women are the ones who choose not to and still get lots of money

I for one can't look at my email without random people offering me lots of money for not having sex with them...

Get real.
Original post by shawtyb
its basically prostitution and although in the UK its legal, its just not a good thing!

i have no issues with differnet types of relationships but sugaring is just everything wrong with a relationship

I'm going to be controversial here and say this.

When you're applying for an academic job, you're selling your brain to the employer.
When you're applying for a building job, you're selling how strong you are.
When you're a surrogate, you can even sell your own womb.
Sugar babies are selling their companionship so why's it a bad thing?

Honestly I think it depends on the circumstance though. If you're going to be one because you're too lazy to get a job, then its not a good reason.

I know someone who has two sugar daddies. Her parents were both on benefits and alcoholics. When she told them she wanted to go to university they told her they wouldn't fund her at all. She's had offers from some amazing universities for Law and she's using sugar daddies to make sure she doesn't starve herself at university. She has a part time job but it doesn't pay too well. She's a lovely person and she doesn't have regrets about anything because she's willing to do anything to come out of university and do a Masters.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm going to be controversial here and say this.

When you're applying for an academic job, you're selling your brain to the employer.
When you're applying for a building job, you're selling how strong you are.
When you're a surrogate, you can even sell your own womb.
Sugar babies are selling their companionship so why's it a bad thing?

Honestly I think it depends on the circumstance though. If you're going to be one because you're too lazy to get a job, then its not a good reason.

I know someone who has two sugar daddies. Her parents were both on benefits and alcoholics. When she told them she wanted to go to university they told her they wouldn't fund her at all. She's had offers from some amazing universities for Law and she's using sugar daddies to make sure she doesn't starve herself at university. She has a part time job but it doesn't pay too well. She's a lovely person and she doesn't have regrets about anything because she's willing to do anything to come out of university and do a Masters.

The thing is that when it comes to getting a good career or settling down, these women will lie to potential partners about themselves because they know that no self-respecting man would want them. That totally isn't fair.
The thing is that when it comes to getting a good career or settling down, these women will lie to potential partners about themselves because they know that no self-respecting man would want them. That totally isn't fair.

Everyone has a past though. It depends completely on how many sugar daddies they actually sleep with as well.
Everyone has a past though. It depends completely on how many sugar daddies they actually sleep with as well.

Everyone does have a past. If your point is that it makes it acceptable to lie about it, you're wrong.
Everyone does have a past. If your point is that it makes it acceptable to lie about it, you're wrong.

Where did I say they should lie?
I don't really understand whit it is that's wrong about being a sugar baby?
Remember: sugar baby =/= prostitute.

Sugar babies sell their companionship, prostitutes sell their body.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as you keep your wits about you and take some safety precautions, there's no reason it shouldn't go well? Also, you don't need to have sex to be a sugar baby. Many 'sugar daddies' are just lonely men who are looking for someone to spend time with...
Original post by Gogregg
Remember: sugar baby =/= prostitute.

Sugar babies sell their companionship, prostitutes sell their body.

.. Many 'sugar daddies' are just lonely men who are looking for someone to spend time with...

In the vast majority of cases, sugar baby absolutely equals prostitute. Both are selling sexual services. (Not 'their body' unless they're selling hair or nail clippings...)

Outside 'near beer' clip joints, the number of men paying for companionship is a lot lot less than those paying for companionship and sex.

Yep, everyone has a past. Some begin the job of sweetening it by lying to their friends: 'Oh, no I don't have sex with them... they just give me the money for my dazzling personality.'
Original post by unprinted
In the vast majority of cases, sugar baby absolutely equals prostitute. Both are selling sexual services. (Not 'their body' unless they're selling hair or nail clippings...)

Outside 'near beer' clip joints, the number of men paying for companionship is a lot lot less than those paying for companionship and sex.

It may be 'in the vast majority of cases' that there is sex involved, I don't know that for a fact (I'm guessing you don't either, but oh well), but being a sugar baby DOES NOT MEAN that you have to have sex with the sugar daddy.
Original post by Gogregg
It may be 'in the vast majority of cases' that there is sex involved, I don't know that for a fact (I'm guessing you don't either, but oh well), but being a sugar baby DOES NOT MEAN that you have to have sex with the sugar daddy.

No, you don't. But good luck finding men who will pay not to have sex with you, when they can pay someone at least as intelligent, at least as attractive, as least as 'deserving' AND have sex with them.

(This wisdom comes from years at a sex work project...)
Original post by unprinted
No, you don't. But good luck finding men who will pay not to have sex with you, when they can pay someone at least as intelligent, at least as attractive, as least as 'deserving' AND have sex with them.

(This wisdom comes from years at a sex work project...)

You're refusing to acknowledge my point here.
There will likely be a large amount who go into it expecting sex on both sides, but that does not mean that there will have to be sex. You can be a sugar baby who doesn't have sex with the sugar daddy. As I said, sugar baby =/= prostitute.

Latest

Trending

Trending