The Student Room Group

Should I message him and apologize? Or has he moved on?

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a fab night.

So there was this guy at my workplace, who I had a little bit of banter with every now and again when we bumped into each other. We would basically smile and joke around with each other (we didn't see each other often so we didn't even get to know each other on a first name basis although I know his name obvs). But anyway the last few times we interacted he would just growl at me and then when i said what? He would just walk off with a cheeky smile and shake his head. I didn't know what to think of this so the next time he did it I ignored him as I was already in a bad mood and was getting uncomfortable at his growls. I saw him another time where he tried to kind of playfully move from me acting as though I had germs or something. Anyways, the last and final time I saw him he gave me a dirty look and seemed really pissed off. He then left work. I don't know if I should bother messaging him as I found him on facebook because we were really friendly and cool before but after that dirty look I'm confused...I don't understand why he behaved the way he did. So what do you guys think? Thanks everyone...
Reply 1
Also, I should add, when he was playfully moving away from me I told him to stop it but I didn't mean it in a rude way, I meant it like stop being mean...
Reply 2
Every now and again I feel guilty and as though I hurt him or something but then I think perhaps he showed his true colours when he gave me that dirty look just because I didn't respond to his growls and his immature behaviour.
Ditch him. :angry:You deserve better Girl :h:
I wouldn't apologise to someone who growled at me, or behaved in such an immature manner. It's your call. If you really don't want to lose him, contact him. Although I can't see why you'd apologise, for what? You told him to stop and he did. Understand he's probably going to continue acting the same way if you continue speaking, do you want that? If so, message him. It's that simple.
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Ditch him. :angry:You deserve better Girl :h:

Thanks girl... honestly I don't see how guys can think it's okay to just growl at you with no explanation. And they don't expect you get annoyed. I don't know if that's a flirting thing or what but I'm sorry I'm not experienced with flirting and all that stuff lol!
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks girl... honestly I don't see how guys can think it's okay to just growl at you with no explanation. And they don't expect you get annoyed. I don't know if that's a flirting thing or what but I'm sorry I'm not experienced with flirting and all that stuff lol!

what do you mean by growl? like a bear/animal growl?! I would've slapped him! :angry:
Reply 7
Original post by EllainKahlo
I wouldn't apologise to someone who growled at me, or behaved in such an immature manner. It's your call. If you really don't want to lose him, contact him. Although I can't see why you'd apologise, for what? You told him to stop and he did. Understand he's probably going to continue acting the same way if you continue speaking, do you want that? If so, message him. It's that simple.

Thank you I fully agree with you tbh. It's just that every now and again I remember the times we would smile and be nice to each other and kinda miss him as sad as that sounds. And then I feel guilty and think what if he was just trying to get close to me or something? But you're right, I definitely couldn't carry on with someone who wants to act like that... we're simply not compatible!
Reply 8
what do you mean by growl? like a bear/animal growl?! I would've slapped him! :angry:

LOOOL, yes literally, like a dog! It sounded sexual to me but who knows what he meant
Reply 9
How did you manage to not exchange names despite having so many interactions?!
Thank you I fully agree with you tbh. It's just that every now and again I remember the times we would smile and be nice to each other and kinda miss him as sad as that sounds. And then I feel guilty and think what if he was just trying to get close to me or something? But you're right, I definitely couldn't carry on with someone who wants to act like that... we're simply not compatible!

I know how it feels to think, wait, you're the one who was being immature so why do I feel like apologizing? Even when someone's been a complete idiot to me, I don't want them to feel bad or offended but at the end of the day, he deserved to be rejected for being a nuisance to you. You deserve better, and not to feel sorry for someone who doesn't treat you better :smile: Sometimes memories of the good times you had with a person can cloud your better judgement.
Original post by JoshC98
How did you manage to not exchange names despite having so many interactions?!

Idk lol we'd just bump into each other around the work place (its a big work place with lots of people) and remember the joke that started us off... and then we never really did the whole I'm X, nice to meet you thing... but I know his name, Idk if he knows mine
Original post by EllainKahlo
I know how it feels to think, wait, you're the one who was being immature so why do I feel like apologizing? Even when someone's been a complete idiot to me, I don't want them to feel bad or offended but at the end of the day, he deserved to be rejected for being a nuisance to you. You deserve better, and not to feel sorry for someone who doesn't treat you better :smile: Sometimes memories of the good times you had with a person can cloud your better judgement.

Yeah thanks a lot, like I really needed to hear this from someone because I'm sick of thinking about him and feeling guilty like I ruined things or hurt his clearly NON EXISTENT feelings
LOOOL, yes literally, like a dog! It sounded sexual to me but who knows what he meant

OMG next time u see him slap that son of a b*tch?! How can a civilised man growl at a woman? :angry:
OMG next time u see him slap that son of a b*tch?! How can a civilised man growl at a woman? :angry:

Tell me about it... I definitely found it disrespectful aswell. Although my friend thought I overreacted, and said she would've just laughed

We're both 19 so we're not like in our thirties haha but its still disrespectful right?
We're both 19 so we're not like in our thirties haha but its still disrespectful right?

It is! Perhaps he didnt mean it?:wink: Some 19 yr olds are immature
It is! Perhaps he didnt mean it?:wink: Some 19 yr olds are immature

Yeah I don't think he was intentionally being rude which is why I feel bad... but at the same time like the poster above said that's probably just what he's like and I wouldn't want to continue speaking to someone who would probably just make me feel uncomfortable... I'm totally over him anyway it's just the guilt sometimes hits me because he seemed kinda enthusiastic to see me, I don't like to hurt people's feelings but I doubt he gave a crap anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest